News: ST: Kris Richard new favorite to land Miami coaching job? Here's what oddsmakers say

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I think he’s going to Miami. The only place I didn’t want him to go to if he actually left.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Coach, it's very flattering and a great honor to be sought after as an NFL Coach, but please don't go to Miami or to a losing organization! We love you here and you're impact has elevated this team greatly. What a presence you have.

Jerry, pay the man and keep him! Figure out a way to get it done. But first, we need to win.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Richards leaves I only hope that Jerry brings in Greg Williams!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
All Kris has to do is withdraw his name if he wanna stay with the Cowboys as bad many fans hope. I think he's a goner and good for him. Just stay away from our agents.....lol
He may take some staff with him from us.

It's a danger for us in addition to him leaving.

We will see soon.

John813

Reaction score
Everywhere it says the Dolphins are interested and want to make Richard their next HC. Nowhere have I seen that Richard has expressed mutual interest.

Just because a team wants someone doesn’t mean they’ll get him. I don’t know, that’s my take on it.

Wouldn't seem right for a currently hired coach to either say something publicly or have it leaked that he is favoring a "promotion" when his team is still in the hunt.

One thing for the Jets and McCarthy, for example, where the coach says he prefers to coach somewhere when he is currently unemployed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wouldn't seem right for a currently hired coach to either say something publicly or have it leaked that he is favoring a "promotion" when his team is still in the hunt.

One thing for the Jets and McCarthy, for example, where the coach says he prefers to coach somewhere when he is currently unemployed.

Excellent point......similar situation with Arian suggesting he'd only come out retirement for Brown's job. Not sure they eve bothered interviewing him but the Bucs saved him.

Falco78

Reaction score
BTW....you think Martinelli statement is just a coincidence? Hell nah, he's seeing Kris every day. He knows its a done deal. Just making a desperate attempt to hopefully change his mind IMO.
That is how I have read all this too

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It’s probably a done deal... I hate losing a coach like Kris.

Ironically enough, I think the best way to stop this is to keep winning. Miami will probably go with someone this weekend as opposed to after the championship round or Super Bowl

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ironically enough, I think the best way to stop this is to keep winning. Miami will probably go with someone this weekend as opposed to after the championship round or Super Bowl

Maybe.....not sure why teams are in such a rush. There's plenty of time ......last year the Colts didn't Riech until February 11. That worked out fine....

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Seems to me that the NFL has been going away from The in your face yelling head coaches. Like harbaugh and Kris. They wear out their welcome
Real quick if they don’t win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So frustrating to finally get a top notch assistant, and a guy who turned around his side of the ball in just one year and then have to worry about losing him already!
:banghead:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
So frustrating to finally get a top notch assistant, and a guy who turned around his side of the ball in just one year and then have to worry about losing him already!
:banghead:
That's the double edged sword of having any measure of success and the reason that it's so hard to stay consistently successful in this league. Once you start having success, your rosters and coaching staffs get poached.

That's what gets lost in the dominance of Bill Belicheck. Yes, Brady has a lot to do with it but how many assistants under Belicheck have gone on to be HCs in this league? Yet, year after year they get replaced and he's sit sitting in the cat bird's seat? It helps that he's coached in the weakest division of the entire league for the past two decades but his success isn't luck.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the double edged sword of having any measure of success and the reason that it's so hard to stay consistently successful in this league. Once you start having success, your rosters and coaching staffs get poached.

That's what gets lost in the dominance of Bill Belicheck. Yes, Brady has a lot to do with it but how many assistants under Belicheck have gone on to be HCs in this league? Yet, year after year they get replaced and he's sit sitting in the cat bird's seat? It helps that he's coached in the weakest division of the entire league for the past two decades but his success isn't luck.

You're absolutely right. Belichick and the Patriots are effectively a school on how to work in the pros, for both players and coaches. He's such an excellent teacher that he not only prepares players, but coaches too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everywhere it says the Dolphins are interested and want to make Richard their next HC. Nowhere have I seen that Richard has expressed mutual interest.

Just because a team wants someone doesn’t mean they’ll get him. I don’t know, that’s my take on it.

While it's true that Richard has not publically expressed an interest in going to Miami, realistically that isn't how it normally goes. Candidates don't normally publically tell the press what are thinking about a particular job, especially if there are other openings they may be looking at and a candidate for, and also because it hurts their negotiating position with the team that has an opening. Typically the only indication of interest fans see from a candidate before the team offers the job is they fact that they agreed to interview for the job.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
It might already be a done deal & Richard is just not wanting to have it announced until the 'Boys are done, whenever that is.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
only way Richard stays is if Garrett steps down or is removed from his role involuntarily and Richard is promoted to HC

promoting him to DC and throwing money at him isn't going to cut it

and just throwing ludicrous amounts of money at him definitely won't cut it

Air Force One

Reaction score
Problem for Richard is if the Cowboys tank next year, particularly the defense, his stock goes way down. If he wants to be a head coach this could be his only opportunity.