Start looking for a new OC after season, pronto...

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Romo will be 29, which is still young for a QB, but think 3 years from now, he wont be so young. I think Romo is good, maybe a choke sometimes, I also think he's not getting better under Garrett...

People will say he threw for 25 TDs and all. Honestly we need a more experience OC.... I see no quick slants, no 3 step drops, we run the same plays every week. Shotgun draw, and 5 to 7 step drops all the time looking for the big play......

Reason why I dislike Garrett is that he never does max protect

My question is do you guys think it's Romo or Garrett, I think it's Garrett.....

Alot of people will also say we average a whole lot of yards under Garrett, just think what we could do under someone like Dennis Green as OC, Norv Turner or any good experience OC, who has a scheme and a game plan.

Bash away, but this is getting laughable with our offensive gameplan, it's fun early in the season but not so fun in the latter part.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2518708 said:
Romo will be 29, which is still young for a QB, but think 3 years from now, he wont be so young. I think Romo is good, maybe a choke sometimes, I also think he's not getting better under Garrett...

People will say he threw for 25 TDs and all. Honestly we need a more experience OC.... I see no quick slants, no 3 step drops, we run the same plays every week. Shotgun draw, and 5 to 7 step drops all the time looking for the big play......

Reason why I dislike Garrett is that he never does max protect

My question is do you guys think it's Romo or Garrett, I think it's Garrett.....

Alot of people will also say we average a whole lot of yards under Garrett, just think what we could do under someone like Dennis Green as OC, Norv Turner or any good experience OC, who has a scheme and a game plan.

Bash away, but this is getting laughable with our offensive gameplan, it's fun early in the season but not so fun in the latter part.

I agree with this except Romo's a choke and some of the guys you listed as an OC. I would want to grab someone from either the Colt's Cardinals or Pat's organization. They have similar offensive weapons yet all of their guys seems to eat. Whereas garrett doesn't seem to be able to call the plays to get everyone involved.

1fisher

Reaction score
what makes me sick is watching other teams that are doing more with less....

talent wise....

:bang2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is incapable. I just don't think he's showing his hand for whatever reason. I though last season his playcalling was great. This year its the most simple garbage i've ever seen. Its what i'd expect for a team with a rookie running back except they don't run the damn ball. He showed life in the 4th quarter running TO all over the field but why did he wait so late to do that? Its like he had a gameplan and stuck with it until the 4th quarter.

dcjules

Reaction score
1fisher;2518789 said:
what makes me sick is watching other teams that are doing more with less....

talent wise....

:bang2:

My exact thought, why can Steve Smith/Andre Johnson get 10 catches a week, look at NO, they have no names, yet produce monster numbers....

1fisher

Reaction score
I realize EVERY team gets up to play the Cowboys but DANGIT, why can't we figure out a way to get more out of the talent we have. We should be dictating what we want to do instead of the other way around.

This team frustrates me!:bang2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I dont want to get rid of Garrett simply because Romo would have to learn a new offensive system and being in the same system is critical for QBs.

You ever notice that most of the QBs that suck have a different coordinator every freaking year.

What I want to do is lock Garrett in the film room this offseason and have him watch every freaking game over again and then watch tapes of the Colts, Pats, Saints, Cardinals, and maybe even some of the Titan games and see how they are using their talent on offense more effectively than we are.

I think Garrett can learn and become a better OC in the future, after all this is only his 2nd year as an OC.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2519843 said:
I dont want to get rid of Garrett simply because Romo would have to learn a new offensive system and being in the same system is critical for QBs.

You ever notice that most of the QBs that suck have a different coordinator every freaking year.

What I want to do is lock Garrett in the film room this offseason and have him watch every freaking game over again and then watch tapes of the Colts, Pats, Saints, Cardinals, and maybe even some of the Titan games and see how they are using their talent on offense more effectively than we are.

I think Garrett can learn and become a better OC in the future, after all this is only his 2nd year as an OC.

Only his 2nd year? How many OC's can tell you they got 2 years let alone 3? How many OC's have had the weapons Garrett has on this team? Don't downplay the offensive talent, it's insane what we have and can't tap into it. Garrett is not the best option.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think alot of people are going to be disappointed when they realize Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere.

Wade Phillips will be fired but there is no way Jason Garrett gets the boot.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Garrett has really dropped the ball this year in a lot of games. He will flash real insight now and then, but he is NOT consistent. He gets outcoached too much by the DC. Which is frankly the identity of not only this staff but this team= NO CONSISTENCY (except in making mistakes).

Tex

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2519862 said:

Well then if thats the case and JG isnt named head coach then I would say there is going to be a very short list of head coachs willing to walk into that situation as Wade was willing to with a staff in place basically.

Tex

CalCBFan

Reaction score
rocyaice;2518800 said:
I don't think Garrett is incapable. I just don't think he's showing his hand for whatever reason. I though last season his playcalling was great. This year its the most simple garbage i've ever seen. Its what i'd expect for a team with a rookie running back except they don't run the damn ball. He showed life in the 4th quarter running TO all over the field but why did he wait so late to do that? Its like he had a gameplan and stuck with it until the 4th quarter.
One of these guys from Talking Cowboys, Lunch Break, etc. said that Tony Sparano was very heavily involved in the offensive game plan last year and had a lot to do w/ the offensive productin we showed this year. Maybe he took it w/ him to the Dolphins this year, as they are doing as well as we....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2519862 said:
I think alot of people are going to be disappointed when they realize Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere.

You think not? Then Garrett will be named HC, or we'll have an even bigger puppet than Wade.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
remember Wade didn't hire Garrett, if it was up to Wade and the way this defense has been playing I think he would pick a OC who plays smashmouth and TOP( time of possision ) type football, IE meaning alot of running and short routes....

I think Garrett is trying to keep up with the Jones...

If you look at our pass plays every first look is deep, even on 3rd and 1, first look is always deep....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2519922 said:
You think not? Then Garrett will be named HC, or we'll have an even bigger puppet than Wade.

I'm not saying I like the idea.

I just think Jerry Jones is a very loyal man and I believe he has it in his mind that Jason Garrett is eventually going to be the Head Coach.

Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere, considering the money he is making and I think Jerry Jones fears that he could go somewhere else and have success and guess who fans would blame?

Just like Tony Sporano and Sean Peyton.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2519941 said:
I'm not saying I like the idea.

I just think Jerry Jones is a very loyal man and I believe he has it in his mind that Jason Garrett is eventually going to be the Head Coach.

Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere, considering the money he is making and I think Jerry Jones fears that he could go somewhere else and have success and guess who fans would blame?

Just like Tony Sporano and Sean Peyton.
Do people really wish we had Sean Payton as head coach? :confused:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2519946 said:
Do people really wish we had Sean Payton as head coach? :confused:

When the Saints went to the NFCCG they did.

BTW, I think the Saints go to the Super Bowl that year if that game is in New Orleans.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Just curious - has anyone ever seen any coach on the sideline chew out Romo for his turnovers? The kid seems to be geting a free pass and doesn't appear to be held accountable for his mistakes. I know Parcells and Jimmy Johnson would throw a fit with Romo.

Maybe it's just me and I'm not seeing the sideline butt-chewing.