Steele has earned the right to be the starting RT for this team

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
When Collins comes back, he needs to replace the LG. Williams, like one poster already said, has too many penalties. Collins played LG for us when he was a rookie, and the way Steele has played has been phenomenal, especially for an UDRFA

Collins played guard at LSU one season as well, albeit in limited play. So it's not like he's a total rookie at guard.

Might be worth a look there...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When Collins comes back, he needs to replace the LG. Williams, like one poster already said, has too many penalties. Collins played LG for us when he was a rookie, and the way Steele has played has been phenomenal, especially for an UDRFA
I still think Collins is better than steele. collins was a probowler and close to all pro RT....its great to see steele play like he does. makes me feel warm and fuzzy because we saw Smith go out yesterday and my heart missed a beat think oh shiet, we don't need this....having steele as the swing tackle makes us better to make playoff run and deal with injuries along the way....its a long season.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Williams penalties by year:

2018: 6 (10 games)
2019: 5 (11 games)
2020: 5 (16 games)
2021: 7 (6 games)

Steele has 3 penalties, T. Smith has 3 penalties, Biadasz has 4 penalties, and Martin has 1 penalty......so clearly Williams is making the most mistakes so far this season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
When Collins comes back, he needs to replace the LG.

first problem with that is Collins plays well at T when he slims up which is what he did this offseason. ie, he is physically ready to play T.
second problem do you really want to put a guy with hip issues into the G spot where he is going to take a lot of awkward hits?
third issue is that yes, he played G but he didn't play it at a very high level. not saying he couldn't at this point in his career but his only NFL experience at G was less than his play at T.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Better idea, Collins starts at right tackle and Conner McGovern goes in at left guard

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Collins can slide to LG and perform that would be awesome.

Tyron-Collins-Biadasz-President-Steele

Don't forget about Conner McGovern possibly fitting into LG also.

Carson

Reaction score
If Collins can slide to LG and perform that would be awesome.

Tyron-Collins-Biadasz-President-Steele

Don't forget about Conner McGovern possibly fitting into LG also.
I think you have to think of McGovern at LG. Williams is just too inconsistent and has the most penalties of any offensive lineman (guard at least) in the league

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Steele was getting beat on multiple occasions last night. This was NOT the game to be touting him. And he is NOT better than Collins.

But...........If Collins can replace the horrid Williams, then maybe its a good move. But for my money, I simply put Mcgovern down there. Its gotta happen anyway next year.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Steele was getting beat on multiple occasions last night. This was NOT the game to be touting him. And he is NOT better than Collins.

But...........If Collins can replace the horrid Williams, then maybe its a good move. But for my money, I simply put Mcgovern down there. Its gotta happen anyway next year.

51 Pass attempts and 0 sacks last night for the OL.