Stadium Fights

Sully

Reaction score
https://www.cleveland.com/sports/20...lphins-patriots-game-at-gillette-stadium.html

Why people want to go to a sporting event is puzzling. Spending $100+ for a nose bleed ticket. Overpriced food. Over priced parking. Hours to get out of the parking lots afterward. Waiting in lines for restrooms and then the above story of fighting with fans. Sitting in 100+ degree temp for 2 - 3 hours.
(( Over 120 degrees in Tampa/Jacksonville ))
So far, 80+ people have been arrested for fighting in NFL Stadiums. Fan dies from a fist fight.
And it's only week 2.

Toro9

Reaction score
Damn. I had no idea People in Florida were that violent in sporting events.

Sully

Reaction score
Damn. I had no idea People in Florida were that violent in sporting events.
Ahhhh-- no, The person that died was at Foxboro Stadium. And the fighting is all across NFL stadiums

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.cleveland.com/sports/20...lphins-patriots-game-at-gillette-stadium.html

Why people want to go to a sporting event is puzzling. Spending $100+ for a nose bleed ticket. Overpriced food. Over priced parking. Hours to get out of the parking lots afterward. Waiting in lines for restrooms and then the above story of fighting with fans. Sitting in 100+ degree temp for 2 - 3 hours.
(( Over 120 degrees in Tampa/Jacksonville ))

So far, 80+ people have been arrested for fighting in NFL Stadiums. Fan dies from a fist fight.
And it's only week 2.
It’s a real problem at sporting events at all levels. Especially at the pro and collegiate level where alcohol is served.
I don’t have a problem with alcohol being served but the amount of booze some are allowed to drink at a stadium is mind boggling.

I was at the Texas Tech-Oregon game last week and there were two totally drunk and out of control fans making enjoying the game very difficult. One guy was screaming F-bombs constantly with 2 little kids in the row in front of him and the other guy was trying to start a fight with a fan about a “bad call” by the refs.

The worst part of all this is the stadiums at all levels are not providing enough security. The fights that break out at these games are dangerous not only to the participants but even more so to innocent bystanders just there to enjoy the game.

I won’t go to a pro game at AT&T until they get more security visible. My last Cowboys game in person was 2018 and the crowd control before and after the game was non-existent. I was at the Tampa Bay game in Dec 2018 with my 90 year old father in law who was in a wheel chair. Several drunks after the game were pushing their way through the crowd and almost knocked my FIL out of his wheelchair.

If the Cowboys are going to cram 100K fans into that stadium with only a few cops on hand, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I've been to 4 cowboys games at home and the crowd is so chill, any away fans usually just have friendly banter. Whenever I've been to away games with lots of travelling cowboys fans (New Orleans and the stick in SF) it's also been pretty fun with again, mostly fun banter. But whenever I've been to games where it's a way less boys fans (Seattle), then all the tough guys start pushing it.

I remember in 2010 or so walking through the crowd and a Seattle fan shouted some racist stuff in my direction, I walked up to him and he shut right up (I'm 6'3"). But nowadays with two young kids at home I wouldn't bother responding. Not worth it. Some people are just looking for a reason to fight and one wrong punch and your head is smashing into concrete. Not worth it.

stiletto

Reaction score
People are becoming neanderthals again. Slackjawed knuckle dragger's everywhere...

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I remember in 2010 or so walking through the crowd and a Seattle fan shouted some racist stuff in my direction, I walked up to him and he shut right up (I'm 6'3").
Was that the Sean Lee crack-back hit game? I was there. I had no problems, and tailgated on tailgate row and everything. Now, I was also with Seattle fans (my boys live there), but my other boy from AZ was in town wearing a Cardinals shirt, so he took all the smack talk. Lol. I also got a ton of respect for calling out a Cowboys "fan" for turning his jersey inside out before he left.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I’ve been to hundreds of home games and have only personally witnessed two fights. One was a couple of sections over and the other one was outside.

shabazz

Reaction score
I've been to 4 cowboys games at home and the crowd is so chill, any away fans usually just have friendly banter. Whenever I've been to away games with lots of travelling cowboys fans (New Orleans and the stick in SF) it's also been pretty fun with again, mostly fun banter. But whenever I've been to games where it's a way less boys fans (Seattle), then all the tough guys start pushing it.

I remember in 2010 or so walking through the crowd and a Seattle fan shouted some racist stuff in my direction, I walked up to him and he shut right up (I'm 6'3"). But nowadays with two young kids at home I wouldn't bother responding. Not worth it. Some people are just looking for a reason to fight and one wrong punch and your head is smashing into concrete. Not worth it.
the shame of it is that it’s really just a small minority of idiots that are doing it.

of course I can see the national media is already creating the narrative that it’s widespread as if most of the fans are drunken hooligans.

Big_D

Reaction score
I go once a year and even that's turning out to be too much. The Games are much better on TV than they are in person. Too many morons in every stadium around the country. We went to the opener.. sat in the pouring rain and had the biggest buffoon sitting directly behind us and he was a Cowboys fan. It was an annoying 3 hours. Plus sitting through the TV timeouts, lines for the bathroom, lines for food, the parking lot, the prices on everything. .. it gets old quick. When people are actually fighting over a football game, it's time to grow up.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I’ve been to hundreds of home games and have only personally witnessed two fights. One was a couple of sections over and the other one was outside.
The wife and I went to a Reba concert here in NH last year and two females went at it a few rows in front of us. Was fist over hair pulling and it took security a minute to get there. Happens wherever people gather and drink it seems.

GINeric

Reaction score
My thing is this. If you're at a game and you start something with someone, atleast be able to back it up.

I don't feel sorry for people who start **** and then get knocked out and their face stomped. Maybe next time you'll go to the game and just behave yourself.

Lesson learned.

It's always the loudest people who have zero hand game. I love those types.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
The wife and I went to a Reba concert here in NH last year and two females went at it a few rows in front of us. Was fist over hair pulling and it took security a minute to get there. Happens wherever people gather and drink it seems.
Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen my fair share of idiots but I’ve just been lucky that it’s never happened around us. People get drunk and start being annoying taunting each other.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Was that the Sean Lee crack-back hit game? I was there. I had no problems, and tailgated on tailgate row and everything. Now, I was also with Seattle fans (my boys live there), but my other boy from AZ was in town wearing a Cardinals shirt, so he took all the smack talk. Lol. I also got a ton of respect for calling out a Cowboys "fan" for turning his jersey inside out before he left.
I can't remember if it was the Sean Lee hit game, but all I remember was it was in the first few games of Russell Wilsons rookie season and the game was super disappointing. I think a couple special teams fumbles early on put us in a hole that we couldn't climb out of.

The only other time I went to Seattle was the playoff Romo fumble. So I figured I'm the curse and I haven't been back since.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Even some of the home game fans can be obnoxious, but I purposefully don't take my wife to away games in the midwest and east. Don't want to be put in a situation where I have to fight and go to jail because of some drunk idiot.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Ever see pics / scenes of 40’s and 50’s NFL MLB games . Men had suits on no kidding . I think a lot of the problems are juiced up fans . Maybe ban alcohol inside stadiums , may help . Couldn’t hurt .

And leagues owners should be required to have a heavy security element . On and off duty police . Act up you get tossed / banned .

Not too many yrs ago a guy was shot to death in a parking lot outside the Art gallery after a Cowboys game. Arlington not immune .

Last edited: