News: ST: Why Jason Witten thinks Cowboys offense will be better with Kellen Moore in charge

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It’s good Witten thinks highly of Moore and thinks he will help the Cowboys, but he really didn’t say much in this article. Just generic comments like Moore is smart like people say he is.

He didn’t say they have wrinkles, he said Moore will add wrinkles.
I know I was jk

conner01

Reaction score
The most important part of the quote: "they will use the pass to set up the run." This is what has been lacking in Linehan's offense. Cant just run the ball on first and second downs and play into the defense's hands. You have to keep them off balance.
I think that is really important
When a defense has to defend the pass on every down it makes running much easier

CPanther95

Reaction score
Passing to set up the run sounds good in theory, but it seems more often than not, their passing just sets up for longer passes on 3rd down.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passing to set up the run sounds good in theory, but it seems more often than not, their passing just sets up for longer passes on 3rd down.

I'm not sure an offense like the Cowboys can just point one way or the other - pass setting up the run or run setting up the pass. At the end of the day the Cowboys depend on balance, and each facet has to support the other. And that really should be an advantage because it provides options. The Cowboys just need to do a better job of taking advantage of those options.

Aven8

Reaction score
Philly Special will seem like child’s play when Dak runs the Statue of Liberty play for the SB win......;)

links18

Reaction score
Because when you are at the bottom there isnt anywhere to go but up?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Imagine us having both a really good offense and defense. Can Dallas really have both in 2019?
What's funny is that at the end of last year our offense came on strong and our defense played the worst game i've ever seen. Looked like our 2013 defense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
“Yeah, I think he will do the things that Dak likes to do,” Witten said. “He will do the things they have to do to win. That is the way they have to play. I think they will use the pass to set up the run. Not just the run to set up the pass. I think he will add some nice wrinkles to that offense.”

That's all I ask for.
:thumbup:
Still begs the question, was Linehan deliberately NOT doing the things they have to do to win, the things Prescott likes to do?

To me,it just sounds like fluff-talk from Witten until I see it.

Alexander

Reaction score
What's funny is that at the end of last year our offense came on strong and our defense played the worst game i've ever seen. Looked like our 2013 defense.
That Rams game was a complete pants-down moment defensively. As great as the Saints game was, that one was just the complete opposite.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That Rams game was a complete pants-down moment defensively. As great as the Saints game was, that one was just the complete opposite.
That was the sad part. We thought the defense would keep us in the game and our offense would be the x factor. Except it was totally flip flopped and our defense looked like a drunk girl at a frat party getting ran thru

Alexander

Reaction score
That was the sad part. We thought the defense would keep us in the game and our offense would be the x factor. Except it was totally flip flopped and our defense looked like a drunk girl at a frat party getting ran thru

How they can go from preparing so well for the top rushing offense in Seattle to getting schooled by the Rams is what is so disturbing.

I can only chalk it up to poor game planning and just a little arrogance. They were focused an awful lot on Goff and forgot about the fat guy who could run it down their throats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still begs the question, was Linehan deliberately NOT doing the things they have to do to win, the things Prescott likes to do?

To me,it just sounds like fluff-talk from Witten until I see it.

I have no issue with anyone being skeptical. After all, we've heard this sort of talk forever. Now is the time of year where everyone turns into a salesman, trying to sell you on the 2019 model Dallas Cowboys.

But my own opinion of Linehan has always been of an arrogant jerk who always thought of himself as the smartest guy in the room, even when he and his offense was getting taken to the woodshed. It was always the players failing to execute his brilliance, rather than any flaws of his own. Let's face it, it's well know that his players with the St Louis Rams hated him and effectively revolted and got rid of him 4 games into a season. Marc Bulger wanted to retire rather than play for him. That speaks to what kind of a "person" he is.

I've wanted Linehan gone for 3 years and now I have my wish. If nothing else, I choose to be optimistic simply based on the fact that it's not him.

And I'm wondering, maybe one of his staunch supporters can chime in here? Who has swooped in to sign up the incredible talent that is Scott Linehan to run their offense?

I'm sure he must have gotten another gig by now, considering how good he is, I'm just wondering where that is?