Start Michaels, Sign Jacobs

RunDMC

Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.

RunDMC

Reaction score
From being McFadden's number one fan to now wishing for Brandon Jacobs?

I believe you might want to quit lending your opinion on RBs for a while.

Okay so because I was wrong about McFadden guess that means I can't talk about backs anymore.

Got it. Guess Broaddus can't talk anymore either or a lot of people including some former NFL players who thought McFadden could resurrect his career.

RunDMC

Reaction score
He was all aboard the Weeden train as well.

Thinking he could win a couple of games is aboard the Weeden train?

He nearly did. I still stand by what I said that we win if Butler doesn't hurt his hammy or T-Will goes up field on his route against the Saints.

But yeah what I saw on Sunday it was time to make a change.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I don't understand all the threads about RB's? When u can't throw the ball, you can't run the ball and we haven't been able to throw downfield enough to make a Defense back off the line. We don't need any more Rb's, what we need is someone to get the ball down the field every now and then...........We do this and our Rb's will magically reappear...

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Christine Michael. His name is Christine Michael. If you are gonna pimp the guy as the savior, at least know his name. Seriously. Hard to read much past that, but from the other responses, it didn't get any better after that,

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't understand all the threads about RB's? When u can't throw the ball, you can't run the ball and we haven't been able to throw downfield enough to make a Defense back off the line. We don't need any more Rb's, what we need is someone to get the ball down the field every now and then...........We do this and our Rb's will magically reappear...

Wrong. What we need are rbs that can make use of creases "consistently" to sustain drives and kill clock. We can't run a freaking play action play because our SBBC sucks. Michael is beyond deserving a chanel to showcase what he can do and, quite frankly, it was a travesty to not place him in and give e him plenty of run with 9 minutes left in the game against the Pats down 6-27. A complete travesty. Give the guy some run so you can accumulate "game film" to evaluate during the bye week so you can go into the bye week with a more informed opinion as to how you might come out of the bye week..... Coaching 101.

RunDMC

Reaction score
When you're arguing that a 33 year old rb needs to come off the street and play for us... You should probably not hit publish.

Alright let's keep going with guys who get tackled by the string of shoes and try to tap dance in the back field.