Star Wars Episode III Reveng of the sith

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Spiners possible roll in the new movie should not be to hard, because if you remember the sirius he was around when Stewart was and the rest of the crew were older people...which made the ending to that last movie kind of questionable to me.

DS9 movie? I kind of liked the Voyager series better.
There were only a 3 of characters I even liked on DS9...The morphing guy, the bar owner and the one guy who used to be a bad guy but turned kind of good.

The rest of them were IMO the weakest cast of star trek people I had scene...until that last show came on Enterprise...I watched on episode and did not watch another lol.
No, I would still have a problem with Spiner's 'new' Data. In Nemesis, Picard's clone planted an earlier copy of Dr. Soun's (don't ask me to spell that name! :) ) android for the Enterprise crew to discover, reconstruct and eventual spy on the crew for them. So, this earlier copy would take Data's place... after he was re-programmed.

Therein lies the problem. In the ST:TNG storyline, it took Data decades of learning how to interact with humans/other species--along with attending Starfleet Academy--before he even rose to the rank of lieutenient commander. If Spiner reprises his role, they would have to invent a way for the new Data to become the old Data--which is highly unlikely since the old Data was blown to bits in Nemesis.

I can't believe that you didn't mention Avery Brooks' role of Captain Benjamin Sisko on DS9! Or his arch enemy, the Cardassin (I've forgotten his name). ;)

But I do have to admit that any Voyager movie would definitely have the eye candy to draw in movie fans...

SevenOfNineJeriRyan.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast said:
No, I would still have a problem with Spiner's 'new' Data. In Nemesis, Picard's clone planted an earlier copy of Dr. Soun's (don't ask me to spell that name! :) ) android for the Enterprise crew to discover, reconstruct and eventual spy on the crew for them. So, this earlier copy would take Data's place... after he was re-programmed.

Therein lies the problem. In the ST:TNG storyline, it took Data decades of learning how to interact with humans/other species--along with attending Starfleet Academy--before he even rose to the rank of lieutenient commander. If Spiner reprises his role, they would have to invent a way for the new Data to become the old Data--which is highly unlikely since the old Data was blown to bits in Nemesis.

I can't believe that you didn't mention Avery Brooks' role of Captain Benjamin Sisko on DS9! Or his arch enemy, the Cardassin (I've forgotten his name). ;)

But I do have to admit that any Voyager movie would definitely have the eye candy to draw in movie fans...

SevenOfNineJeriRyan.jpg

I actually hated the character played by brooks. I think he is a good actor and he seemed to do a good role with what he had, but the whole characted just didn't work for me, nor did the Dr or the other officers. THe cardassin bad guys were ok, but much better IMo when they had Picard. One of the guys I did like was the cardassian that lived on the ship that had kind of turned and helped them from time to time.

What I am saying about DATA is that they screwed it up in that movie IF Data is really dead.

Because at the end of the STNG series DATA was still around and was a Professor while the rest of the Crew were much much older. Remember the show where Picard was switching around in time and Will was a commander...data was there and retired as an officer.....so at one point and time DATA was still around.

Where they screwed up was killing data in the way they did in this last movie.

I would imagine there will be some silly way where they will make it work later....or they will just use the brother one....it may make for some comedic moments.

Who knows.

Oh....and SEVEN ....resistance is futile lol.

WOW...taking geek glasses off lol.

BTW....did anyone watch the first season of the new Battlestar Galatica show.

Hard for me to get into it because the original actors were still in my mind....but it turned into a pretty decent show as they changed some things.

k19

Reaction score
I was wondering it if was a show or just the mini series run over and over and over. I'm a child of the original so I didn't like the mini series from what I saw of it and couldnt really get into the weekly deal either.

On a related note I am getting the original soon :D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I watched several of them. I liked it a lot.

It was definitely tough to get used to Boomer and Starbuck being girls, but they do it pretty well. Not to mention, the new Boomer is way hot!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
k19 said:
I was wondering it if was a show or just the mini series run over and over and over. I'm a child of the original so I didn't like the mini series from what I saw of it and couldnt really get into the weekly deal either.

On a related note I am getting the original soon :D

I could not finish the mini-series movie.

But started watching the series after it started out of boredom....turned out pretty good but it will never be as good as the original.

One thing I did like about it was the idea that they did not go for the cute/cuddly factor with the boy and the robot pet in the new one.

Also that chick that plays the human/cylon is pretty hot.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
I watched several of them. I liked it a lot.

It was definitely tough to get used to Boomer and Starbuck being girls, but they do it pretty well. Not to mention, the new Boomer is way hot!

Yes the boomer girl is hot and so is that other cylon woman.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I saw Sith on the weekend and loved it. Sure it dragged a little in the middle but nothing like Lord of the Rings did, now that was painful.

Natalie Portman is sure hot ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:

Hard for me to get into it because the original actors were still in my mind....but it turned into a pretty decent show as they changed some things.
Are you kidding? Haven't you been paying attention to my avatar for the past couple of months. ;)

The dramatic acting and plots are better than the original series, imo. Casting Olmos as Adama was brilliant.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast said:
Are you kidding? Haven't you been paying attention to my avatar for the past couple of months. ;)

The dramatic acting and plots are better than the original series, imo. Casting Olmos as Adama was brilliant.

LOL....You know I have seen your avatar but just thought it was some logo for something. :banghead: