News: ST: Tyron Smith has found a comfort level at LT, his second season playing the position

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Tyron Smith has made a tremendous jump in terms of his performance last year compared to this year.

I loved the pick in 2011 and even though many started to sour on him I knew all he needed was time and more experience. Remember he was only 20 when drafted him so he still had some growing to do. Both physically and mentally.

This year you can see that growth. You can tell he's stronger and bigger than he was in previous years.

We hit a home run with Smith. I think he deserves All-Pro consideration this year.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
This is good to hear. I'd love to see Waters back for another year next year. It sounds like he's been not just a talent upgrade, but he's had a positive influence on the entire line. I hope those three youngsters to his left are soaking it all up.

Great point. Waters is like having an on the field coach

Manster68

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Tyron Smith is still very young. All are fairly young except Old Man Waters.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What's better is he's playing pretty well but he's not even the best OL. I'm praying we don't lose a starter esp a T. But to end on a happy note we are having a great year along the OL. The zone blocking is looking better including getting to the second level and I've been pleasantly pleased with lineman getting outside even on screens. Heck, even Waters is getting outside some. Big bonus to the line coaches. Kudos on both sides of the ball.