Stats can lie

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stats definitely lie. Dak got a ton of those stats after the game was out of hand and our defense let Green Bay score in 5 plays some drives so naturally some of those stats around plays will be skewed.

Bottom line we lost the turnover battle and struggled to force punts and field goals. Thats usually a recipe for losing.
Yet another reason:

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Yes it was a team loss I get that but most of it's on the defense I don't care how poorly it appeared the quarterback played go back and look at the first interception literally the defensive back ran through the back of cooks grabbed his shoulder for leverage and went and got the football wasn't a bad throw was a little bit of a lack of effort on cooks but really it was a pass interference it wasn't called as usual but I'm not gonna complain we're used to it they let him play but that's not a bad throw by Prescott...

The pick six when we look at the all 22 you're gonna find out that he let the ball go and there were three guys on the same level once again like we didn't like with Kellen Moore their routes were all too close and he expected lamb to get to the football spot but one of the defenders cut up underneath and got there first but these are timing based passes and he trusted his receiver was gonna get there it wasn't just like he just missed the fact that there was defenders in the area it was zoned and once again when you're running things on the same level in the routes you have too many defenders that can break off their responsibilities and go under and get balls like they did last year.....

They could have mounted A comeback A legitimate comeback had we had any defense whatsoever they scored touchdowns as if if they were playing 11 on 7 that's what it looked like to me it's been like that all year like in the big games that they're blaming Prescott can't play in big games we have a piss poor defense in big games...

You cannot expect our offense to play like they did in Seattle where they can constantly make up for bad defense and have to score on every single possession you're asking basically them for them to play perfect we see teams like Trevor Lawrence and Josh Allen last year in the playoffs had three and four turnovers and they won those games we watched Matthew Stafford have 20 interceptions in his Super Bowl year and guess what two of them were in the Super bowl and the Rams overcame it and won the game because they mounted hey come back which starts with the defense you gotta get the ball back you gotta make real stops they so easily walked the ball down the field on every drive there was nothing our offense could have done unless they played absolutely perfect never punted and scored on every possession... So yes the team played bad everyone played bad but you can't keep expecting the quarterback to overcome that kind of crap that shows up in the playoffs..

I have never seen in the last four playoff losses a strong run game a physical offensive line come to the game and support Prescott on offense and now we have the defense playing like turds... This looked like the worst game of the year I mean take away the garbage points and the garbage yards this is as bad a beat down as Buffalo or the 49ers and this was against the wild card team at home this was the worst loss of the year Jerry should be shot and we all should be shocked and embarrassed and hopefully that exacts some change with coaching...

We are all waiting patiently we it's not gonna happen overnight but hopefully in the coming week we find out there's gonna be some big changes but I'm really sick of hearing about Prescott did this and Prescott didn't do that I seen a lot of drop passes early in that game guys giving up on their routes not diving for balls I mean I I swear to God I mean are we not watching the same game you're asking the quarterback to be perfect and I watch other teams win games when their quarterback is worse than Prescott...

Where is this Emmitt Smith type running effort with an offensive line that's there so you don't have to be 1 dimensional and where are the game plans on all three phases that help this team create whenever they are in a game and it just goes SI mean we don't have that Prescott has never had that Troy and Roger has had some of the best coaching best running games known to the game of football it was historic I don't think Romo or Prescott has ever got that in a playoff game because when they do they win those games...
Just stop.

How much evidence do you need to see that your QB is always going to be part of the problem?

Last year he didn't score enough, the year before that, the same. This year? The freaking same thing!!

Defense sucked this game but your QB had less than 100 yards before half with 2 interceptions.

Stop trying to write a song and dance defending each interception. He almost threw 4 interceptions.

Your boy sucks.

This is how the creep starts. You Dak lovers start chipping away slowly until the season starts. Then us level headed realistic fans get chased out as the "haters". We wait patiently until the playoffs to come back with a told ya so. Then it starts again, same cycle.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
You just indirectly compared Dak to Brady. Dak couldn’t even be Toms waterboy. If we had Brady the last 8 years, we’d have 3 rings minimum.
Was more comparing the defenses, but yeah agreed

JustChip

Reaction score
What? Lol Your point was that the game was over in the first half when were down by 3 TD's. 27-0. I said we started to come to life with two straight scoring drives, making it 27-10 with over a quarter and a half to go. After the FG to make it a respectable 27-10, our defense let them go on a super easy, 5 play, 75-yard drive. Making it 34-10. That's when I said that I knew it was over. I have no idea why you think I proved your point.
We were down by 4 TDs (or 3 TDs each with 2 pt. conversion + a FG).

At that point, Dallas would've had to hold GB scoreless on 4 possessions and Dallas score TDs on 4 possessions. The later might have happened, but the former was not going to happen. That’s why it was over at 27-0. That was confirmed by the fact that GB scored on their next possession after it was 27-0.

There might’ve been a chance if they were playing a scrub offense, but that wasn’t the case. The Dallas defense had struggled to keep playoff offenses in check over the last month of the season.

Brax

Reaction score
So what went wrong. A team loss.

Dak threw 2 picks. Argue all off season one was not his fault and one was a pick 6. Other than that.. We had him throwing the ball 60 freaking times. What did you expect.

41/60 for 403 yards. 3 TDs and 2 ints. We were behind so we needed to throw that much. He was sacked 4 times. Used his legs and ran 6 times for 45 yards. Other than the pick 6 not a bad day for a QB that had to throw that many times. But yet he still seemed to look bad doing it. Lol. Meanwhile love was 16/22 for 272. 3 TDs.

Run game… We ran 25 times. For 123 yards. And Dak had 45 of it scrambling and running. 11 yards were for WR end around. 17/67 yards between Pollard and Dowdle. Anyone see a problem.

We ran 89 plays to there 54.
We had 37 first downs to there 22.
We had 510 yards to there 415.
We had 387 yards passing to there 272.
We had picked up 10/16 first downs to there 6/10.
We had the ball a few minutes more than the did.
They had 20 more rushing yards than us.
They picked up a 4th down and we failed 2 times.

We had 6 penalties for 48 yards. They had 7 for 66 yards.

Special teams.
They punted 3 times and we punted 2 times.
We got 1 FG. They got all TDs

Then our Defense. Grrr.
They had 4 sacks and we got O. We gave up 6 TDs and they got a pick 6 from Dak. They gave up 4 TDs. And I don’t need to say how bad it was we know.

Our Offense didn’t put up a point until time was expiring in the FIRST HALF. The game got was finished when we gave up 38 yard td pass at the end of 3rd quarter. Thats when it was done and 41-16. Pedal was lifted off so any stats after that was garbage.

But if someone showed you the initial stats you would think Cowboys won that game in a close one.

Both sides for us played poorly but any Defense that gave up 6 TDs is losing. The gross part is that even after they let off our pathetic Defense couldn’t even stop them in the 4th quarter when it’s 41-16. We turned around and let them score opening td of the 4th.

Thats simply a team that layed down with poor coaching and unprepared. If these coaches had them focused and prepared then when they came out slow MM and Quinn could have jumped on them at least at halftime and they would have perked up. And if the TEAM is prepared and a player is slacking you could bench them for a bit. They simply look past this team. It’s plain and simple. Players had parties planned after the game. I will leave you with these words.

REMEMBER THE CABO GAME. Us against a lesser giants team. JJ walking around the field before the game handing out playoff tickets to the next game to our players while they were stretching..
Yes stats do lie, Dak built his career on garbage stats and rode Zeke like a cheap mule to get the $$$ and Jerry will pay for the garbage yet again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We were one dimensional by half way through the second quarter. First pick was an obvious go through the back to get the ball. I believe Cooks threw his hands up and the defender even looked around for it. But then they started throwing flags for them holding Parsons and he still did nothing. I figured he would lead the way but NOBODY stopped the run.

I can’t say much about the second half. You can enlighten me. I mentally checked out. I saw Lamb mad in the beginning, very upset. He saw our Defense getting burned in zone because Gilmore was hurt. I would have sat him and played the next man up so we could play our style. Lamb wanted to be moved around to get the match up with there cb that was dinged up and go deep to get back in the game… MM decided to try to run the ball. From what I heard they wanted to run the ball.

Dak still ended up throwing 60 TIMES. Who throws the ball 60 times. A team that can’t run the ball and falling behind. The pick 6 was Dak throwing towards the blitz and a defender made a great move and Lamb didn’t really fight for the ball. He was mad but also let him jump the route. Watch the play. Guy made a good jump on it but Dak threw where he was supposed to. Dak was off and made bad throws but try throwing it 60 times.

We had a shot toward end of 3rd quarter and had a 4 and out. They turned it straight around and smoked us.

Everybody wants to blame the team because you have to. All the way to especially the coaching staff. They were not prepared or ready. They had a lame scheme and just assumed they would win. Players having parties planned that night. Well keep partying all the way to mini camps.
Well now that we know Mike McCarthy's returning hopefully Dan Quinn is not there will be some changes to hopefully appease fans maybe make this defense bigger and tougher but it all starts with stopping the run and running we need a stud running back and a reinventing a physical short yardage opposing run game for this offense I mean that is what you're saying and I agree if Mike McCarthy is coming back they said they were gonna fix the run game from Kellen Moore to now and apparently we missed Ezekiel Elliott more than they want to admit and we absolutely have to get one of those types of running backs in the draft and probably bring in a guy like Pollard not Pollard but someone like him cheaper for the change of pace and also maybe deuce Vaughn hey he all hands on deck to be that guy that can come in and be the change of pace guy but we absolutely need a stud running back in this draft...

So yes I know people are gonna be upset Mike McCarthy's coming back but our offense was pretty good for most of the year and I think the play calling needs to change in some of these bigger games he's playing not to lose and I don't like that that's a Jason Garrett thing to do is to have a conservative game plan and hope that you keep the game close and then it gets away from you you need to be more aggressive he's been aggressive which I don't understand why some of these games he decided to go all turtle but yes there was problems