CFZ State of the NFCE

CWR

Reaction score
Both seasons ended the same. With an ugly finish.

Some really ugly losses last year, too.

Which still doesn't reinforce your premise.

Given the roster and recent history this team wins double digit games next season.

To your point though, the question of whether or not we can make noise in the playoffs I don't have a clue.

Roster improvements or not, I can't have any real since of confidence until I see them playing well in December.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You don't replace Javon Hargrave with Jordan Davis. Hargrave had 18.5 sacks and 19 TFLs the last two seasons. Jordan Davis might not reach those numbers in his career. He's a completely different player.

That inside pressure lost is significant and Jordan Davis isn't helping you replace it.
All comes down to Davis's health.

When healthy last year, at beginning of year, he was the most dominant dlineman they had (ignore stats, focus on what ur eyes tell you).

He could shove 2 guys back into the QB by himself....he's just such a physical freak of nature.

Hargrave sold out for sacks...and was bad against the run. I'm glad we didn'tget him.. If davis stays healthy, they lose nothing. Maybe sack numbers, but not effectiveness and drive killing plays.

We need to prioritize the trenches like that. Mazi Smith AND/or Keannu Beaton in 2nd,3rd round would be huge. Eagles have linemen we don't even know about they've been grooming for a year that would start for most teams....we need to start doing that instead of drooling over linebackers and running backs. This isn't 1985 any more.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
yeah he wont replace the sacks but they might get Carter and they still have Cox.

Our DT's aren't in the same universe.
Cox sucks (hehehhe)... but if Jalen Carter somehow slips to them....OMG, he's the most dominant player in the draft, and probably the best DT to come out in 5 years.

That would be a nightmare

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All comes down to Davis's health.

When healthy last year, at beginning of year, he was the most dominant dlineman they had (ignore stats, focus on what ur eyes tell you).

He could shove 2 guys back into the QB by himself....he's just such a physical freak of nature.

Hargrave sold out for sacks...and was bad against the run. I'm glad we didn'tget him.. If davis stays healthy, they lose nothing. Maybe sack numbers, but not effectiveness and drive killing plays.

We need to prioritize the trenches like that. Mazi Smith AND/or Keannu Beaton in 2nd,3rd round would be huge. Eagles have linemen we don't even know about they've been grooming for a year that would start for most teams....we need to start doing that instead of drooling over linebackers and running backs. This isn't 1985 any more.

LOL. Ignore that he can't get to the QB and Hargrave does to an elite level. Trust your eyes.

They are different players. Jordan Davis can never replace what Javon Hargrave gave them.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
LOL. Ignore that he can't get to the QB and Hargrave does to an elite level. Trust your eyes.

They are different players. Jordan Davis can never replace what Javon Hargrave gave them.
Nor can Hargrave do what Davis can. LOL. Look a bit deeper, than what JoeBlow knows from looking at stats on espn

erod

Reaction score
Which still doesn't reinforce your premise.

Given the roster and recent history this team wins double digit games next season.

To your point though, the question of whether or not we can make noise in the playoffs I don't have a clue.

Roster improvements or not, I can't have any real since of confidence until I see them playing well in December.
The reprated collapses after Thanksgiving continue.