Start looking for a new OC after season, pronto...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BadKarma;2519954 said:
Just curious - has anyone ever seen any coach on the sideline chew out Romo for his turnovers? The kid seems to be geting a free pass and doesn't appear to be held accountable for his mistakes. I know Parcells and Jimmy Johnson would throw a fit with Romo.

Maybe it's just me and I'm not seeing the sideline butt-chewing.

Wade Phillips isn't that type of coach and it would be foolish for him to try to be something he is not.

Also, I don't recall seeing many of the Quarterbacks in this league chewed out because I think coaches fear that it could negatively effect their decision making.

Heck, I don't even remember Bill Parcells ripping Quincy, Chutch or Bledsoe.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
BadKarma;2519954 said:
Just curious - has anyone ever seen any coach on the sideline chew out Romo for his turnovers? The kid seems to be geting a free pass and doesn't appear to be held accountable for his mistakes. I know Parcells and Jimmy Johnson would throw a fit with Romo.

Maybe it's just me and I'm not seeing the sideline butt-chewing.
You don't chew out your franchise QB.

Some may not like Romo, or may think he doesn't have what it takes, but for better or worse, we're stuck with him for a while.

The QB isn't just another player on the team. He's in his own category, somewhere between the coaches and the rest of the players. That's not to say he doesn't catch heat in private, but in front of the other players or, God forbid, the fans? No.