Steady as she goes

Blitzen

Reaction score
Nope. If they can't beat man coverage it doesn't really matter. No OL is going to consistently give a clean pocket for more than 2.5 seconds - a WR who beats man quickly defeats a passrush.

Plus, there isn't exactly an OL available for trade right now of Davante's calibre.

This oline is not providing receivers much time to get separation, so there is no way to say what would happen with more time and development.

Davante cannot consistently beat coverage in the time this offensive line is currently providing, so the point is moot.

Also, a proficient offensive line can also provide much better running games and playaction passing. Dak was not passing as much in 2016, and the team was not scoring as many points but that is still the best offense the team has fielded in his tenure. Consistent yardage and points against pretty much every defense. Steady as she goes.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Though the Cowboys have not been perfect at drafting by any stretch, they are pretty good overall. Draft assets are extremely valuable because of contract size/length versus potential production.

If the Cowboys win the next three games and look great doing it, then it makes more sense to make a move for this season with a trade. If they do not do that, then it makes much less sense and they should go with what they have.

Too many of you are good with trading several premium picks away to pray for marginally better success. The team’s depth will get tested and we will see where they go with it. Steady as she goes.
I still wonder that people believe in the myth that we are good at drafting players.

we are not a good drafting team.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This oline is not providing receivers much time to get separation, so there is no way to say what would happen with more time and development.

Davante cannot consistently beat coverage in the time this offensive line is currently providing, so the point is moot.
Good WRs don't need it, they are open almost immediately against man because they play leverage. That is what Davante is good at, he doesn't need time to get open.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Good WRs don't need it, they are open almost immediately against man because they play leverage. That is what Davante is good at, he doesn't need time to get open.

Every wide receiver needs time to get open, lol.

Davante is just a hood ornament on a broken vehicle as it currently stands. Next to zero positive impact. Accept it. The Cowboys will not be getting him. Move along, and steady as she goes.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duh. Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha? lol

Adding another WR to this offense makes it much, much better. Davante playing with the School of the Deaf doesn't make them good, no.
No...I said it as politely and meekly as I could. What's the deal?

Not if the rest of the offense is in disrepair. It likely is. You've tossed this up like HE would be a total game changer for us. It's true we are short at WR...like everywhere else 'cept maybe QB..and TE maybe. .

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No...I said it as politely and meekly as I could. What's the deal?

Not if the rest of the offense is in disrepair. It likely is. You've tossed this up like HE would be a total game changer for us. It's true we are short at WR...like everywhere else 'cept maybe QB..and TE maybe. .
Yes, another WR is a total game changer.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Yes, another WR is a total game changer.

For games against the worst competition yes. For games against good playoff defenses and teams-slightly better results. But Jerry agreed with you when he traded for Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, Amari Cooper…Keep the dream alive!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For games against the worst competition yes. For games against good playoff defenses and teams-slightly better results. But Jerry agreed with you when he traded for Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, Amari Cooper…Keep the dream alive!
You beat me to it by THIS much!:laugh: