Steele has earned the right to be the starting RT for this team

jnday

Reaction score
When Collins comes back, he needs to replace the LG. Williams, like one poster already said, has too many penalties. Collins played LG for us when he was a rookie, and the way Steele has played has been phenomenal, especially for an UDRFA
It depends on what version of Collins that comes back to play. If he returns playing like one of the top five OTs in the league, he should start.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Steele was getting beat on multiple occasions last night. This was NOT the game to be touting him. And he is NOT better than Collins.

But...........If Collins can replace the horrid Williams, then maybe its a good move. But for my money, I simply put Mcgovern down there. Its gotta happen anyway next year.
All everyone focusses on are sacks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the reason Collins signed with the Cowboys is that Booger promised him he would play at RT, where the money is better. He was slated as an OG by most teams.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No steele is not better than collins. But i've said this in the other threads so i'll do it again. Steele does let them get Collins fully healthy and not rush him back. But once Collins is fully healthy, able to practice and gets his legs under him, he has been better than steele beyond doubt.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
When Collins comes back, he needs to replace the LG. Williams, like one poster already said, has too many penalties. Collins played LG for us when he was a rookie, and the way Steele has played has been phenomenal, especially for an UDRFA

Steele has played very well, is he better than a healthy Collins though? I don't think so, but it's always possible we feel differently after seeing Collins back. I kind of like the idea of getting your 5 best linemen on the field, but is Collins or Steele a better guard than Williams or McGovern? Collins was underwhelming at guard when he started there and became a better player as a RT. Maybe it was just inexperience, but some things to consider during the bye.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Steele has been solid. But we need him as a backup swing tackle. No guarantees Tyron or LC don’t miss more games.

Im not sure Dallas would play him on the left.

I know everyone assumes that but I don’t think so.

Connor Williams for whatever reason is a holding machine and the refs have rang him up for it all year.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Lets reward the guy who has been working hard to improve week in and week out instead of the clown who has shown how little football and him teammates mean to him. Collins should be happy to get a shot at swing tackle duty. With Tyron he is bound to get a chance to play. Make him earn his place back in the line up. IMHO if you put him at guard be ready to deal with a massive pouty baby.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If truly is about getting the best 5 on the field, Steele or Collins should be moved to LG. Conner Williams is holding this team back.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Steele was getting beat on multiple occasions last night. This was NOT the game to be touting him. And he is NOT better than Collins.

But...........If Collins can replace the horrid Williams, then maybe its a good move. But for my money, I simply put Mcgovern down there. Its gotta happen anyway next year.

He was having a hard time with Judan

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
4 QB hits - 1 each from Wise, Judson, Hightower, and Barmore.

Maybe someone will have the pressure stats.
There was a bunch, to Prescott's credit of escaping.

There was a few that he had great protection as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you're putting your best 5 out there, Williams isn't one of them. I don't think he's in the top 6 either. Why has McGovern not taken his job yet? We have a fullback now, go ahead and give the kid a shot.
its not the best 5. its the best 5 for the position.....steele is not as good as williams as a guard. I don't want collins to play guard. he was so so when he played it. although he is stronger than williams.....and he is coming off hip surgery, and hasn't played guard in 4 years.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
51 Pass attempts and 0 sacks last night for the OL.
yes, OL played great, but Dak also bought time by his shifting and scrambling......it takes the group including QB to work together....NE was in good coverage most of the night and the little scrambles including on the last over time play just allowed WRs to get open.....yes, good OL play. good QB play, this was a great to see