News: ST: No TO: Romo not worried about Dez rants because he's not selfish or deceitful and is good...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo knows a wide receiver distraction based on pass experience with Terrell Owens.
So all that must be considered when he defends he emotional outbursts of receiver Dez Bryant in Sunday's 31-30 loss to the Lions.
"He’s a competitive guy," Romo said. "I don’t know that…He’s never complained to me about getting the ball. He knows the ball is going to where it’s supposed to. He knows that. I think more than anything it’s about him willing the team. When you guys see emotion sometimes from Dez, it’s just rah rah more than it is being a me guy. That’s not who Dez is. I think that would be completely out of character for him for it to be a me situation. He does a great job…sometimes, it’s come on guys, we’re better than this, really emotionally. But he’s never a selfish guy."
Romo said Bryant was not a distraction on the sideline. He said Bryant is a guy driven by his emotions and his teammates understand that.
"No. More than anything, it probably happens 12 times a year during games," Romo said. "Some guys are emotional during games. Others keep it in a little bit. It’s what helps him play good. There will be some stories about it, I’m sure, but everyone in the lockerroom knows there is nothing to it. It’s not like this guy is being deceitful or trying to do something that helps himself. He literally just cares about winning. Terrance caught a long touchdown, he comes over, Dez is the first guy to come over. He wants the ball because he thinks he can help us win. But he’s never going to come to me and just make that a point. That’s because he’s a good teammate."
All that was missing was "he's my teammate. he's my receiver."
Clarence Hill

Continue reading...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm sure Romo is cool about it. This is a non-story that will be a story for a day or three.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It will go unnoticed and they will think romo is lying and trying to cover for Dez. Because that's what these fans here believe. Because they don't like him and want him gone. It's really sad to see such a talented young player who just wants to win get so much crap.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If Tony's fine with it, then move on. It looked like it got ugly between he and Witten though.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo knows a wide receiver distraction based on pass experience with Terrell Owens.
So all that must be considered when he defends he emotional outbursts of receiver Dez Bryant in Sunday's 31-30 loss to the Lions.
"He’s a competitive guy," Romo said. "I don’t know that…He’s never complained to me about getting the ball. He knows the ball is going to where it’s supposed to. He knows that. I think more than anything it’s about him willing the team. When you guys see emotion sometimes from Dez, it’s just rah rah more than it is being a me guy. That’s not who Dez is. I think that would be completely out of character for him for it to be a me situation. He does a great job…sometimes, it’s come on guys, we’re better than this, really emotionally. But he’s never a selfish guy."
Romo said Bryant was not a distraction on the sideline. He said Bryant is a guy driven by his emotions and his teammates understand that.
"No. More than anything, it probably happens 12 times a year during games," Romo said. "Some guys are emotional during games. Others keep it in a little bit. It’s what helps him play good. There will be some stories about it, I’m sure, but everyone in the lockerroom knows there is nothing to it. It’s not like this guy is being deceitful or trying to do something that helps himself. He literally just cares about winning. Terrance caught a long touchdown, he comes over, Dez is the first guy to come over. He wants the ball because he thinks he can help us win. But he’s never going to come to me and just make that a point. That’s because he’s a good teammate."
All that was missing was "he's my teammate. he's my receiver."
Clarence Hill

Continue reading...

Romo covered for him but make no mistake Dez wanted the ball and even JG said it in his Post game comments. There is absolutely no reason not to have dez more involved in the game, 3 catches is a failure for our offense today and a lot of that rides on Romo for not targeting him more early. I think he has to make a point to get him involved, he's great after the catch and really makes good things happen.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Romo covered for him but make no mistake Dez wanted the ball and even JG said it in his Post game comments. There is absolutely no reason not to have dez more involved in the game, 3 catches is a failure for our offense today and a lot of that rides on Romo for not targeting him more early. I think he has to make a point to get him involved, he's great after the catch and really makes good things happen.

I think people are mistaking Dez wanting the ball for personal gain vs team
Gain. Clearly he wants the ball for team game and not personal gain. He's never hinted or acted liked he wanted it for personal gain or complained he wasn't getting the ball enough. But it was clear he had a ton of single coverage and should've been given a chance. He's clearly a difference maker and can change the complex of a game

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Dez Bryant is far from the damn problem... I want 5 or 6 more Dez's on this team! I believe it's time to exit with the old and usher in the new group of Cowboys leaders.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm convinced it did. I think everyone is just doing damage control at this point but its fine. They have moved on and everyone else should to.

Well, if I hear something direct from Witten, then we know it'll blow over. But if it's his usual bland commentary, then he's still salty about it. lol,

Brooksey

Reaction score
Gain. Clearly he wants the ball for team game and not personal gain. He's never hinted or acted liked he wanted it for personal gain or complained he wasn't getting the ball enough. But it was clear he had a ton of single coverage and should've been given a chance. He's clearly a difference maker and can change the complex of a game

I agree, he wants to help the team win and when the ball does not come vs single coverage for the 10th time in a row...the alarm bell goes off. ROMO WAKE UP. I mean every third down conversion attempt went to T Williams or Hanna, where was Dez and Witten on 3rd down today? Where the heck was Beasley? What was our 3rd down conversion rate today 20%?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think during the 2nd confrontation, it certainly SEEMED to be for more personal gain. But that's JMO, tho.

silver

Reaction score
We may not lose another game. Dez is tired of losing. This situation may help the team focus and close out games. Hopefully the injured starters come back this week and we can string a bunch of wins in a row

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Dez should be yelling at this damn defense... Errmmmm... Yeah, and offense.. He is fine in what he is doing. Unbelievable today. What a waste... Anyone who thinks this team will do ANYTHING in the playoffs IF they made it, Is high on paint fumes. Championship teams don't lose like this..

I know, I know,, "well , uhhh, it happened last week with the Saints, you hater".. Blah blah blah and.. Blah.. This was a disgusting loss... This one may just sting til next Sunday.. i may have to stay off of this forum until then. LOL.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think during the 2nd confrontation, it certainly SEEMED to be for more personal gain. But that's JMO, tho.

What I mean by personal gain is stat padding. But I think he was just frustrated at the last 2 series and that happened after the TD by Stafford he was clearly sick to his stomach. They had this game in bag.