News: ST: The Cooper effect. How an unsatisfied Amari Cooper has improved the Cowboys offense

Blackrain

Reaction score
Imagine if We had ANOTHER great receiving weapon like a great TE to go with Cooper. Then add a REAL HC and a keen offensive mind. It would be amazing to see what these players really can do.
I cant help compare how Dak played when he had Romo and Sanchez on the sideline compared to Garrett and Kellen Moore .
and Look at the difference in Goff with with Fisher gone and a fresh offensive mind . Just waiting for them to give Rico some real snaps and targets and watch him make some plays and surprise us .
Heck we had the right Oline coach and guard here to fix the Oline and waited half the season to use them would not surprise me at all to see Rico turn into a weapon if given a real chance

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I cant help compare how Dak played when he had Romo and Sanchez on the sideline compared to Garrett and Kellen Moore .
and Look at the difference in Goff with with Fisher gone and a fresh offensive mind . Just waiting for them to give Rico some real snaps and targets and watch him make some plays and surprise us .
Heck we had the right Oline coach and guard here to fix the Oline and waited half the season to use them would not surprise me at all to see Rico turn into a weapon if given a real chance

Its definitely the coaching. But the biggest difference for Dak between 2016 the last year has been the Oline play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The issue with Rico was mental apparently. Blocking, assignments ect….ect…. Those kinds of things don't get fixed quickly.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The issue with Rico was mental apparently. Blocking, assignments ect….ect…. Those kinds of things don't get fixed quickly.
Agreed but dang I would like to see that guy snatch a ball out of the air like an NBA rebound and run over a safety. It would do my heart good for us to have somebody that would give other teams fits matchup wise

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Third down Conversion %:

Before Cooper = 31%, (29th in the league)

(last three games) 50% (7th in the league)

The impact on Prescott:

His completion percentage before Cooper’s arrival was 62.1. It has been 69.7 since.

His quarterback rating was 87.4 before and is 96.4 after.

He averaged 202.4 passing yards per game before and is at 240.3 after.

His yards per attempt has gone up from 6.9 to 7.3.

And of course, the Cowboys have a 2-1 record.

Also,

Before Cooper trade:
The Cowboys were headed for a losing season with a top 10 draft pick highly likely.

After Cooper trade:
The Cowboys are playing for 1st place in the division and are favored to win the division, earning a playoff birth.

It looks like the Cooper has had a huge impact to me.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
67571434.jpg

Well done.