Start Michaels, Sign Jacobs

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Wrong. What we need are rbs that can make use of creases "consistently" to sustain drives and kill clock. We can't run a freaking play action play because our SBBC sucks. Michael is beyond deserving a chanel to showcase what he can do and, quite frankly, it was a travesty to not place him in and give e him plenty of run with 9 minutes left in the game against the Pats down 6-27. A complete travesty. Give the guy some run so you can accumulate "game film" to evaluate during the bye week so you can go into the bye week with a more informed opinion as to how you might come out of the bye week..... Coaching 101.

Put Romo back there and see how many yards these backs get. The first quarter of the last few games they were running wild and then teams realized Weeden was no threat so they just stopped the run and didn't worry about the pass. No one fears Weeden...........

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Put Romo back there and see how many yards these backs get. The first quarter of the last few games they were running wild and then teams realized Weeden was no threat so they just stopped the run and didn't worry about the pass. No one fears Weeden...........

Before Romo got injured, he tossed 45 passes in one game and I said at the time that he could not do that all season. So I don't subscribe to the opinion that these scatbacks will suddenly improve when he returns. They sucked before he got injured.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Alright let's keep going with guys who get tackled by the string of shoes and try to tap dance in the back field.

Hey I'm all for upgrading if an upgrade can be found. But Brandon Jacobs man? Two years ago he was a year into being washed up.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Before Romo got injured, he tossed 45 passes in one game and I said at the time that he could not do that all season. So I don't subscribe to the opinion that these scatbacks will suddenly improve when he returns. They sucked before he got injured.

I'm not trying argue with you but surely one of these backs can get the job done. If not, who is available??

Craig

Reaction score
The RBs will be fine once Romos and Bryants come back.

kevm3

Reaction score
Randle and McFadden do not fit the kind of running game we need here at Dallas, and that is a power running game. They can bust off some huge runs, but when the going gets tough, they aren't going to pick up any yards. They are complementary backs.

bark

Reaction score
Jim brown ran over us for yrs. let's get him too while we are at it

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not trying argue with you but surely one of these backs can get the job done. If not, who is available??

The back in my signature can get it done but we will never know because he is only a 3rd & 1 back (whether that situation comes one or ten times per game). Dumb coaches.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
From being McFadden's number one fan to now wishing for Brandon Jacobs?

I believe you might want to quit lending your opinion on RBs for a while.

He had me at start Michael. He lost me at sign Jacobs.

Jenky

Reaction score
Randle and McFadden do not fit the kind of running game we need here at Dallas, and that is a power running game. They can bust off some huge runs, but when the going gets tough, they aren't going to pick up any yards. They are complementary backs.

We keep saying McFadden can bust off a huge run, but I don't think we'll ever see it. He needs to be cut.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We keep saying McFadden can bust off a huge run, but I don't think we'll ever see it. He needs to be cut.

I would cut him. All he's doing is blurring the picture and disallowing us to truly define a championship RB situation.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I posted his quote from May in another thread earlier today. All we had to do was extend a pen.