Steele having his best camp as a Cowboy

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
That's the terrible spot these guys get put in. The ones that tough it out and play through crap put out bad film and are roasted for it. The ones who refuse and rest are called soft. Not that I feel sorry for any pro athletes, but it's just an unwinnable position at times.
Very well said! And he concurs.

"Yeah, definitely. It's my fifth year now and every year is supposed to get better and better and better," Steele said. "It just feels like I'm growing under this process. I definitely feel like it's my best camp for sure."
And he certainly wouldn't have said that last year, especially after he was coming off a torn ACL injury he suffered the previous December.
But Steele admits he didn't have his best season, but that's also understandable considering how quick he returned from the injury.
"I was six months removed from surgery," Steele said of last year. "I had some ups and downs but who doesn't coming back from injury as fast as I did. People my size usually don't come back that fast. I'm proud of myself for what I did. I didn't miss a snap, and didn't miss a practice."
But this year, Steele is expecting an even better season.
"I feel awesome … 100 percent healthy," he said. "I'm moving great … knee doesn't bother me at all. I'm just happy to be healthy and continue to stay that way."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/steele-mccarthy-agree-on-his-best-camp-so-far

This should shut this thread down. How anyone can have a problem with this, I don’t understand.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Steele will bounce back and have a solid season. He's a hardworking player, which is probably why he was able to come back fairly quickly from his injury. He's never going to be perfect as a pass blocker, but he can be more than adequate there while shining as a run blocker.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well if Jerry still believed the window for a championship was still open for this team after the first couple of games or so, he must fill the holes before the trade deadline.

We all know he won't, but he has to give Dak a solid run game to work with then. I really doubt the RBs we have at the moment can fullfil this need.

Proof

Reaction score
He wasn't as good last year but I'll say this much:
Including special teams, Steele played 1,360 snaps last year. That's MORE THAN ANYONE on the team, and by a big margin.
interesting. thanks.

Proof

Reaction score
He was injured. It's not like he's been sitting out, perfectly healthy, and playing like crap.
ok? and? the angst is the money spent, the injury, and the decline due to injury. that's not his fault, but it would take a massive turnaround at this point for the contract to be well spent. and i just don't see anyone eating crow over it.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Unless you are doing something stupid off the field and get injured, then one should not blame a player for that. Look at Sean Lee. Others like him that play their hearts out but keep getting injured.
It was not his fault he got injured; and it was CERTAINLY not his fault that the team sent him out early in last season when he SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON IR.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
ok? and? the angst is the money spent, the injury, and the decline due to injury. that's not his fault, but it would take a massive turnaround at this point for the contract to be well spent. and i just don't see anyone eating crow over it.
I'm just saying that the guy getting injured does not make it a bad contract. Those things aren't really foreseeable. That's like saying extending Diggs was bad because he got hurt. His play will also likely see a decline this coming season. Just because the guy is deemed healthy by a doctor and they are back out on the field does not mean their play immediately picks up right where they left off. If he is not good again this season then we can start talking about how resigning him was likely not a good thing to do.

Proof

Reaction score
I'm just saying that the guy getting injured does not make it a bad contract. Those things aren't really foreseeable. That's like saying extending Diggs was bad because he got hurt. His play will also likely see a decline this coming season. Just because the guy is deemed healthy by a doctor and they are back out on the field does not mean their play immediately picks up right where they left off. If he is not good again this season then we can start talking about how resigning him was likely not a good thing to do.
yeah i agree, I'm just saying most peoples opinions are due to the circumstances. i don't recall many being upset when he was signed (but i could be wrong) so just don't know where the eat crow stuff comes from.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this line can create some holes then I think this will really benefit Duece because he can make things happen if he has a little daylight.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am happy for Steel and I am glad he looks to be back to his old self.

But man I will be glad when some of these players have their best playoff performances instead of camp performances

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
But if Coach Jones don't hurry up and sign CD the other team is gonna stack the box and take their chances with Cooks and Tolbert in man to man.
And unfortunately, when teams have forced us into that type situation in the past, we always get beat.
Right now I feel WRs unit is the weakest unit on the team we have with CeeDee not signed. RBs is the next weakest unit. Not having CeeDee will weaken not only the offence, but also eventually weaken the defence.

CeeDee is part of the "complementary football" equation.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If the influx of youth improves our power from center to LT & Steele returns fully to form, there will be some running lanes. Steele is a devastating run blocker when healthy.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Steele should have been on IR for the first half of the season; he was a liability.
There has now been enough time for him to fully rehab.
Pro football ref has his AV at 10 for 2023.

His best ever.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Those knee injuries can happen anytime.

At camp yesterday, almost all the OL were not wearing braces.

I say almost, because I didn’t see any of the OL with braces on.

I think that is ridiculous.

Why take a chance in practice?

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's the terrible spot these guys get put in. The ones that tough it out and play through crap put out bad film and are roasted for it. The ones who refuse and rest are called soft. Not that I feel sorry for any pro athletes, but it's just an unwinnable position at times.
Sure. I’ll agree with that.

I just also think fans were rightfully upset at times last season when Steele was legit costing them games with his bad play. Knee injury or not if a player is on the field the fans have a right to expect good play.

It’s more so the front offices fault for having crap depth at tackle last season.

Reactions: CWR