News: ST: No TO: Romo not worried about Dez rants because he's not selfish or deceitful and is good...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The sad thing is, these become "stories" only because the team is losing. It's non-existent otherwise. Passionate display on the sideline that is focused on is first given an interpretation by the broadcaster and if it happens to be "destructive" according to him, it becomes repetitively reinforced that way until it is made into one, or goes the way of the "dodo". It doesn't hurt to already have a player who has a "troubled" past - legitimate or not - be the participant either.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The sad thing is, these become "stories" only because the team is losing. It's non-existent otherwise. Passionate display on the sideline that is focused on is first given an interpretation by the broadcaster and if it happens to be "destructive" according to him, it becomes repetitively reinforced that way until it is made into one, or goes the way of the "dodo". It doesn't hurt to already have a player who has a "trouble" past - legitimate or not - be the participant either.

Spot on

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I truly believe Romo.
And Dez.
The man wants to win.
Romo wants to win.

I wish we had the answer.
I wish the coaching staff had the answer.

and THAT right there is the problem. they don't know the answer, they don't even know how to begin to find the answer as shown by the constant late game meltdowns

spook930

Reaction score
I want to believe tony but the look on ware's face and how witten was blowing up was not pretty. I really hope it's nothing.

Gameover

Reaction score
Bill Cartwright To MJ: "If you ever disrespect me again I'll break both your legs"

Handle passion the Cartwright way

jordy nelson is the best receiver in the league btw

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I want to believe tony but the look on ware's face and how witten was blowing up was not pretty. I really hope it's nothing.

That's what still concerns me. Ware looked troubled by Dez. Hopefully it doesn't happen again for any reason, though.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Yeah I agree the look in Wares face was he was very concerned and to be honest he swatted Witten's arm down and wasn't happy with Witten either and got Dez attention which was the right way to handle Dez in that situation. Won't be popular but Witten didn't handle it well either. I applaud ware for handling it the right way taking the kid under his wing

mrmojo

Reaction score
And through it all I never saw Garrett go over and take control of the situation at the end of the game or on the sidelines earlier........I'm not sure what authority or respect he has from this team anymore.....

jimmy40

Reaction score
I agree, he wants to help the team win and when the ball does not come vs single coverage for the 10th time in a row...the alarm bell goes off. ROMO WAKE UP. I mean every third down conversion attempt went to T Williams or Hanna, where was Dez and Witten on 3rd down today? Where the heck was Beasley? What was our 3rd down conversion rate today 20%?

single coverage 10 times in a row huh? you must have a live version of the all 22 because I can't see that from the Fox coverage.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

sideon

Reaction score
Yeah I agree the look in Wares face was he was very concerned and to be honest he swatted Witten's arm down and wasn't happy with Witten either and got Dez attention which was the right way to handle Dez in that situation. Won't be popular but Witten didn't handle it well either. I applaud ware for handling it the right way taking the kid under his wing

The look on Ware's face was that of a person who's never had a teammate show that much fury at losing, T.O would be pissed because he didn't get enough touches whereas Dez was pissed because he saw his team headed for another loss. Dez is every Cowboy fan who's sick to death of always choking away wins and being happy with mediocrity, if we were players we would be doing the same thing he did because we're all sick of failure.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I think during the 2nd confrontation, it certainly SEEMED to be for more personal gain. But that's JMO, tho.

Rewatching that second tirade, and doing my best at lip reading, it seemed like Romo was trying to get the offense together and motioned at Dez to come over to where he and Witten were. Dez wasn't moving and was yapping, and Witten pointed toward scoreboard and said, "We need you."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rewatching that second tirade, and doing my best at lip reading, it seemed like Romo was trying to get the offense together and motioned at Dez to come over to where he and Witten were. Dez wasn't moving and was yapping, and Witten pointed toward scoreboard and said, "We need you."

Gotcha.. Then I go back to my original impression of the fact that the supposed best player on the team and team leader didn't have his head in the game. It's just not a good look.

sideon

Reaction score
Gotcha.. Then I go back to my original impression of the fact that the supposed best player on the team and team leader didn't have his head in the game. It's just not a good look.

So you're going on someone's supposed lip reading.

DFWJC

Reaction score
and THAT right there is the problem. they don't know the answer, they don't even know how to begin to find the answer as shown by the constant late game meltdowns

The offense was awesome in the 4th qtr today. The built a 10 pt lead with not much tie left, and that should have been more than enough.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you're going on someone's supposed lip reading.

My original opinion was that his head wasn't in the game. That hadn't changed. But I was open to changing my impression of him being selfish, because the Megatron vs Dez battle wasn't going his way.