Stadium Fights

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Was that the Sean Lee crack-back hit game? I was there. I had no problems, and tailgated on tailgate row and everything. Now, I was also with Seattle fans (my boys live there), but my other boy from AZ was in town wearing a Cardinals shirt, so he took all the smack talk. Lol. I also got a ton of respect for calling out a Cowboys "fan" for turning his jersey inside out before he left.
I have never had a problem in Seattle either. In fact, the area around me, we all had pretty good back and forth bantering. Nobody got out of control about it.

erod

Reaction score
This country needs a purge.

We have a huge swath of poorly-raised DNA mutations wandering around serving no purpose.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s a real problem at sporting events at all levels. Especially at the pro and collegiate level where alcohol is served.
I don’t have a problem with alcohol being served but the amount of booze some are allowed to drink at a stadium is mind boggling.

I was at the Texas Tech-Oregon game last week and there were two totally drunk and out of control fans making enjoying the game very difficult. One guy was screaming F-bombs constantly with 2 little kids in the row in front of him and the other guy was trying to start a fight with a fan about a “bad call” by the refs.

The worst part of all this is the stadiums at all levels are not providing enough security. The fights that break out at these games are dangerous not only to the participants but even more so to innocent bystanders just there to enjoy the game.

I won’t go to a pro game at AT&T until they get more security visible. My last Cowboys game in person was 2018 and the crowd control before and after the game was non-existent. I was at the Tampa Bay game in Dec 2018 with my 90 year old father in law who was in a wheel chair. Several drunks after the game were pushing their way through the crowd and almost knocked my FIL out of his wheelchair.

If the Cowboys are going to cram 100K fans into that stadium with only a few cops on hand, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm a little late to this thread, but I will throw this in. It helps to know the ins and outs of how the local authorities fill the security spots for the games and who typically ends up getting the cushy spots inside the stadium. Too many times those spots are going to be filled by officers who are what we call 'retired on duty' and have no desire to get their hands dirty breaking up fights between drunks. They're just there for the money, at least $65 and hour, I believe. The officers that would be more than willing to jump in and break up the fights are normally sent out to crappy positions like controlling traffic at intersections. This isn't very reassuring, is it....