Star Trek: Picard

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Shame it's going to be for streaming only. I'm not paying for another source of entertainment.
Get rid of all paid TV and only get CBS All-Access :)

I pay what $12 for Netflix and that's it right now. I pay for CBS when Star Trek is on and paid for HBO while GoT was on. After that, that's it.

I have Amazon Prime, but not for the TV.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What exactly was wrong with the reboots? Heck, Discovery too? I've liked them both. At best I had some issues with the later movies prior to the reboot. That said, I will still watch them and do not hate them at all.

I would recommend not applying expectations to show / movies coming out. Then, take them for what they are. That I believe is the very reason I was so sorely disappointed in GoT season eight. I expected the greatness that made the books so great, but clearly. Writers not named GRRM suck at GoT writing.

Where to even begin with the reboots? Suffice it to say I found them to be a mess of bad writing. It was so disjointed and ridiculous that it doesn't even qualify as science fiction the way previous Trek did. But the root of their mess is bad writing -- stories that just aren't any good, and then no shoot'em up scenes or special effects can make up for that.

Hardline

Reaction score
giphy.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
So instead of Picard's catch line "Make it so", it will become "Make it Sauvignon Blanc"? o_O
Make it Viognier! :)

While I do drink Savignon Blanc. It's probably my least favorite of the normally dry varietal. Viognier and a good Chenin Blanc are my favorite whites.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Make it Viognier! :)

While I do drink Savignon Blanc. It's probably my least favorite of the normally dry varietal. Viognier and a good Chenin Blanc are my favorite whites.
It had to start with an "S" to make it close to his original catch phrase and didn't think many would catch it if I said "Make It Sancerre"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The doctor was made to look like his creator. That guy was bald because karma. He's a jerk and deserved it!
Not sure how I feel about this comment...but I'm just gonna assume you meant because he doesn't have the right head shape, to show off his skull. :grin: