Starforts

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They can be found in over 37 countries — America, South Africa, Japan, and Germany, to mention just a few. Although the star-shaped forts are dispersed worldwide and were built over centuries, the architectural features are so similar that they appear as if they could have been designed by a single engineer. As visually pleasing as the forts are, however, much of their structure is out of sight. Approximately 50% of the star forts’ structures are underground, and many times they include mazes of tunnels.

A star fort is also known as a “bastion fort” or trace italienne. It is a fortification in a style that evolved during the age of gunpowder when the canon came to dominate the battlefield in the mid-15th century in Italy.

I like the way they look. Has anyone else looked into these, or been to any?

iu

iu

iu

iu

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There are also theories about starforts, erased history, Tartaria, mudfloods, and lots of rabbit holes to go down

37 countries with 100's of starforts. They have a very technical design, build, and skill needed to craft them. Was there world wide cooperation in building them? They are massive structures that would have taken lots of time to build. It makes you wonder

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It's all about interlocking fields of fire and deflecting incoming cannonballs. An elegant design.

it is amazing. This is palmonova star city

iu

The bastion points and glacis walls are an estimated 45 ft. high. This would even make it impregnable to modern tanks and armored vehicles, let alone 16th century cavalry and infantry. I copied this off a website and it is someones opinion, not what I came up with

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
it is amazing. This is palmonova star city

iu

The bastion points and glacis walls are an estimated 45 ft. high. This would even make it impregnable to modern tanks and armored vehicles, let alone 16th century cavalry and infantry. I copied this off a website and it is someones opinion, not what I came up with

The base of the Statue of Liberty is a Star Fort.. And i disagree about modern tanks and armored vehicles, they would make short work of a Star Fort.
Liberty-Island-photo-D-Ramey-Logan.jpg

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The base of the Statue of Liberty is a Star Fort.. And i disagree about modern tanks and armored vehicles, they would make short work of a Star Fort.
Liberty-Island-photo-D-Ramey-Logan.jpg

There are quite a few in the U.S. Another aspect that is interesting is that there is a lot of research and theories about the way the starforts are built and them generating energy and frequencies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are also theories about starforts, erased history, Tartaria, mudfloods, and lots of rabbit holes to go down

37 countries with 100's of starforts. They have a very technical design, build, and skill needed to craft them. Was there world wide cooperation in building them? They are massive structures that would have taken lots of time to build. It makes you wonder
No, I was already wondering. There are just too many drawings from all over the world and too similar in design by peoples that would have never encountered each other, too many unexplained constructions by design and the scope of building them for this to have all been done by just human beings, they had help.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No, I was already wondering. There are just too many drawings from all over the world and too similar in design by peoples that would have never encountered each other, too many unexplained constructions by design and the scope of building them for this to have all been done by just human beings, they had help.

I think human beings built them, but it does indicate cooperation in technology, design, and building skill used over a large part of the world. Technology is developed then either leaked or copied, and to copy you have to have the skill and means to build them.

If they are built for cannon and gunpowder type battle, then there should be a history of the warfare, seige, battles and so on. If they started in the 15th century, when were the ones in Americas built. What battles were fought there, what strategies used, what enemy was attacking

Were the ones in America used in battle?

http://starforts.com/moatnotes.html

pretty good site

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Great design.
It spread worldwide out of Italy in the very early 1500s.

yea, but a question i have is why are they not written about, talked about, in movies.

We get warfare battles, strategy, history from all other eras going back to swords. You have a massive number of these that are still in existence, and all over the world. To me that entails a large amout of battles that required this certain type of defense and technology. If there are still this many around, how many were destroyed in warfare? If it was for cannons, you are talking about world wide cannon battles on such an extreme that these needed to be built and copied. Thinking about the movement of all those cannons and armies is kind of cool.

Where are the movies and documentaries portraying massive starfort, cannon, and ship battles. I want to see those

It is like the megalithic stone structures and buildings all over the world
iu

besides how these were built, what enemy was attacking, who was defending, and what did the warfare look like

Starforts and Megalithic structures are two forms of world wide technology and buildings, that are cool to think about.

Pyarmids are world wide too, and if it true, there are massive ones under water near portugal being discovered

Portuguese news reported the discovery of a very large under water pyramid first discovered by Diocleciano Silva between the islands of São Miguel and Terceira in the Azores of Portugal. According to claims, the structure is said to be perfectly squared and oriented by the cardinal points. Current estimates obtained using GPS digital technology put the height at 60 meters with a base of 8000 square meters. The Portuguese Hydrographic Institute of the Navy currently has the job of analyzing the data to determine whether or not the structure is man-made. “The pyramid is perfectly shaped and apparently oriented by the cardinal points,” Silva told Diário Insular, the local newspaper.

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
yea, but a question i have is why are they not written about, talked about, in movies.

We get warfare battles, strategy, history from all other eras going back to swords. You have a massive number of these that are still in existence, and all over the world. To me that entails a large amout of battles that required this certain type of defense and technology. If there are still this many around, how many were destroyed in warfare? If it was for cannons, you are talking about world wide cannon battles on such an extreme that these needed to be built and copied. Thinking about the movement of all those cannons and armies is kind of cool.

Where are the movies and documentaries portraying massive starfort, cannon, and ship battles. I want to see those

It is like the megalithic stone structures and buildings all over the world
iu

besides how these were built, what enemy was attacking, who was defending, and what did the warfare look like

Starforts and Megalithic structures are two forms of world wide technology and buildings, that are cool to think about.

Pyarmids are world wide too, and if it true, there are massive ones under water near portugal being discovered

Portuguese news reported the discovery of a very large under water pyramid first discovered by Diocleciano Silva between the islands of São Miguel and Terceira in the Azores of Portugal. According to claims, the structure is said to be perfectly squared and oriented by the cardinal points. Current estimates obtained using GPS digital technology put the height at 60 meters with a base of 8000 square meters. The Portuguese Hydrographic Institute of the Navy currently has the job of analyzing the data to determine whether or not the structure is man-made. “The pyramid is perfectly shaped and apparently oriented by the cardinal points,” Silva told Diário Insular, the local newspape.

You can look back at your country’s own history book. These were very heavily involved in the Civil War with the north and the south attacking each other on the coast lines.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You can look back at your country’s own history book. These were very heavily involved in the Civil War with the north and the south attacking each other on the coast lines.

Any available fortifications will be used in war. But did they build them for warfare during the civil war. Using is one thing, building is another.

I have listened to people talk about starforts, but I have not researched this as fact for myself, but the wording used when regarding these by smithsonian or organizations like that is very particular. They don't say when they are built and by who, but mention upgrades. Some of them have been built on older foundations. I might have that worded a little wrong, but there is some discrepancy in there.

If you look at the earth works alone on some of the more intricate ones, it is very impressive. Especially when thinking about the available tools of the "given" time of their building.

When you go back to the time periods of the building, and look at the locations world wide, you are talking world wide need for this fortification and warfare. It covers coastlines on most seas and oceans.

An oddity in my view is that Australia has none, and was founded in 1788. The Civil War was 1861