Stat for why we needed Williams, Fleming

timb2

Reaction score
This if from DC.com:

Through the first eight games of the season, Prescott was sacked 10 times while throwing 16 touchdown passes with only four interceptions. Over the last eight outings, he was taken down a whopping 22 times with just six touchdown throws and nine picks.
I think that stat was named Chaz Green

PUSHfold

Reaction score
100% biggest problem with our team last year was the O-line hands down and it's not even close. Not the receivers, not Dak Prescott, Not Zeke being suspended...I have been talking about this for a long time. I was down for Wynn/Hernandez at 19 but I am incredibly happy we got Williams at 50. Fixing our o-line will have the greatest impact on our teams production and as long as people can stay relatively healthy and Williams is decent we will win a lot of games this season and will be able to compete with any team on any day.
To me the future is bright with our core players.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This if from DC.com:

Through the first eight games of the season, Prescott was sacked 10 times while throwing 16 touchdown passes with only four interceptions. Over the last eight outings, he was taken down a whopping 22 times with just six touchdown throws and nine picks.

This should spur the usual conversation. I don't see how or why anyone would question it. Does he need to improve his footwork and accuracy, yes, I don't see how anyone could question that either. Losing Zeke and Tyron changed the game for Dak. He lost the best blocking back on the team and the best LT. Two security blankets. Go figure

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
100% biggest problem with our team last year was the O-line hands down and it's not even close. Not the receivers, not Dak Prescott, Not Zeke being suspended...I have been talking about this for a long time. I was down for Wynn/Hernandez at 19 but I am incredibly happy we got Williams at 50. Fixing our o-line will have the greatest impact on our teams production and as long as people can stay relatively healthy and Williams is decent we will win a lot of games this season and will be able to compete with any team on any day.

If Tyron's back issues flare up, Fleming could prove to be our most important free agent addition. Williams definitely gives us a bright future, but Fleming gives us some protection against the problems that we had last year happening again.

Bell as a tackle was a bad FA pickup last year. He hadn't looked bad before he got here as a guard, but just wasn't very good at tackle. However, I'm sure the staff thought Green would be able to handle the backup spot if he didn't win the starting guard spot. I don't know if trying to win the guard spot messed him up or the coaching did. Whatever it was, it's good that we're not going to have to count on him returning to form especially since he can't stay healthy anyway,

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These Dak Hater clowns need to think real hard about how difficult it would be to try to do your job when you have ZERO PROTECTION and guys trying to murder you.
People see what they wanna see.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Here's a stat. Adrian Clayborn got 6 sacks in a single game.

When asked about it, he said he didn't do anything different, he just kept getting to the QB.

Our swing tackle was basically the equivalent of playing with 10 men on the field.
Most fans didn't think Chaz Green even deserved to go back to the locker room with the team after the game

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Here's a stat. Adrian Clayborn got 6 sacks in a single game.

When asked about it, he said he didn't do anything different, he just kept getting to the QB.

Our swing tackle was basically the equivalent of playing with 10 men on the field.

what's crazier is our coaches continue to leave our LT on a island that game. Like come on are in-game adjustments illegal? But then again that is linehan playing style. We need a young innovative OC that can design a offense and know how to make adjustments. We know Garrett is terrible in-game decisions.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I do wish we used a TE more to Smith side of the line to chip a few more times on their DE.
Take some of the wear and tear off him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
This if from DC.com:

Remove the Atlana fiasco and the "stats" are far removed.

Still can't believe the staff did that..... Claiborne......an Iowa hack with his fourth team.

JustChip

Reaction score
These Dak Hater clowns need to think real hard about how difficult it would be to try to do your job when you have ZERO PROTECTION and guys trying to murder you.

Yep. It's how the Giants won 2 SBs over Tom Brady. Not even the GOAT is immune to pressure so it's reasonable to expect a 2nd year QB would be too. And what he faced against the Falcons was waaaaay beyond what Brady experienced.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

That's assuming Williams can make the transition to guard. Would seem to me that shouldn't be an issue, with guard having people on both sides of him rather than only one side like tackle, but that remains to be seen...

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

And bringing in a decent back up for LT just in case.