Starting Connor William's should probably worry Cowboys fans

davidariust24

Reaction score

That's a great stat and good to know, buy that says all 5 lineman. That's not a William's vs sua filo 1 on 1. I'd like to know the stats 1 on 1 not just when they are on the field. Anyone can see that William's gets pushed back in the run game. It's the run game that's going to win the game for us. Sua filo generates more movement

GenoT

Reaction score
The impending Conner Williams vs Suh or Donald matchup reminds me of when 5’3” PG Muggsy Bouges was an NBA rookie and someone asked him how he was gonna stop 6’9” PG Magic Johnson...

“I dunno...who’s been stopping him lately?”

Gotta figure Williams will get some help from Looney.

Go Cowboys!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If Connor William's starts. He is automatically the weakest link. He would be a major part of my game plan to stop the run if I'm Wade Phillip's. If seen William's get pushed into the backfield lots of times and that highly affected our run game. Suh would probaly put him on his back. Martin is going to have to play his best game with a hurt knee to allow Looney to help William's. Hopefully the offensive line will come ready for WHATEVER is thrown at them in the run and passing game.
Williams is better than a gimpy and rusty Sua-Filo.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
The LG spot worries me no matter who starts. To expect either one of those guys to have a bunch of success if left one on one with Donald is foolish. I expect at lot of trap blocking and running right at him. Williams has great foot speed and maybe that will help him in this matchup.

conner01

Reaction score
Great post. Williams moves a lot better. Sua will miss his initial punch and the guy is by him fast. Watch Cox and Bennett blow by him in the Philly game. Williams can pull and run.
When Connor was drafted they knew he needed to add strength and bulk. He spent camp learning Alexander’s blocking scheme which obviously was bad
He’s played better the more he’s played
A full off season and a camp with Colombo and he’s gonna be a different man
No matter which plays they will struggle with Donald just like everyone has. Donald is big and quick and they run twists a lot
As long as they get the right guy they will be fine

Pass2Run

Reaction score
god that sack rate is beyond terrible considering we're a run based offense with "supposed" quick/short throws

We are 8-0 when Su'a-Filo starts at LG. So he's doing something right.

I think he's better in the run game.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Is Williams worse than the turnstile we saw against Atlanta last year. I consider the LG position to be officially 'upgraded.' Vastly.

Praxit

Reaction score
Actually, Williams excellent ability to pull and get to the second level helps out the run game in many ways. It is in pass protection that I will worry about CW.
..thats what I was thinking as well. His mobility might come in huge for run game. As for pass protect, test the waters first. Then adjust, Dak should use his feet alot in this game.