Steele having his best camp as a Cowboy

Proof

Reaction score
He'll rebound this year and half the board can eat crow. He was playing really well before the injury. It would be nice to see a return to form.
i doubt anyone will eat crow. he’s already underperformed his contract. if he turns things around and regains form, he may live up to it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mike would say that.

But I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about him so I guess that’s a plus.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll rebound this year and half the board can eat crow. He was playing really well before the injury. It would be nice to see a return to form.
More than half! Some of us said we would see a different Steele this year. So I'm not surprised we are. It was obvious his knee was still bothering him last year but he was playing better the last part of the year. Remember all those threads piling on him saying he should be cut and his replacement needed to be drafted?

T-RO

Reaction score
i doubt anyone will eat crow. he’s already underperformed his contract. if he turns things around and regains form, he may live up to it.
He wasn't as good last year but I'll say this much:
Including special teams, Steele played 1,360 snaps last year. That's MORE THAN ANYONE on the team, and by a big margin.

CWR

Reaction score
Steele should have been on IR for the first half of the season; he was a liability.
There has now been enough time for him to fully rehab.
That's the terrible spot these guys get put in. The ones that tough it out and play through crap put out bad film and are roasted for it. The ones who refuse and rest are called soft. Not that I feel sorry for any pro athletes, but it's just an unwinnable position at times.

75boyz

Reaction score
Man, I'm not gonna lie, this is good news. I totally enjoy watching our team have a dominating oline run game.

IF McFraud and staff could just figure out whatever blocking scheme they're gonna use and possibly get some speed in the backfield from another team's cuts...

Then at at least we could resemble some kinda balance on offense and not 40 throws a game.
"Run the damn ball and rest the defense."
It's what he said 2 years ago. It's why he fired Moore.
I'm still waiting.

But if Coach Jones don't hurry up and sign CD the other team is gonna stack the box and take their chances with Cooks and Tolbert in man to man.
And unfortunately, when teams have forced us into that type situation in the past, we always get beat.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He wasn't as good last year but I'll say this much:
Including special teams, Steele played 1,360 snaps last year. That's MORE THAN ANYONE on the team, and by a big margin.
To be fair, pro football ref lists his AV rating at 10 last season.

His best season ever.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There here and now says the starting guards and starting tackles are here and now ready for a strong offensive season. Paint this fan ready. I'm ready for Bebee to grow right there with this group at center!

T-RO

Reaction score
To be fair, pro football ref lists his AV rating at 10 last season.

His best season ever.
I suspect the sheer volume of snaps boosted his AV rating. As for the quality of his play I suspect PFF got it right...it dipped last year. He was mauling in the run game in 2022, but we just didn't see that as much last year.

I'm looking for a nice bounce back. Glad Steele is on our team.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
To me that's one of the most important things to watch this year. If Steele can find his pre injury form and lock down the right side, it would be an absolute milestone.

The o line is actually one of the few things, I'm looking forward to watching this season. Besides our secondary, Ferguson making the last steps to greatness and Aubrey having another stellar season.

75boyz

Reaction score
To me that's one of the most important things to watch this year. If Steele can find his pre injury form and lock down the right side, it would be an absolute milestone.

The o line is actually one of the few things, I'm looking forward to watching this season. Besides our secondary, Ferguson making the last steps to greatness and Aubrey having another stellar season.
Totally agree.
And you summed up the potential team positives that I am interested in seeing as well.

Im not the most optimistic fan of this year's team but if we return to having a dominant offensive line, then we will be in every ball game. And at least that's something.

But again, nice post.