State of the Union

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas could give Dak the franchise tag, like Wash did with their QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3) You had a defense that could carry a QB who isn't going to score 30+ points a game.
No NFL team averaged 30 points a game last year but the Cowboy scored 30+ points 8 times.

Only one did the year before and the Cowboys were the 5th highest scoring team in the league then.

Also you seem to have forgotten Romo's injury history. Remember how no one thought he could make it through one game without getting hurt?

Also, Romo's dead money never hurt the Cowboys. There was cap space easily available if the Cowboys wanted to free up some to sign a FA.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
No NFL team averaged 30 points a game last year but the Cowboy scored 30+ points 8 times.

Only one did the year before and the Cowboys were the 5th highest scoring team in the league then.

Also you seem to have forgotten Romo's injury history. Remember how no one thought he could make it through one game without getting hurt?

Also, Romo's dead money never hurt the Cowboys. There was cap space easily available if the Cowboys wanted to free up some to sign a FA.

This was a patently ridiculous post.

No one thought Romo could finish a game? Simply not true.

And dead money hurts any cap, being able to free up more money, doesn't change the fact that money is still being consumed... and a considerable amount of i.t

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
We so need to win a championship soon to get people off of the "Romo was done wrong" train.

It's beyond tiring, and clearly, some fans need a championship enema.

Rayman70

Reaction score
:hammer:beat that horse...MAN...guys...this thread is dumb. Romo isn't gonna walk thru these doors. He had his time.TURN THE PAGE.

jay94

Reaction score
No, no. We love dead horses around here. Dez did NOT catch it in Green Bay. Rules are rules.

A couple years later they now said it was a catch. Rules are rules, but with so much subjectivity involved it made the matter to much grey.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
A couple years later they now said it was a catch. Rules are rules, but with so much subjectivity involved it made the matter to much grey.

Actually, they say that it would be a catch according to present day rules, not that is was a catch then. And it's true there's subjectivity but everyone knows what a classic lunge looks like and Dez did not execute that. Even after that, he just needed to keep the ball off the ground and it still would have been a catch no matter how much he bobbled the ball but that didn't happen either.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I was for ready for the move from Romo at the close of the 2012 season. He was a really good player with great stats and I appreciate all he did/sacrificed for the team. Better to part ways too early than too late.

Verdict

Reaction score
oh good, a refreshingly new topic.....

14w3jb.jpg

Let's talk about Dez!

Verdict

Reaction score
Welcome to the drama zone. It's pretty cozy over here. Less Dez rif raf over here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want to beat a dead horse. I think it was a mistake to move on from Romo, but for quite a few reasons beyond him being the best option at the time. I think more importantly he was the best option for the window we had.

Garrett did Romo and Prescott a great disservice. I think he has done the team, in general, a great disservice, as we can see by how many Cowboys greats have been unable to get rings here or even playoff victories, but have had success in other organizations (Ware, Bennett). Even Brandon Weeden was able to win games in this league after leaving this team.

The crux of this comes down to the reality that the Cowboys have no organizational strategy. Drafting good players isn't a strategy, that's a given.

What we do is we draft good players that we don't have an actual plan for.

Tyrone Crawford, who we ended up overpaying, we moved him in and outside about twice a year. Switzer, Bennett, Jones, Collins, Smith, Green, Escobar.... the list goes on. They just think we'll grab players and figure the rest out later. They have no concept of identity whatsoever. That's why much to the chagrin of fans they'll throw three times in a row on 1st and goal on the 3-yard line after putting every bit of resources into the offensive line and a top 5 draft pick at running back.

Dak was a happy accident for them in 2017 and Garrett saw it as a way to remove Romo. The fact that Garrett won out there and as a result, we've moved on from both Witten and Bryant should make this his last year if/when he isn't successful. This team wasn't built for a rookie QB. We don't have a dominant defense. Prescott should have been allowed to sit behind Romo and learn mostly pressure free.

Instead, we go into year 3, and if Prescott and Garrett don't deliver, you find yourself in a position of having to start looking for a new QB or planning on making him the franchise player after his 4th year. Worse you've lost the advantage of having a cheap QB on the roster. Where are the resources going exactly? That's right we were still paying for Romo. Garrett is entirely too political and too inexperienced to be a good Head Coach. The decision to move on from Romo was a political one that ignored the best tenets of managing a football team. And that is no slight on Dak. QBs are best when they are allowed to develop. The lumps Dak will take and believe me he will continue to take them in year 3, will not outweigh the opportunity costs involved.

Short of an NFC Championship, Garrett needs to be on his way by the end of the year and a Head Coach with some vision and strategy needs to be put in place. Someone who isn't going to squander talent.
Drama Zone.

:lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I’m ok moving on from Romo. The mistake was providing a pass because of a winning wave and Rookie of the year season.

We’re so desperate to win we latch onto the first sign of success much like we did with Romo instead of going where the greats are usually found. In the 1st round of draft.