Twitter: Statement from Vegas Police regarding Zeke's incident

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zeke is closer to being an Aaron Hernandez type than Gronk. And don't read too much into that - Hernandez was a drug addicted mass murderer. Zeke has shown he might have a drinking problem, but the more concerning issue is that when drinking he has problems controlling his temper. I've never heard such claims about Gronk.

:facepalm:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter, what don’t you understand about that?

His track record also goes well beyond the kangaroo court.

convictions are all that matter (and I would consider the kangaroo court to be a conviction). All the rest is white noise.

GenoT

Reaction score
If the league (read: Goodell) decides this incident is no big deal — which it isn’t — then it’s reasonable to expect that there’ll be no suspension.

However, if it’s viewed as part of an ongoing pattern of behavior that might be seen as being detrimental to the league’s image, then who knows?

cern

Reaction score
I saw no untoward behavior on zeke's part at all. Much ado about nothing.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Now what I do see waaaaaaaaay to much. People letting these young men off to easy for things they do. He is just young and doesn't know any better ..... I call HUGE BS with that , as they are mostly all over 21. We have people joining the military 6-8 years younger then these players who went through college with more responsibility. They have even more opportunity to do more harm but get 0 slack that these players do. Its all about accountability, which should of started in Highschool at least. But no they are treated above the rest because of a game and $$

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
From your lips to God's ears. But I think you're wrong. He was under very clear conditions not to have any more incidents. This could be considered to be an incident. There is video evidence. I am guessing that we are looking at a 2-game suspension, minimum.
Not worried about it in the least. Neither is Zeke. Nor grandpa Jerruh.

aria

Reaction score
convictions are all that matter (and I would consider the kangaroo court to be a conviction). All the rest is white noise.
White noise? Not in the NFL it’s not and conviction or not he can still get suspended. You need to separate what you think vs what the NFL thinks.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Yeah... it's wild.
Some of us just won't "get it" til that certain something cracks the rock.
For me it was meeting my wife and her not tolerating the man I was.
And me realizing she was the best thing to ever happen to me. By far.

Funny enough... I always thought I would be unhappy toning myself down as that was "Me".

Turned out it was, but wasn't.

I hope Zeke comes to that point. He's still young though.

At this point if the team is not worried .... at least family /friends should be. He already got a slap on wrist that should of been his wake up call. It worries me on what it would take for him. I know Im glad I was not in his shoes.... gave me that much money and status so young :D Id be in a lot of trouble.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
At this point if the team is not worried .... at least family /friends should be. He already got a slap on wrist that should of been his wake up call. It worries me on what it would take for him. I know Im glad I was not in his shoes.... gave me that much money and status so young :D Id be in a lot of trouble.
His dad has already gone on record of being worried.
Momma's momma.
But he's his own man now. All they can do is talk to him.

Makes me think of Britney Spears and her being put into a conservatorial situation with handlers and family.
Poor girl... she has not aged gracefully.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If the league (read: Goodell) decides this incident is no big deal — which it isn’t — then it’s reasonable to expect that there’ll be no suspension.

However, if it’s viewed as part of an ongoing pattern of behavior that might be seen as being detrimental to the league’s image, then who knows?
Goodell is detrimental to the league’s image.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Zeke is closer to being an Aaron Hernandez type than Gronk. And don't read too much into that - Hernandez was a drug addicted mass murderer. Zeke has shown he might have a drinking problem, but the more concerning issue is that when drinking he has problems controlling his temper. I've never heard such claims about Gronk.

you're out of your mind

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
No. It’s just that. While I know you said “don’t read too much into it”. Mentioning Hernandez is just putting the cart way before the horse. Hernandez Murdered 3 people. Zeke pushed a guy.

Poor judgement. Absolutely. Not even in the same stratosphere as pre-meditated murder.

I absolutely understand your point. Imagine a 0-100 scale instead - Gronk is at 0 while Hernandez is at 100. Zeke's behavior might put him around a 55 or 60 because of his drinking and apparent inability to control his temper. By this scale he's closer to Hernandez, but in no way shape or form is he anything like the turd. Thats all I'm saying.

Hernandez is where he belongs; feeding the worms 6 feet under. Zeke is still very young, and probably a bit immature. But he has a ton of time to pull his head out. He's going to be a top tier star the rest of his career, but he needs to stay out of trouble. Unfortunately he's finding that difficult to do.

cern

Reaction score
It's not letting the guy off the hook if he didn't do anything wrong. He did nothing wrong.