Stars and Second Guesses: Inside the Dallas Draft Room

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'll admit. Garrett sitting there with that smirk on his face kind of annoys me.

He better win 11+ games this year and a few playoff games or it's time for Jerry to swallow his pride and kick him out the door.

Garrett could go 0-16 this year with everyone healthy and Garrett would get promoted

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So your scouts had a franchise grade on Lynch and you lost him because you didn't want to make that 4th a 3rd.

Quality GMing.

If he turns out to be legit, and with Jerry I now fully expect him to, that will become more and more ridiculous over the years.

We've been on opposite sides of the fence for most of the process, but I have to agree here. You grade him as a franchise, first roudner, the 12th man on your board, but you are unwilling to upgrade that pick? This is what happens when you dink and dunk in FA and HAVE to build through the draft.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
So your scouts had a franchise grade on Lynch and you lost him because you didn't want to make that 4th a 3rd.

Quality GMing.

If he turns out to be legit, and with Jerry I now fully expect him to, that will become more and more ridiculous over the years.

I was under the impression that they offered a 2cnd and 3rd and that Seattle balked.

Not that they never offered the 3rd and lost the deal because of it, seems so trivial to lose your potential QB of the future over being too cheap to offer the 3rd round pick instead of the 4th.

No wonder why Jerry was up all night being critical of his bargain bin approach.

dstew60105

Reaction score

Quality GMing.

And if Jaylon Smith turns into a All-Pro MLB'er you'll be glad he didn't pay such a steep price. Jerry can never win with you.

jnday

Reaction score

Quality GMing.

You deserve many "likes" for this post. I wish I could give it more than one.

dstew60105

Reaction score
There is not a LB in this league that is worth a franchise QB. Jerry can't win that argument with anybody.

Completely disagree. MLB is the heart of the defense. And we are not talking about just one player since we would lose our 3rd as well. Stephen Jones was right, price was too steep.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

Quality GMing.

When I heard they had a deal with Buffalo but Jerry didn't want to move a future first round pick I wanted to kill him.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Lynch is a long shot as far as being a franchise Qb, that's where the mistake was made. We stumbled through it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is not a LB in this league that is worth a franchise QB. Jerry can't win that argument with anybody.

I'd trade the two best LBs in the game for a franchise QB.

If Lynch is that guy his impact will dwarf that of Jaylon Smith and Maliek Collins combined.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Nothing stated in this article regarding the Lynch trade makes sense. Apparently, the Cowboys were willing to trade a 2nd and a 3rd rounder to a team in the high-teens to low-twenties in order to take Lynch. But they were only willing to trade a 2nd and a 4th to a team in the mid-to-high twenties in order to take the same player?

jnday

Reaction score
Completely disagree. MLB is the heart of the defense. And we are not talking about just one player since we would lose our 3rd as well. Stephen Jones was right, price was too steep.

MLBs are as valuable as QBs? You have got to be kidding. RoMac has just as much value as Romo? I can understand if you just don't like the ideal if trading up for Lynch, but making that general statement will get you laughed off this board:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I was under the impression that they offered a 2cnd and 3rd and that Seattle balked.

Not that they never offered the 3rd and lost the deal because of it, seems so trivial to lose your potential QB of the future over being too cheap to offer the 3rd round pick instead of the 4th.

No wonder why Jerry was up all night being critical of his bargain bin approach.

I thought I read the trade was their #2 and next year's #1. I would pass on that, but if it was the 2 and 3 they should have done it. I like Prescott, but Lynch is a better prospect by far.