Star Trek Discovery this weekend. On. TV?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought the show was only to be on their online pay service.

However I was looking ahead on my onscreen TV menu and on Sunday night on our local CBS channel from 8:30 to 9:35 pm est is the star trek Discovery show episode titled the Vulcan hello. Set it to record.

Looked it up and it seems they are just showing the first one on TV... Get you to like it I guess and try to get you to buy their online service for the rest.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
dang that sucks
i might watch it but not if i have to pay more than i already spend on entertainment. if i get on hulu or roku that would be cool
wish tv would just go ala carte

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dang that sucks
i might watch it but not if i have to pay more than i already spend on entertainment. if i get on hulu or roku that would be cool
wish tv would just go ala carte

CBS All-Access is an ala-cart channel. You're just buying CBS All-Access. Not CBS, ESPN, Disney, and WBTVN in a big cable package haha.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Embargo lifted Reviews are super positive!

Trying not to over hype myself, but I want in!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen CBS cards, like Netflix cards, somewhere but did not see the price.

Also if they would be like Netflix and have the whole season available to watch at one time... Maybe a card for a week or month would be ok once.

However I imagine they will only do the show week to week

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I seen CBS cards, like Netflix cards, somewhere but did not see the price.

Also if they would be like Netflix and have the whole season available to watch at one time... Maybe a card for a week or month would be ok once.

However I imagine they will only do the show week to week

Just have to wait until the season is over. Buy a month and cancel. At least that's my plan, if I can wait. I love Trek though, even though I have my doubts about this one but I'll definitely watch. Just happy there is another Trek series.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm hoping its good. Didn't like the last few.

Last few as in Enterprise, Voyager, and DS9? For me, only DS9 is subpar. DS9 was literally a soap opera. (actually, the 3rd season of Enterprise (Xindi) was kind of soap opera like too, that it was FAR better than DS9)

I'm guessing your username is based on Sarek the Vulcan ambassador?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Last few as in Enterprise, Voyager, and DS9? For me, only DS9 is subpar. DS9 was literally a soap opera. (actually, the 3rd season of Enterprise (Xindi) was kind of soap opera like too, that it was FAR better than DS9)

I liked the first season of Enterprise w/Archer, then started losing interest, tried to watch it again a few times and i kept losing interest again. I didn't like Voyager when i first saw it but i gave it another try and ended up watching the whole thing. Never liked DS9, never made it more then the first few episodes.

My username story is this.
My cousin introduced me to Everquest back in like 1999/2000. I knew nothing of trolls elves goblins etc, when he was helping build my character i chose a woodelf warrior, and when i saw the pointy ears it reminded me of Vulcans/Spock so when i tried to pick the name Spock the EQ system wouldn't let me use it, so i then tried to enter Sarek and it worked. After a few years playing on the test server i was able to get a server transfer which wasn't allowed at the time from Test to live servers. I transferred to Povar Server and joined a guild called Rising Acsension then that guild had some internal problems and about a 1/3rd of us joined Triton which was considered one of the best guilds in the game server wide. I stopped playing EQ sometime after and when i did i then started joining some message boards and decided to keep the name.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Thought the show was only to be on their online pay service.

However I was looking ahead on my onscreen TV menu and on Sunday night on our local CBS channel from 8:30 to 9:35 pm est is the star trek Discovery show episode titled the Vulcan hello. Set it to record.

Looked it up and it seems they are just showing the first one on TV... Get you to like it I guess and try to get you to buy their online service for the rest.

I thought I read awhile back the first episode or maybe the first couple would be on CBS to get people interested and then only behind their paywall.

CashMan

Reaction score
I thought I read awhile back the first episode or maybe the first couple would be on CBS to get people interested and then only behind their paywall.
I LOVE Star Trek, but I am not going to pay for another service. I already have Comcast, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. Not gonna pay for more.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be multiple ways to stream the show for free

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Couldn't stand DS90210 or Enterprise. Stargate and Quantum Leap? Really?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Couldn't stand DS90210 or Enterprise. Stargate and Quantum Leap? Really?

I like Enterprise. It's definitely different, but more the same than DS9. Really, only the DS9 episodes that had the Defiant were good. (is a ship required for these not to suck? hah Holodeck episodes always sucked too!)

I went ahead and got CBS All-Access for this. If it sucks, I will just turn it off.

I'm just afraid CBS pulls all Star Trek from Netflix. They've already refused to allow Discovery to be on Netflix.

EDIT: Oh btw. The main title sequence (intro) for Discovery is AWFUL. Most have great music and stuff, this one sucks really bad. :( Well, I never watch it anyhow. I just fast-forward to the episode.)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are setting the DVR for this one... Better record show the comes on after as football ran late.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Enterprise. It's definitely different, but more the same than DS9. Really, only the DS9 episodes that had the Defiant were good. (is a ship required for these not to suck? hah Holodeck episodes always sucked too!)

I went ahead and got CBS All-Access for this. If it sucks, I will just turn it off.

I'm just afraid CBS pulls all Star Trek from Netflix. They've already refused to allow Discovery to be on Netflix.

EDIT: Oh btw. The main title sequence (intro) for Discovery is AWFUL. Most have great music and stuff, this one sucks really bad. :( Well, I never watch it anyhow. I just fast-forward to the episode.)

Are they going to do episodes once a week or are they going to be like Netflix and make the whole season available to watch.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Are they going to do episodes once a week or are they going to be like Netflix and make the whole season available to watch.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a weekly thing. Netflix is a completely different anomoly. Business wise, doing weekly keeps subscribers. Releasing an entire season at once keeps binge watchers a month instead of 6-9 months.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's 8:38 and idiots are still talking about ****** bags rather than showing the most important TV in the world right now. Star Trek.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Or just download from a torrent site like me for free.