Stadium Area Restaurants, Hotels, and Parking

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by poke, Aug 30, 2009.

1. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,017 Messages
    8,057 Likes Received
    They are still under construction but all the normal routs are open I drive through there daily The new stuff is being constructed but is not slowing traffic down except for the drivers that like to slow down and look

2. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,017 Messages
    8,057 Likes Received
    I'm adding a new place to eat Los Lupes on 303 or Pioneer pkwy both are the same road in Grand Prairie about 10 miles east of the stadium always loved the place great Mexican food not Tex Mex They have added wild bore goat and deer to their menu and all 3 are great and they are not a high dollar restaurant
    501 W Pioneer Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75051 Oh and PS the Quail there is great also

BillyBates likes this.
  3. BillyBates

BillyBates Well-Known Member

286 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    I cheated the first time to Texas and went with DC Star Sports Tours , we stayed that year at the Gaylord Texan Hotel in Grapevine. If you never been to Texas hands down this Hotel is ridiculously awesome. we where there at Christmas time and the 4 acer court yard was in full seasonal swing. there was a steak house(ferget the name) inside the complex that was to die for
    I absolutely have no association with DC Sports Tours..REALLY.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

11,623 Messages
    10,060 Likes Received
    At at Twisted Root Burger Co today. Mile or two from the stadium. Good food. Would recommend it

TheSkaven likes this.
  5. staubach24

staubach24 Active Member

243 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    With a stadium that holds 100,000+ and a Super Walmart across the street that is probably one of the busiest Wal-Mart's in the US, I think you can pretty much count on a a lot of traffic after the game

6. SoBlue128

SoBlue128 Well-Known Member

808 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received
    Got to check out Texas Live this eve across the street from Globe Life and gotta say it was pretty cool. They have Troys new place, Lockhart’s, Miller Lite Tavern Beer and Garden, Pudge’s Pizza, PBR and Guy Fieri’s Taco Spot. That place is gonna be kicking once everything is finished up. Definitely a must to check out if anyone is in the area for a game.

TheSkaven likes this.
  7. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971 Zone Supporter

3,768 Messages
    6,168 Likes Received
    May head there this weekend before the Cowboys game.

Trouty and SoBlue128 like this.
  8. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,521 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    I'll be there as well for the first time this weekend. I am wondering whether I should go Saturday night or Sunday before the game.

Trouty likes this.
  9. SoBlue128

808 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received

It’s usually hopping in the evenings so I’d try Saturday night and with it being the first home game I’m sure it will be more electric than usual

Trouty and TheSkaven like this.
  10. TheSkaven

5,521 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    Went tonight and it was hoppin’. Definitely a fun time. Will probably go back tomorrow to watch the 12 and 3 o’clock games before walking over to the stadium.

Trouty likes this.
  11. SoBlue128

808 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received

Good to hear you had a good time

Trouty likes this.
  12. Fan4ever

Fan4ever Member

48 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Any Cash parking near the stadium?? I tried to get parking tickets through vivid seats and they wanted 122.00 for ONE parking spot.
    I will be flying in just to watch my cowboys HOPEFULLY beat/get revenge on the Redskins on 11/22.

Any parking suggestions from all you local folks??

13. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

15,726 Messages
    9,199 Likes Received
    Park at a nearby restaurant and take their shuttle for a minimal fee or free if you eat there. J Gillian’s is where we go.
    http://jgilligans.com/

14. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971 Zone Supporter

3,768 Messages
    6,168 Likes Received
    Love their Irish Nachos. Good place to go on non game days as well.

Diehardblues likes this.
  15. TheSkaven

5,521 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    The secret is to go early. If you are willing to hang out at Texas Live or tailgate, for a Sunday night game get there before 2pm. It was only $20 to park before 2.