Starting to feel like 10 wins next year is our ceiling

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Losing Hankins when the biggest problem on this team has been stopping the run is the low point of the off-season. If this team wins 6 games in 2024 I will be shocked. They have lost so much ground to the top teams in the NFC it is a joke. Worse, a number of teams behind them has passed them by. The ceiling is 6 wins. I don't know how they fill so many holes in the roster at this point.

I have no idea what the Cowboys plan is for the draft, but I cannot imagine how it changes anything.
We haven't started shopping at the bargain bin yet. lol

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
10? Man, that’s mighty generous of you I think this team’s ceiling will be 7-8 games max if not worse.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
this team makes no sense to me sometimes. we will probably win 8-9 games and MM will be let go. hes a coach who’s taken you to three straight 12 win seasons. yet Jason Garrett had 3 8 and 8 seasons and got extended. i’m not saying MM is the answer. let him walk for all i care but this FO follows no plan and has different standards every freakin year or maybe different standards for each coach.

chuck520

Reaction score
But that's unlikely, I'm thinking 8 or 9.

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.
I thought the fans wanted to blow up the team after the three straight 12-5 years since they have so much faith in this front office to rebuild

chuck520

Reaction score
this team makes no sense to me sometimes. you have a coach who’s taken you to three straight 12 win seasons. yet Jason Garrett had 3 8 and 8 seasons and got extended. i’m not saying MM is the answer. let him walk for all i care but this FO follows no plan and has different standards every freakin year or maybe different standards for each coach is different.
All the blow it up fans are happy

J12B

Reaction score
It probably depends on how the other NFCE teams are.
I'm still not concerned with Washington or New York at all.

Still feels like Dallas is the front runner in the East with the way Philly ended last season.

But, I don't expect to win more than 1 playoff game next year given how free agency has gone.

J12B

Reaction score
It probably depends on how the other NFCE teams are.
I'm still not concerned with Washington or New York at all.

Still feels like Dallas is the front runner in the East with the way Philly ended last season.

But, I don't expect to win more than 1 playoff game next year given how free agency has gone.

chuck520

Reaction score
Let’s be real here.

Weve done nothing to improve this team. We’ve lost multiple starter. the only reason we signed Kendrick’s is because he’d rather play MLB than OLB.

Not a single positive has came since the new year began.
The blow it up fans are happy because no playoffs this year

Kingofholland

Reaction score

We've lost too much (add Hankins to the list) and we had a bunch of holes before we lost anyone. You can't expect rookies to make up for everything and even if we have an all time great draft we'll still have holes anyway.
Its all on paper and you have to consider how critical were the pieces lost? Sans Tyron(When healthy) I don't know anyone was a true difference maker that is a bonofide starter on most teams.

We have no idea who their replacements will be, but maybe they find a higher ceiling center in the draft, maybe in a deep tackle class they find a quality LT or LG. Though its hard to picture this team being as good or better lets wait to the draft.

chuck520

Reaction score
Its all on paper and you have to consider how critical were the pieces lost? Sans Tyron(When healthy) I don't know anyone was a true difference maker that is a bonofide starter on most teams.

We have no idea who their replacements will be, but maybe they find a higher ceiling center in the draft, maybe in a deep tackle class they find a quality LT or LG. Though its hard to picture this team being as good or better lets wait to the draft.
The replacements are even worse so enjoy the rebuild! Another 28 year rebuilding project of "all in"

Jayinem

Reaction score
The Quincy Carter homers are happy
So what you're insinuating is if we lose Dak we can only replace him with a Quincy Carter type? And it's not possible to replace him with a real QB?

So what's going to happen if Dak stays a Cowboys his entire career but retires? Will it be any better then in finding his replacement? Will we have six Super Bowls instead of five? If not what else matters?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The replacements are even worse so enjoy the rebuild! Another 28 year rebuilding project of "all in"
We won't know that until they step on the field and after the draft, but yes understand the frustration with the long term rebuild.

Havic

Reaction score
Sweep the Giants, Split with the rest in the division. All of these are very losable games, schedule looks absolutely brutal.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
this team makes no sense to me sometimes. we will probably win 8-9 games and MM will be let go. hes a coach who’s taken you to three straight 12 win seasons. yet Jason Garrett had 3 8 and 8 seasons and got extended. i’m not saying MM is the answer. let him walk for all i care but this FO follows no plan and has different standards every freakin year or maybe different standards for each coach.
I'm so glad Kellen Moore is no longer part of this circus....it's gonna be hilarious when he puts up a 50 burger against Ole Jerry....

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Losing Gallup. Hankins, Armstrong. Tyler and company is too much. :facepalm: :rolleyes: I will give you Tyron but even he is a walking time bomb. Cavanaugh said Kendricks to LVE is a down grade. Dave Hellman was fine with all the loses except for Tyron. A player he used to complain about on the Break the last 3 years he was on the show. Oh woo is me as a Cowboys fan. Jerry is doing what everyone has been crying about the last 3 seasons. Trimming the fat.