Starting to feel like 10 wins next year is our ceiling

Sully

Reaction score
Best case scenario even though they have upgraded and we've downgraded we sweep Washington and Giants and split with Philly.

Washington W
Washington W
NY Giants W
NY Giants W
Philadelphia W
Philadelphia L
Pittsburgh Steelers since it's in Pittsburgh with a really good defense and Russell Wilson I'll say L
Atlanta W
Carolina W
Cleveland L
New Orleans W
Detroit L
San Francisco L
Baltimore L
Cinncinati L
Tampa Bay W
Houston L

That's only 9 wins and 8 losses, and with best case scenario in our division which both Giants and Washington improved and Philly could sweep us. Even some I gave us a W like Atlanta with Kirk Cousins and Tampa Bay who was a playoff team last season aren't locks. Maybe we pull off a few upsets, but no way do I see better than 10 wins, we'll be lucky to get there.
Sorry--- but Dallas will not sweep the Commanders. Quinn knows the weakness of the Cowboys. Would not surprise me to see Dallas finish LAST in the NFC East.

ghst187

Reaction score
Not resigning Hankins when Mazi has looked like nothing but a massive bust then letting Tyron and Gilmore walk… not extending Dak or MM is clear message of tanking this season to clean house next offseason.

LysleE

Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong but I think 10 wins is optimistic. At least in FA it appears our brethern within the division are improving their rosters and will be drafting ahead of us. And what draft wouldn’t be complete without another team swooping in front of Dallas and poaching one of their potential draft picks.
We are also playing a first place schedule; and i am thinking Dallas will split the division games…combined with what will be revamped offensive and defensive lines; continued poor run defense; no starting RB and no dedicated #2 WR, i won’t be surprised to see Dallas struggle.
Dak will also have to do a lot more with less talent around him and usually that doesn’t bode well for the team.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
If MM gets 10 wins out of this sorry roster next season, he deserves to be put in the Ring of Honor immediately after the last game.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It has because a bunch of rookies don't improve a team from mediocre to great, never have. Maybe we'll make some minor/medium trades like we did last year but the writing's on the wall.
Even if you get the next Aaron Donald and Larry Allen, they aren’t all pros year 1. It takes a year to have a body physically ready to play NFL football in the trenches.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best case scenario even though they have upgraded and we've downgraded we sweep Washington and Giants and split with Philly.

Washington W
Washington W
NY Giants W
NY Giants W
Philadelphia W
Philadelphia L
Pittsburgh Steelers since it's in Pittsburgh with a really good defense and Russell Wilson I'll say L
Atlanta W
Carolina W
Cleveland L
New Orleans W
Detroit L
San Francisco L
Baltimore L
Cinncinati L
Tampa Bay W
Houston L

That's only 9 wins and 8 losses, and with best case scenario in our division which both Giants and Washington improved and Philly could sweep us. Even some I gave us a W like Atlanta with Kirk Cousins and Tampa Bay who was a playoff team last season aren't locks. Maybe we pull off a few upsets, but no way do I see better than 10 wins, we'll be lucky to get there.
We’re not goin 4-0 against New Jersey and Warshington.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys lose a bunch of JAGS that stunk up the joint against Green Bay and you guys think the team will be worse. No team has lost more players than the Ravens but they bring in King Henry and they are AFC favorites. The Eagles collapse, lose their team leaders but bring in a loser, injury prone, and overpaid running back now they are great. They still have no cornerbacks.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
But that's unlikely, I'm thinking 8 or 9.

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.
I think all the signs are there for a 6 or 7 win season. I would say 8 is our ceiling with that schedule.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Sorry--- but Dallas will not sweep the Commanders. Quinn knows the weakness of the Cowboys. Would not surprise me to see Dallas finish LAST in the NFC East.
Sure feels like it....by the time the draft is over...reality will kick in we are screwed

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would you keep a Head Coach on a lame duck 1 year contract yet create more holes than you can fix? Makes no sense.

McCarthy should have been fired the day after Green Bay.
You keep th HC...let him suffer the setback...new coach comes I'm with a little money to play with...sets him up for showing improvement his first year, players, media and fans buy into him and the program.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They'll be doing good to get 8 wins. But that's ok change only happens when they have bad years.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think Jerry is too cheap to pay Mike for a year and not have him coach. It sure looks like they are cleaning out the ledger for the next coach. But of course that require them to have a plan.
^^^^^There are way too many fans that don't understand this about the Jones

I remember the year Zeke held out for more money ( i won't get into whether I agree or not ). But what I will say is....when he got hurt and tore his PCL (something we found out later)...he was out there on 1 leg...because Jerry was going to make sure he got his money worth. It became very personal for Jerry when Zeke got a new deal. Pollard was very capable of taking on more of a load....yet Jerry was giving press conferences talking about how they thought Zeke was fine and the EXPECT him to carry the load. Jerry makes it very personal when it comes to his money and you just can't do that in sports AND win on the field. If firing Mike with 1 year on his deal is what is best for the product on the field...I don't care if a billionaire has to eat a few millions. But winning on the balance sheet is Jerrys FIRST priority. Once fans understand and believe this....they will adjust their expectations.

bigE79

Reaction score
But that's unlikely, I'm thinking 8 or 9.

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.
8 wins of lucky,lost too many players.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
The guys we lost don't move the needle tbh. We just need to hit a homerun in the draft.

Jayinem

Reaction score
We’re not goin 4-0 against New Jersey and Warshington.
I wasn't guaranteeing that, but was doing best case scenario. If we don't have a winning record in the division though, we're not going to have a winning record. Our out of division schedule is brutal. I could see us getting swept by Eagles even and with Washington and Giants and going 2-4.