Steele has earned the right to be the starting RT for this team

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Williams penalties by year:

2018: 6 (10 games)
2019: 5 (11 games)
2020: 5 (16 games)
2021: 7 (6 games)

Steele has 3 penalties, T. Smith has 3 penalties, Biadasz has 4 penalties, and Martin has 1 penalty......so clearly Williams is making the most mistakes so far this season.
I agree with you if you mean penalties as mistakes cause they are different.

You're right that Williams needs to be better and not get holding calls, unsportsmanlike and false starts however i want to comment on one of his blocks that he got called for. Somehow, Williams ended up with 2 guys to block and tried to block each with 1 hand at the same time. Not sure who missed their block but no way is responsible for 2 guys at the same time. I was ok with him holding there instead of letting a guy run free to blast Dak

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I agree with you if you mean penalties as mistakes cause they are different.

You're right that Williams needs to be better and not get holding calls, unsportsmanlike and false starts however i want to comment on one of his blocks that he got called for. Somehow, Williams ended up with 2 guys to block and tried to block each with 1 hand at the same time. Not sure who missed their block but no way is responsible for 2 guys at the same time. I was ok with him holding there instead of letting a guy run free to blast Dak

Understood but also someone posted video criticizing Biadasz getting pushed back by DT Vea (a bull rusher) in week 1 and if you watch Williams stood there with no one in front of him and not aiding Biadasz.
At the end of the day, Dallas has Pro-Bowlers on the OL in Smith and Martin but they are getting older so time will tell how things work out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys will start the player that gives them the best chance to win. therefore, the question as to who is the better player will be answered before next week.

They’ll start Collins.

Steele has played well but as to who is the better player it’s not close.

I think the only question is whether or not Dallas would think about moving Collins to guard.

They seem intent on sticking with Connor Williams even if he does get beat so badly at times that he is either in the QBs lap or holding.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Steele has worked so hard and done so well. Handing that job to a guy that hasn't proven himself this offseason to be trustworthy is dumb. Steele deserves a chance to start after the bye. He earned it. Collins needs to reprove himself IMO.
Collins was the starter, he already earned it. Fans need to watch the games closer and see all of the scheme help Moore gave Steele. He's not a better RT.

Creeper

Reaction score
Based on what? Steele has been darn near perfect.

This is not true. He has been surprisingly good, but clearly not near perfect.

I like the idea of moving Collins to LG because I'd like to see anyone more to LG, but didn't he remake he is body in the offseason to play RT? To play guard he needs to remake his body to be more squat again.

quickccc

Reaction score
its not the best 5. its the best 5 for the position.....steele is not as good as williams as a guard. I don't want collins to play guard. he was so so when he played it. although he is stronger than williams.....and he is coming off hip surgery, and hasn't played guard in 4 years.....

And the luxury could even better for us depth wise, if 4th round draftee Josh Ball can be developed in the same sense as Terrence Steele. o_O

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is not true. He has been surprisingly good, but clearly not near perfect.

I like the idea of moving Collins to LG because I'd like to see anyone more to LG, but didn't he remake he is body in the offseason to play RT? To play guard he needs to remake his body to be more squat again.

Williams is an UFA after this season while BOTH Collins and Steele are signed longer (Collins thru 2024 and Steele thru 2022) so if they are going to make some kind of move away from Williams now is the time to do it so Dallas can get a cohesive OL beyond this season given Williams will probably not be back with Dallas.

quickccc

Reaction score
I see Steele as another Jeremy Parnell 2.0
An athletic, long wingspan, rangy project that has developed very well.
Great swing depth help,

We're definitely not trading Steele in a SB drive year when depth is most crucial.
Hes' gonna be an eventual starter on another NFL team
as i can see him departing in FA for a big contract from another NFL team , and us getting an eventual comp pick.
But that's down the road in the future.

- 4th rd draftee Josh Ball could be the next athletic developing project in the waiting. Stay Tuned.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Collins is my starting LG and my new swing tackle in a pinch. In that event we can always plug in Connor Williams back at LG.
If that's what you want to believe then I encourage you to be happy by thinking that way but I'm just saying, you'll be disappointed when we get on the other side of this break in the action. La'el is the right guy to be playing RT. Understand this folk, for Steele to play RT the Cowboys have to jump through so many more hoops to make Steele look good. TE has to help that side and Zack Martin has added responsibility to help. Granted, they've been doing a good job of it but it's just something they will no longer have to do once La'el is in the RT position. I applaud Steele for the job he has done, it's nothing against that young man. La'el is just better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets reward the guy who has been working hard to improve week in and week out instead of the clown who has shown how little football and him teammates mean to him. Collins should be happy to get a shot at swing tackle duty. With Tyron he is bound to get a chance to play. Make him earn his place back in the line up. IMHO if you put him at guard be ready to deal with a massive pouty baby.
Lol! Maybe we should play the better player......what a novel idea.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Can Steele play guard

Williams has to improve because i dont like what im seeing so far

I think McGov takes over LG in 22.

Steele has earned the RT job.

Colllins hasnt played full time since 2019.

Bad hip + drugs + 30 million base = cut

DuncanIso

Reaction score
La’el may not like playing left guard but it might be the best thing for the team.

Steele has been terrific at right tackle. I’d leave that unchanged.

Yup.

Everyone remembers 2019 Collins.

2021 Collins is not the same player.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And the luxury could even better for us depth wise, if 4th round draftee Josh Ball can be developed in the same sense as Terrence Steele. o_O
if that's the case, then we could potentially walk away from Collins or when time comes and steele gets a large offer (perhaps assuming here), then we can have our swing tackle

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If that's what you want to believe then I encourage you to be happy by thinking that way but I'm just saying, you'll be disappointed when we get on the other side of this break in the action. La'el is the right guy to be playing RT. Understand this folk, for Steele to play RT the Cowboys have to jump through so many more hoops to make Steele look good. TE has to help that side and Zack Martin has added responsibility to help. Granted, they've been doing a good job of it but it's just something they will no longer have to do once La'el is in the RT position. I applaud Steele for the job he has done, it's nothing against that young man. La'el is just better.

@Rayman70 :)

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the PFF grades on Steele vs Collins? I would be curious.

Big Nate said there isn’t even a comparison and Collins should be back in. I trust his opinion much more than my own.

I am most concerned that we are going to regret not taking action at LG and C until after our hearts are torn out in a big time game. I wonder, if we traded for a stud center, whether Williams would be OK. Anyone know his PFF grade?

plasticman

Reaction score
They’ll start Collins.

Steele has played well but as to who is the better player it’s not close.

I think the only question is whether or not Dallas would think about moving Collins to guard.

They seem intent on sticking with Connor Williams even if he does get beat so badly at times that he is either in the QBs lap or holding.
I think it will be Collins as well but I'm not positive because I'm not positive about exactly who makes the decision. I'm not real trusting of the Cowboys authority structure.

I believe that Collins didn't do anything on the field to earn a demotion. He was playing very well, perhaps even worthy of Pro Bowl recognition in 2019, before he was out for 2020. He seemed to be playing well before his suspension.

There is a difference in ability between the two, Collins is better despite Steele's improvement. I remember the bar was set at Steele not sucking and getting Dak killed.

He is playing better than expected, We all appreciate that, I'm sure., However, I didn't hear anyone claim that he was the this season's 1st team All Pro at the position. Playing better doesn't necessarily translate to playing better than Collins.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think it will be Collins as well but I'm not positive because I'm not positive about exactly who makes the decision. I'm not real trusting of the Cowboys authority structure.

I believe that Collins didn't do anything on the field to earn a demotion. He was playing very well, perhaps even worthy of Pro Bowl recognition in 2019, before he was out for 2020. He seemed to be playing well before his suspension.

There is a difference in ability between the two, Collins is better despite Steele's improvement. I remember the bar was set at Steele not sucking and getting Dak killed.

He is playing better than expected, We all appreciate that, I'm sure., However, I didn't hear anyone claim that he was the this season's 1st team All Pro at the position. Playing better doesn't necessarily translate to playing better than Collins.

Nice post.

I just keep coming back to the same thing. Are we better with Steele at RT and Collins at LG.

Also, I think people assume Steele is the swing tackle and I don’t think that’s the case. I think Dallas views him as a RT only. I may be wrong though.