hv8gqryer7vridti6ic3.jpg

Link to Article

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All Good Things...

I wonder if the show will enjoy any guest stars from the original ST:TNG cast?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I worry that it will be awful. Maybe they'll surprise me and come up with some good stories.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're *****ing because they are bald? lol
lol Sam. No. Not the bald characters but the presence of baldness in the distant medically advanced future. It is like Rogaine research peaked in the early 21st century. :laugh:

Heck. How many times has any of the various series' ship doctor cured some unknown deadly disease? Yet, baldness is still kicking it. It is not as much as being a big deal as it is something completely unreasonable to assume still exists.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I worry that it will be awful. Maybe they'll surprise me and come up with some good stories.
I'm an enormous Star Trek fan and I'm not worried about it being bad at all.

It's going to be good or it's not. If it's bad, I likely won't watch it so much. I'm of the opinion that it's not that important and people who get all crazy because something doesn't meet their expectations really need to find something more important to them to invest so much energy into it. There are several Star Trek's that aren't that good and obviously people have opinions about all the non-original Star Trek movies. The constant hate (over the course of years) on Jar Jar Binks was unbearable to listen to.

Will I be unhappy that it isn't good? Yeah, hell. I was very unhappy about season eight of GoT. I'm over it though. The great thing about Picard is it won't be the last Star Trek. We've got four other new Star Treks coming besides Picard!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol Sam. No. Not the bald characters but the presence of baldness in the distant medically advanced future. It is like Rogaine research peaked in the early 21st century. :laugh:

Heck. How many times has any of the various series' ship doctor cured some unknown deadly disease? Yet, baldness is still kicking it. It is not as much as being a big deal as it is something completely unreasonable to assume still exists.

The doctor was made to look like his creator. That guy was bald because karma. He's a jerk and deserved it!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yes, I'm laughing because they were bald. Why is laughing blocked out in your post? Keep in my I've been bald for 20 years. I find it amusing. Doesn't bother me, but it does make me laugh.
That doesn't say laughing. :D

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm an enormous Star Trek fan and I'm not worried about it being bad at all.

It's going to be good or it's not. If it's bad, I likely won't watch it so much. I'm of the opinion that it's not that important and people who get all crazy because something doesn't meet their expectations really need to find something more important to them to invest so much energy into it. There are several Star Trek's that aren't that good and obviously people have opinions about all the non-original Star Trek movies. The constant hate (over the course of years) on Jar Jar Binks was unbearable to listen to.

Will I be unhappy that it isn't good? Yeah, hell. I was very unhappy about season eight of GoT. I'm over it though. The great thing about Picard is it won't be the last Star Trek. We've got four other new Star Treks coming besides Picard!

They've disappointed me a ton lately with bad Trek. IMO the reboot movies are abysmal. Then Discovery season 1 was equally bad. I do, however, think Discovery got significantly better in season 2, specifically with the character of Saru. They started doing some good things, so maybe there's hope. On the bright side, I think The Orville Star Trek knock-off was outstanding. So maybe the new Picard show can be good. We'll see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They've disappointed me a ton lately with bad Trek. IMO the reboot movies are abysmal. Then Discovery season 1 was equally bad. I do, however, think Discovery got significantly better in season 2, specifically with the character of Saru. They started doing some good things, so maybe there's hope. On the bright side, I think The Orville Star Trek knock-off was outstanding. So maybe the new Picard show can be good. We'll see.
Orville is pretty good, as long as you understand that none of it is meant to be taken seriously.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Shame it's going to be for streaming only. I'm not paying for another source of entertainment.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

What exactly was wrong with the reboots? Heck, Discovery too? I've liked them both. At best I had some issues with the later movies prior to the reboot. That said, I will still watch them and do not hate them at all.

I would recommend not applying expectations to show / movies coming out. Then, take them for what they are. That I believe is the very reason I was so sorely disappointed in GoT season eight. I expected the greatness that made the books so great, but clearly. Writers not named GRRM suck at GoT writing.