News: ST: The Cooper effect. How an unsatisfied Amari Cooper has improved the Cowboys offense

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cooper effect. How an unsatisfied Amari Cooper has improved the Cowboys offense

cooperfalcons2.jpg

WR Amari Cooper has yet to have a breakout game but he has already a huge impact on the Dallas Cowboys. The team is 2-1 and he has made a big difference of QB Dak Prescott, RB Ezekiel Elliott, and the entire offense.

Read Full Story

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez the decoy bad.

Cooper + the first round pick the decoy good.

I hate the idea of spending resources on players that we can't use.

That's why I was one of the handful on here who was happy with LVE over Ridley.

We can actually use LVE. Ridley or any WR is just a waste. I'd rather have a TE .

We don't need to spend a first rounder on a guy to run off coverage. Dak's still a 200 yard passer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez the decoy bad.

Cooper + the first round pick the decoy good.

I hate the idea of spending resources on players that we can't use.

That's why I was one of the handful on here who was happy with LVE over Ridley.

We can actually use LVE. Ridley or any WR is just a waste. I'd rather have a TE .

We don't need to spend a first rounder on a guy to run off coverage. Dak's still a 200 yard passer.

So you would rather them waste a late round pick on a receiver that will have zero impact?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
20ppg vs 21ppg

Huge impact

Plan the parade route.

Third down Conversion %:

Before Cooper = 31%, (29th in the league)

(last three games) 50% (7th in the league)

The impact on Prescott:

His completion percentage before Cooper’s arrival was 62.1. It has been 69.7 since.

His quarterback rating was 87.4 before and is 96.4 after.

He averaged 202.4 passing yards per game before and is at 240.3 after.

His yards per attempt has gone up from 6.9 to 7.3.

And of course, the Cowboys have a 2-1 record.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
So you would rather them waste a late round pick on a receiver that will have zero impact?

I'd rather they use their first round pick on the best player available at that pick, which is what they likely would have done if you follow their draft patterns of the last few years.

You guys have bought hook, line and sinker this lame rationale that it's OK we traded a first for Cooper because we were going to definitely use our first round pick on a WR next year. Despite not having a clue where we would be picking in the first round, what WRs would be in the draft in 2019, etc.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I would rather them acquire WR's anywhere outside the first round because they will never validate having a high end WR with Dak Prescott throwing the football.

Go get an offensive tackle or something that will actually be of use.

But with an offense that allows the defense to dictate play and a QB that lacks arm talent i'm not wasting premium resources on that position.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah this offense was terrible especially if you take the Jags game out of the equation....nice try though.

18 points (if you take out the Jax game) versus 21.

A small increase but 21 points per game still ranks in the bottom 12 or so in football.

So the premise here that Cooper has transformed our offense is a reach at this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah this offense was terrible especially if you take the Jags game out of the equation....nice try though.

The offense is still horrible.

We still can't throw the football. Atlanta is one of the worst defenses in the league and we still got the same ole 200 yard passing day from Dak. He can't expose defenses. Not if he had Julio, Antonio, and Cooper in their prime. He's having a 200 yard day regardless of talent around him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd rather they use their first round pick on the best player available at that pick, which is what they likely would have done if you follow their draft patterns of the last few years.

You guys have bought hook, line and sinker this lame rationale that it's OK we traded a first for Cooper because we were going to definitely use our first round pick on a WR next year. Despite not having a clue where we would be picking in the first round, what WRs would be in the draft in 2019, etc.
So they needed a running back and drafted Zeke to extend Romo's prime. They needed a "war daddy" edge rusher....they draft Taco..they lost Hitchens and had zero faith in Lee staying healthy and they drafted LVE......yeah...why should I assume they would draft a receiver next year? There's no evidence of them drafting for need in the first round lol......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The offense is still horrible.

We still can't throw the football. Atlanta is one of the worst defenses in the league and we still got the same ole 200 yard passing day from Dak. He can't expose defenses. Not if he had Julio, Antonio, and Cooper in their prime. He's having a 200 yard day regardless of talent around him.
It's clear the Cowboys want to control the clock and keep the defense as fresh as possible. This isn't a score 40 points a game offense and it shouldn't be.

kumizi

Reaction score
Are you trying to make a coherent point because I must’ve missed it?

kumizi

Reaction score
It's clear the Cowboys want to control the clock and keep the defense as fresh as possible. This isn't a score 40 points a game offense and it shouldn't be.
Yea. Scoring points is overrated. You should let the rest of the league know.

I swear this fanbase.