News: ST: Why Jason Witten thinks Cowboys offense will be better with Kellen Moore in charge

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Jason Witten thinks Cowboys offense will be better with Kellen Moore in charge

image.jpg

Former Cowboys tight end and now ESPN analyst Jason Witten is all in on Kellen Moore as offensive coordinator. He thinks the Cowboys offense will take a big step forward under Moore in 2019.

Read Full Story

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Yeah, I think he will do the things that Dak likes to do,” Witten said. “He will do the things they have to do to win. That is the way they have to play. I think they will use the pass to set up the run. Not just the run to set up the pass. I think he will add some nice wrinkles to that offense.”

That's all I ask for.
:thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am wondering if this will include the read option plays, or is that still a no no??
Will dak run more from pocket??
Will dak get rid of the ball quicker??

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am wondering if this will include the read option plays, or is that still a no no??

I think EVERYTHING is on the table with this kid. Especially things Linehan fail to do.......lol

Lets' remember he's trying to prove to other GMs and owners around the league he has what it take to be a damn good OC.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Why Jason Witten thinks Cowboys offense will be better with Kellen Moore in charge

image.jpg

Former Cowboys tight end and now ESPN analyst Jason Witten is all in on Kellen Moore as offensive coordinator. He thinks the Cowboys offense will take a big step forward under Moore in 2019.

Read Full Story

A wrinkle or two in the red zone and goal to goal situations would be a start. We've had a permanent-press offence too long. Hey if the new wrinkles work in the red zone and goal to goal that could easily add 7 points to our dismal 22 point average over 16 games. If we can average 25-27 points on offence with our D, we may have the new permanent press

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Imagine us having both a really good offense and defense. Can Dallas really have both in 2019?

That's the multi-million dollar question, if you ask me. I don't really expect a SB appearance but coming closer would be nice! :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Witten didn’t really add anything specific just a broad stroke of endorsement basically based on his personal experiences playing with Moore.

He didn’t address that it’s going to be the same offense with the same restraints Daks weaknesses present in play calling with the exception he thought they’d set up the run more with the pass.

Does that mean we’ll pass more on 1st down? I’m not really sure. I’d be more curious if he intends to use Daks legs more like we did in Redzone since his passing skills are weak down there.

Or if we’ll expect him to read defenses better audibling at the LOS. Or if Moore will develop some better routes and timing patterns Dak can perfect , especially downfield.

What kinda of plays are we going to call or develop to better highlight Daks skillsets because that’s the real answer with our QB.

I was more hopeful we’d bring an OC up from college who could develop an offense or scheme to better suit Daks skill sets and strengthen his weaknesses. Just changing up the plays in the same offense doesn’t appear to be the solution I’d hoped for. We’ll see.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
They need to be less predictable, keep their stars (Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Zack. Tyron) healthy and get TFred back. If that happens, this team puts up 26-27ppg no sweat.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s good Witten thinks highly of Moore and thinks he will help the Cowboys, but he really didn’t say much in this article. Just generic comments like Moore is smart like people say he is.

Wrinkles to the offense? We don't have any wrinkles.

He didn’t say they have wrinkles, he said Moore will add wrinkles.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I know this premature but If Moore really improves this offense to the point the Cowboys make the NFC championship game what happens when Moore is offered a head coaching position. Does Jerry extend Garrett?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We ran more ROPs last season. The issue was predictable play calling. Not moving the pocket to help the OL with protection.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
By not running the ball on 95% on first downs would be an upgrade. I am not exaggerating! If we had a very consistent and dominant Oline it might work, but with the inconsistency that we had with our line this past year we needed more unpredictablity.