Started New Job

kskboys

Reaction score
I work to make money. I don't work to make friends. While I'm friendly with almost everyone, there are only a couple I consider friends, and I rarely choose to hang out with even them outside of work.
I learned at my last job that very few people can distinguish between personal and professional, and even though I'm not the boss at this job, being too close with co-workers can be a pain in the ***.

Oh...and I don't really care for most people.
I found that out very quickly the first time I worked in an office. Basically, you make "proximity" friends at work, and as soon as one of you moves on, it's over.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm confused. Your thread title says started a new job, but your post says jobs are scarce like you're still looking.

So, either congrats on the job, or good luck finding one.

The odd thing is, unemployment is a low, though that is expected to change due to the world wide economic slowdown. That said, what vocation exactly?

Yes. Both. Jobs are scarce and I am still looking. Just because one has a job does not me one can not look for a better job. I have found jobs in recessions when unemployment is over 12%. You will never find a job by not looking...and I believe in myself and if there is better, I will find it. Until then I will make do. Maybe in the US unemployment is low. Where I live it is climbing.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I would hire you!!!!!

Don't you want to work really really hard and listen to bad jokes all day??!!!!!

I work really hard now and someone was playing xmas music on Friday...LOL. Bad jokes. I got a few. LOL

lukin2006

Reaction score
I work to make money. I don't work to make friends. While I'm friendly with almost everyone, there are only a couple I consider friends, and I rarely choose to hang out with even them outside of work.
I learned at my last job that very few people can distinguish between personal and professional, and even though I'm not the boss at this job, being too close with co-workers can be a pain in the ***.

Oh...and I don't really care for most people.

I am the same way. I am there to make money. I am friendly with everyone as well, a couple of people I have become friends with...but as for hanging out. I am not sure if I would want to, at least not at this point. Trust is a bigger issue at work for me. I work with a young lady who I can say I trust... she and I work well together, so it's in both our benefit to trust each other...and we do.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm nice and friendly with the people who work for me, but I do not befriend them. I try to make it fun around the office, but they all know. This is a business and it's business first and fun second.

I worked with my one my really good friends for 12 years. We did fantastic about not blurring the lines between our friendship and work relationship. There were days I did indeed want to go over and strangle him, however, at the end of the day we could still roll out and grab a brew together and shoot some conversation. No feelings hurt. I think it's good when you can do that.