Star-Trek

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'm by no means a sci-fi person, and I make fun of DallasEast all the time for being a damn trekkie, but that movie looks like it's going to be awesome

can't get over Harold being in the movie, but regardless, the previews are cool for this movie

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It has a 93% on rotten tomatoes with over 100 reviews counted.

That's absurdly high for this type of movie. It has to be good, like genre-defining good.

kmp77

Reaction score
I can't wait! Taking off a little early tomorrow to go check it out :) Good reviews so far so hopefully it'll be good.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2766835 said:
can't get over Harold being in the movie, but regardless, the previews are cool for this movie

Well, with Kumar going to work at the White House he had to get a new series anyway.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Even better my new Boss is taking most are group for lunch tomorrow

:nana::nana:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
pretty damn good just got back from an employee showing, alot of details were paid attention to. very good id give it an A

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theogt;2766856 said:

That's absurdly high for this type of movie. It has to be good, like genre-defining good.

I disagree...but maybe I simply don't know what classifies as "good" anymore.

The movie had a strong beginning but faded towards the end, in my opinion.

It was certainly entertaining, but it lampooned any sense of series continuity by invoking the ol' parallel universe ruse.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Got home a little bit ago from seeing it. I've been a trekker since I was a little kid.

All I can say is wow wow wow WOW WOW WOW!!! Everyone must see this movie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
the kid 05;2767215 said:
pretty damn good just got back from an employee showing, alot of details were paid attention to. very good id give it an A

Employee showing? Not much advance since it started showing before that. I was surprised that I was underwhelmed by the movie. I'm not sure why. The fact that there were only about 15 people in the theater didn't help the atmosphere much. That and the speakers sucked when things got loud. The only thing I can really stick my finger on is that the music didn't seem to fit what was happening on screen very well so I didn't get too sucked in...so yeah, I blame the music.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've been a Star Trek fan since around 1980. Though the only series that I really liked was the original and TNG. I did watch Voyager some, but since around 2000, I just don't watch many TV series anymore. I haven't seen all the movies, but I will see this one.
theogt;2766856 said:

I would have though Star Trek had already defined a genre. :)
ScipioCowboy;2767294 said:
I disagree...but maybe I simply don't know what classifies as "good" anymore.

The movie had a strong beginning but faded towards the end, in my opinion.

It was certainly entertaining, but it lampooned any sense of series continuity by invoking the ol' parallel universe ruse.
You sound like a trekkie. From everything I've heard, trekkies are the ones that are most critical of the movie.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Can't wait.

star_trek_03_1024.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I know it's supposed to be a reboot of the genre but from what I have seen in trailers Gene Rodenberry is turning over in his grave over this movie. It is nothing close to what he created. Well except for Kirk bedding every female he comes across. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind wished they would have did one with the crew from Star Trek enterprise...a rated R one so we could see more T'pal and somehow work it in so Seven of Nine winds up on the ship getting Vulcan pressure treatments from T'Pal.:D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2767678 said:
Kind wished they would have did one with the crew from Star Trek enterprise...a rated R one so we could see more T'pal and somehow work it in so Seven of Nine winds up on the ship getting Vulcan pressure treatments from T'Pal.:D

PERV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2767596 said:
The genre's pretty much been dead for years.

Then it would have been a rebirth. Like those idiot bell bottoms almost came back in vogue about two years ago. :ralph:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;2767742 said:
Then it would have been a rebirth. Like those idiot bell bottoms almost came back in vogue about two years ago. :ralph:
Okay, let's settle on "re-defining."

Rogah

Reaction score
I have seen some Star Trek episodes and movies and I enjoy them well enough but I am certainly not, like, one of the obsessive fans who will have a conniption if Kirk says something in the movie that contradicts something he said in Original Series Episode 36, Scene 3 or anything along those lines... having said that...

I saw the movie, I enjoyed it, it wasn't perfect but well worth the price of admission. A casual action movie fan would enjoy this film and I recommend it for anyone looking for 2 hours worth of sci-fi eye candy with an enjoyable storyline. I have no idea if a super-duper Star Trek megafan would or wouldn't enjoy it.