Starforts

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Any available fortifications will be used in war. But did they build them for warfare during the civil war. Using is one thing, building is another. I have listened to people talk about starforts, but I have not researched this as fact for myself, but the wording used when regarding these by smithsonian or organizations like that is very particular. They don't say when they are built and by who, but mention upgrades.. Some of them have been built on older foundations.

If you look at the earth works alone on some of the more impressive one, it is very impressive. Especially when thinking about the available tools of the "given" time of their building.

When you go back to the time periods of the building, and look at the locations world wide, you are talking world wide need for this fortification and warfare. It covers coastlines on most seas and oceans.

Australia has none, and was founded in 1788. The Civil War was 1861

Both. Older and built more for the War.

There have always been smart engineers in history that can impress thousands of years later. Pyramids to Hanging Gardens to Great Wall of China and so on…. Doesn’t mean they’re super natural. Enjoy your humanity. We sometimes actually can impress.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Both. Older and built more for the War.

There have always been smart engineers in history that can impress thousands of years later. Pyramids to Hanging Gardens to Great Wall of China and so on…. Doesn’t mean they’re super natural. Enjoy your humanity. We sometimes actually can impress.

what is your definition of supernatural there? On these, I lean more towards history not being what we have been told, and maybe the lies are very big

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This. Pretty ingenious stuff.

Was cannonball warfare world wide that prevalent back then? I can understand coastal cities with ship bombardments, but it seems like over fortification in some of the inland places.

Some of them seem to be in the middle of nowhere. Not only moving the cannons there, but what are they defending. Like the one I pictured in India.

I know forts in general are built in look out positions and in the middle of nowhere. There are still impressive roman forts. Some of these seem pretty extreme for what i learned of cannon warfare world wide

Last edited: