Star Wars Episode III Reveng of the sith

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
This was a really good movie. out of the newer ones this is the best its a lot darker as the reviews say. For a movie 2.5 hours long it really doesn't seem like it. Worth seeing it really ties up the entire series very nicely.

I think it'd be cool to totally re-make Star Wars IV, V, and VI with the techonolgy we have now it would make a big difference.....

Side note while watching the Movie today I always sit way up top as far back as possible. (I don't like having people behind me) anyway with about 15minutes left I notice a red light on down near the front row. It was a someone taping the movie. When the movie ended I noticed them remove it from their head and slip it under her hair in the back Yes a woman. It appeared to be Like a phone head set with a small Camera on the top and a MIC on the side. anyway I Follow her with my eyes cuse I want to see what she looks like wondering what someone who would do something like this looks like as she leaves the Auditorium To my surprise she was in a business\church like suit for women and she appeared to be around 50yrs old; which really surprised me. When we got outside I noticed she had totally removed it and placed it in her purse.

Question:

Anakin was supposed to get rid of the sith and bring peace to the Empire; which was the Phrophicy that Q jin mentioned in Episode I. How do you think he did? :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Question:

Anakin was supposed to get rid of the sith and bring peace to the Empire; which was the Phrophicy that Q jin mentioned in Episode I. How do you think he did? :rolleyes:
As Yoda stated in Episode III, the prophecy could have been misread. And it was.

Anakin did destroy the Sith... only he did so years later during Episode VI when he threw the Emperor down into the Death Star's reactor core. ;)

jksmith269

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
As Yoda stated in Episode III, the prophecy could have been misread. And it was.

Anakin did destroy the Sith... only he did so years later during Episode VI when he threw the Emperor down into the Death Star's reactor core. ;)
and died himself he was the last...Good I didn't know how many others figured that out. He did fuffill his destiny.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
spock.gif

jksmith269

Reaction score
They are planning on another Trek Movie with the Next Gen crew again.

28th February 2005: Movie News: Star Trek XI:
Star Trek XI movie news

News Item Posted by: Gary Gray

I don't know about you, but I thought the Star Trek franchise had went the way of the dodo. But no, it seems that producer Rick Berman doesn't seem to think so as along with Jordan Kerner and Kery McCluggage they have signed up writer Erik Jendresen to work on a script for the 11th Trek movie.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Spock could kick Darth Vader's ***.

~~hides while the nerd war commences~~

:p:

I'll wait until the theaters get a little less crowded before going to see Episode III. Although a buddy of mine saw the noon showing the first day it was out and told me only 20-30 people were in the theater. Go figure.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

Star Trek XI movie news

I don't know about you, but I thought the Star Trek franchise had went the way of the dodo. But no, it seems that producer Rick Berman doesn't seem to think so as along with Jordan Kerner and Kery McCluggage they have signed up writer Erik Jendresen to work on a script for the 11th Trek movie.

The franchise is waning and there is not so much as a plan for a new series - something that hasn't happened in over a decade.

I used to be a fan of Trek, but that died off around my high school years (I discovered that Girls>Picard). The franchise has had its highs, but it is about time to let it go.....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We went to see it yesterday and I thought it kicked arse. Hayden's acting hasn't improved so that was a little dissapointing but overall it was great.

And Vader would so kick Spock's arse *taking off my TB dork glasses*

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've seen it twice. The first time, I didn't like it at all but I thought it might have been that I was sitting too close and couldn't see very well. The second time I didn't like it very much either. I thought they really tried too hard to tie it in with the next movie. For instance, Chewbacca being in it was cheesy and unnecessary.

As bad as Hayden's acting was, Portman's was twice as bad. The scene's with the two of them were painful.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:

Star Trek XI movie news

Berman has got to stop this madness, but the power of the almighty buck is too powerful. :mad: Patrick Stewart, Michael Dorn and Levar Burton have aged well. They can still physically carry everyone's imagination.

Both Jonathan Franks and Martina Sirtis have got to hang it up! DeForest Kelley (bless his soul) aged better than those two. They both made me ill seeing them guest star in the Enterprise finale. :puke: Sadder still is that Sirtis used to be a fox. :(

Gates McFadden? I love her, but she never really had any acting skills. :rolleyes:

And after Nemesis, I would not look forward to finding out how Brent Spiner will reprise his role. Leonard Nimoy has already been there and done that in Star Trek III.

* Sigh * Why, oh WHY can't Berman put DS9 on the big screen??? :banghead:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I think it'd be cool to totally re-make Star Wars IV, V, and VI with the techonolgy we have now it would make a big difference.....

You have got to be kidding me! Please tell me you're joking???

The grotesque overuse of technology is what has robbed these newer movies of all of their magic and charm. As I re-watch the old movies, I can't believe that the same person made the train-wrecks that Episodes I and II were.

It's sad to see such a great concept dragged through the mud the way it has been with these cinematic disasters. As far as I'm concerned, there are only three Star Wars movies.

With the changes Lucas has already made to the earlier movies in the DVD releases, he has made them worse.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Danny White said:
You have got to be kidding me! Please tell me you're joking???

The grotesque overuse of technology is what has robbed these newer movies of all of their magic and charm. As I re-watch the old movies, I can't believe that the same person made the train-wrecks that Episodes I and II were.

It's sad to see such a great concept dragged through the mud the way it has been with these cinematic disasters. As far as I'm concerned, there are only three Star Wars movies.

With the changes Lucas has already made to the earlier movies in the DVD releases, he has made them worse.
I think thats harsh but hey its your opinion which is cool. I admit the first one was fairly lame but the second one IMO was great I loved the clones and Yoda. The third I think ties everything up rather nicely. It could have been longer and not as rushed but it was still very good. I love the way the ships looked in this one.....Hey I loved SW when it first came out and is still in my top 5 of all time. But man I'd love to see someone like

Johnny Depp play Han
Orlando Bloom Luke and
Keira Knightley as leia

Wait their in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Still you get the point...I think someday it will prob be remade.....Its all about the Money....

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
We went to see it yesterday and I thought it kicked arse. Hayden's acting hasn't improved so that was a little dissapointing but overall it was great.

And Vader would so kick Spock's arse *taking off my TB dork glasses*

oh PLEASE... Spock would b-slap the Star Wars dorks... Triumph agrees... and who are YOU to question his greatness...

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TB, I'll take Vader. Darth would take advantage of Spock's analyzation of Vader's psychie. It'd be over quick.

"Hmm...this one sounds like James Earl Jones with the mask on and a whiny brat with it off...this isn't logical!"

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I think thats harsh but hey its your opinion which is cool. I admit the first one was fairly lame but the second one IMO was great I loved the clones and Yoda. The third I think ties everything up rather nicely. It could have been longer and not as rushed but it was still very good. I love the way the ships looked in this one.....Hey I loved SW when it first came out and is still in my top 5 of all time. But man I'd love to see someone like

Johnny Depp play Han
Orlando Bloom Luke and
Keira Knightley as leia

Wait their in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Still you get the point...I think someday it will prob be remade.....Its all about the Money....

Sorry, wasn't meant as an attack against you.

I've just been really disappointed with these new movies. Obviously someone likes them or they wouldn't be making the money they are. :)

jksmith269

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Sorry, wasn't meant as an attack against you.

I've just been really disappointed with these new movies. Obviously someone likes them or they wouldn't be making the money they are. :)
I didn't take it like that I meant it was harsh critisim of the movies. Here in Richmond there was a woman who wrote in to the radio station to ask what she should do about her boyfriend he went and saw SWIII 3 times this weekend. Now that is outreagous 3 times. I saw it once liked the movie but will wait to see it again on DVD. What was worse is her talking about it to the radio station she thinks he has issues or is as was put "star wars geek" and she can't decide for her self what to do.....HHHMMM makes you wonder what offspring of theirs would be like.....

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I believe it was HORRIBLE casting( and Jar Jar ) that ruined I, II, and III. I can't think of many people in these last 3 films that shouldn't have been played by someone else. Ewan McGregor was ok as Obi-Wan and Liam Neeson was a good Qui-Gon Jinn but that's about it. In comparison, Harrison Ford as Han Solo was one of the best cast characters of the last 40 years. Granted, Luke might have been better but you know what I'm saying.

You would think after the horror show that was Ewoks, Lucas would have learned that the cutsie stuff didn't work. Yet he still put Jar Jar in all three of these episodes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast said:
Berman has got to stop this madness, but the power of the almighty buck is too powerful. :mad: Patrick Stewart, Michael Dorn and Levar Burton have aged well. They can still physically carry everyone's imagination.

Both Jonathan Franks and Martina Sirtis have got to hang it up! DeForest Kelley (bless his soul) aged better than those two. They both made me ill seeing them guest star in the Enterprise finale. :puke: Sadder still is that Sirtis used to be a fox. :(

Gates McFadden? I love her, but she never really had any acting skills. :rolleyes:

And after Nemesis, I would not look forward to finding out how Brent Spiner will reprise his role. Leonard Nimoy has already been there and done that in Star Trek III.

* Sigh * Why, oh WHY can't Berman put DS9 on the big screen??? :banghead:

Spiners possible roll in the new movie should not be to hard, because if you remember the sirius he was around when Stewart was and the rest of the crew were older people...which made the ending to that last movie kind of questionable to me.

DS9 movie? I kind of liked the Voyager series better.
There were only a 3 of characters I even liked on DS9...The morphing guy, the bar owner and the one guy who used to be a bad guy but turned kind of good.

The rest of them were IMO the weakest cast of star trek people I had scene...until that last show came on Enterprise...I watched on episode and did not watch another lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
I believe it was HORRIBLE casting( and Jar Jar ) that ruined I, II, and III. I can't think of many people in these last 3 films that shouldn't have been played by someone else. Ewan McGregor was ok as Obi-Wan and Liam Neeson was a good Qui-Gon Jinn but that's about it. In comparison, Harrison Ford as Han Solo was one of the best cast characters of the last 40 years. Granted, Luke might have been better but you know what I'm saying.

You would think after the horror show that was Ewoks, Lucas would have learned that the cutsie stuff didn't work. Yet he still put Jar Jar in all three of these episodes.

Agreed...the casting, besides those you mentioned, were pretty bad....agree on the Jar Jar binks thing.

And to be honest I liked the original puppet yoda better, this new one is just funny looking....and that fight scene where he was flipping around everywhere, while before and afterhand he could barely walk....that was just hysterical.