Steele may not be ready for training camp

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If this is true.......we could be looking at mid-season getting the real Steele back. Even if he's ready, do you trust him to start the season at a high level......I don't.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I would be surprised if he is ready at the start of camp.

I hope he is ready at the end of Preseason.

John813

Reaction score
Bust.

No surprise. He tore a lot and he's a big dude. I'll be amazed if he's ready in September.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This shuffling makes me nervous......why waste time with Tyron at LT. We know what he can do.........fix the RT position

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
No need to worry In the 2nd round Dallas drafted Torrence....wait what?.. a TE with a bum foot?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They either do not like what they are seeing from the Left Guard candidates (Farniok, Edoga) OR they do not like what they are seeing from Tyron at Right Tackle.

If Steele is truly not ready, my guess is the plan is Matt Waletzko and if he doesn't step up, they get on the phone with the 41-year old Jason Peters.

conner01

Reaction score
He was never gonna play much in camp anyway
As long as he’s ready to start the season we will be fine
My concern is LG, because that affects everything. Tyron could play RT if Steele isn’t ready but then who plays LG? Smith would play LT
That’s why I wanted a starter quality guard and hopefully there is one in the guys we have because the likelihood of smith playing guard 17 games is slim with Tyron starting at either tackle spot

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I suggested this all off season. His injury is not one he will just go back into the starting position.

Knotamus

Reaction score
If this is true.......we could be looking at mid-season getting the real Steele back. Even if he's ready, do you trust him to start the season at a high level......I don't.
Makes since why they have Tyron at RT and Tyler at LT.

Now people can argue amongst themselves as to which Smith should be where.

Good news: Steele may be ready about the time Tyron has his yearly injury

rambo2

Reaction score
They either do not like what they are seeing from the Left Guard candidates (Farniok, Edoga) OR they do not like what they are seeing from Tyron at Right Tackle.

If Steele is truly not ready, my guess is the plan is Matt Waletzko and if he doesn't step up, they get on the phone with the 41-year old Jason Peters.
Or they like Tyron, Tyler, and Matt W.

rambo2

Reaction score
Tyron was at Right Tackle and Tyler was at Left Tackle in the first OTA's. With the news that Steele may not be ready, why would they move them if they are happy with them?
Maybe they think this is their best lineup right now.