Starting to feel like 10 wins next year is our ceiling

Jayinem

Reaction score
But that's unlikely, I'm thinking 8 or 9.

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would you keep a Head Coach on a lame duck 1 year contract yet create more holes than you can fix? Makes no sense.

McCarthy should have been fired the day after Green Bay.
I think Jerry is too cheap to pay Mike for a year and not have him coach. It sure looks like they are cleaning out the ledger for the next coach. But of course that require them to have a plan.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think that's being pretty generous with the holes they have and the schedule. The job by this FO so far has really been mind blowing.

Carson

Reaction score
Let’s be real here.

Weve done nothing to improve this team. We’ve lost multiple starter. the only reason we signed Kendrick’s is because he’d rather play MLB than OLB.

Not a single positive has came since the new year began.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I knew this season was a failed one once MM came back. So far it's going well, wouldn't expect much excitement in the coming months.

Jayinem

Reaction score
It probably depends on how the other NFCE teams are.
Best case scenario even though they have upgraded and we've downgraded we sweep Washington and Giants and split with Philly.

Washington W
Washington W
NY Giants W
NY Giants W
Philadelphia W
Philadelphia L
Pittsburgh Steelers since it's in Pittsburgh with a really good defense and Russell Wilson I'll say L
Atlanta W
Carolina W
Cleveland L
New Orleans W
Detroit L
San Francisco L
Baltimore L
Cinncinati L
Tampa Bay W
Houston L

That's only 9 wins and 8 losses, and with best case scenario in our division which both Giants and Washington improved and Philly could sweep us. Even some I gave us a W like Atlanta with Kirk Cousins and Tampa Bay who was a playoff team last season aren't locks. Maybe we pull off a few upsets, but no way do I see better than 10 wins, we'll be lucky to get there.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But that's unlikely, I'm thinking 8 or 9.

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.
You call that a winning SEASON!! Anything above 500 makes Jerry so thankful

Creeper

Reaction score
Losing Hankins when the biggest problem on this team has been stopping the run is the low point of the off-season. If this team wins 6 games in 2024 I will be shocked. They have lost so much ground to the top teams in the NFC it is a joke. Worse, a number of teams behind them has passed them by. The ceiling is 6 wins. I don't know how they fill so many holes in the roster at this point.

I have no idea what the Cowboys plan is for the draft, but I cannot imagine how it changes anything.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
A few days into the new league year, and already the fate of the season has been determined. Riiiiiight.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
10? Lol

10 wins would be a disaster.
With the current roster on paper right now that would be a good result.

We nedd to see what we can drum up in FA, and hope that rookies turn out and injured/revcovering players return back to 100% for the start of the season. Diggs, Steele and Overshown.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Dak homers: We can't possibly lose Dak or we won't make the playoffs
Jerry: just watch, we can miss the playoffs with Dak

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
A few days into the new league year, and already the fate of the season has been determined. Riiiiiight.
It was determined when Jerry kept MM another year as a cooked goose, i mean, lame duck. Don't be blaming the fans for their pessimism when it starts with the GM/Owner. Misguided blame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
With the current roster on paper right now that would be a good result.

We nedd to see what we can drum up in FA, and hope that rookies turn out and injured/revcovering players return back to 100% for the start of the season. Diggs, Steele and Overshown.
Why would that be a good result?

Give me 2 wins and a high draft pick over 10 wins and a Wild Card loss.