Twitter: Steele to be swing tackle this year

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
First off get over it, he can say it however he wants and doesn't need you or any other fans approval or respects. it is how he chose to answer a question, your reaction and egomaniacal attitude are far worse. Jerrys not forcing you to be fans.

dumpster fires don't win at a high win % and the cowboys do without or without a lot of consistent playoff success, this team is far from being thought of as a dumpster fire. the fan base mostly made of of giant bag of Burning poop, maybe that the smell you are smelling , its in your own house every time you open your mouth with terrible opinions... seriously the nerve.

Garrett may not have been great but he was far from dumper fire look at his win loss record. you might have piss poor perception of what trash and a burning dumpster look like. have we been average at times, sure but trash is bottom 10 teams in this league, bad is bottom 16, above that line is average and the DCs have been top 10 in win % for long time regardless of the playoff failures. MM has his skins nothing to prove to you.. hes already made this team pay its best stretch of football since the mid 90s..

you want trash go look at the win% say over the last decade and go way down the page from the Cowboys and then you can go be fan of real trash team and see how that feels.

OK BILL Parcells picked Carter, please stop acting like Jerry makes all the picks and decisions. He DOES NOT..Carter not much different then say players like Brissett, Tyrod taylor, who teams still trying to make them their starter. BTW things have changed from 25yeasrs ago. if you haven't noticed maybe open your eyes,

Bad decisions like say teams choosing brandon weeden, Mayfield, zach wilson, trey lance, davis carr, tim couch, ryan leaf and 100s of others..it happens. this place always thinks Jerry and the Cowboys are alone in making few bad player evals. bad contracts are league wide issue, not Cowboy issue especially at QB
You are almost all alone my friend. Very, very few people in the know would try and defend Jerry Jones and his last 28 years of managing the Cowboys OR Jason Garrett and his 9.5 years as head coach. Perhaps some of their relatives might or perhaps someone on the Jones payroll. Other than that there are very few of you.

It almost goes without saying that any GM who did NOT own the team would have been canned long ago by his owner.

MikeT22

Reaction score
OK BILL Parcells picked Carter, please stop acting like Jerry makes all the picks and decisions. He DOES NOT..Carter not much different then say players like Brissett, Tyrod taylor, who teams still trying to make them their starter. BTW things have changed from 25yeasrs ago. if you haven't noticed maybe open your eyes,

Bad decisions like say teams choosing brandon weeden, Mayfield, zach wilson, trey lance, davis carr, tim couch, ryan leaf and 100s of others..it happens. this place always thinks Jerry and the Cowboys are alone in making few bad player evals. bad contracts are league wide issue, not Cowboy issue especially at QB
Jerry drafted Quincy in 2001…Parcells wasn’t hired until 2003.

Jerry is a buffoon.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It should be Tyron Smith LT, Tyler Smith LG, and Steele RT

We're making the same mistake with Tyler we did with Collins. Tyler has higher upside as a guard than he does LT. This essentially comes down to, do you want a good LT or do you want an all-pro guard?

starfan1

Reaction score
I disagree. I'm a fan of Steele's but Tyron is still the better player if healthy. Now, I realize Tyron's health is far from guaranteed to hold out the whole season, but that's exactly why a quality swing tackle is important.
it’s not only that I have 0 faith in Tyron it’s also the fact of moving Tyler again and relying on the unknown at guard

I also admittedly don’t know how Steele will return

Guard better be 1st or second round and DT whichever round guard isn’t

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it’s not only that I have 0 faith in Tyron it’s also the fact of moving Tyler again and relying on the unknown at guard

I also admittedly don’t know how Steele will return

Guard better be 1st or second round and DT whichever round guard isn’t
But Steele being the swing tackle means Tyron and Tyler would be the starting tackles, so Tyler wouldn't move. I think it means they are planning to find an alternative at OG

starfan1

Reaction score
But Steele being the swing tackle means Tyron and Tyler would be the starting tackles, so Tyler wouldn't move. I think it means they are planning to find an alternative at OG
is that the plan I thought they were putting Tyron back to left tackle

Smith22

Reaction score
Steele needs to be the RT. Hopefully this is just a pre-draft smokescreen......

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What does Jerry Jones know? He cannot evaluate players. He has proven that time and again. These type decisions should be left up to the coaching staff.
True. But...

1. It's possible that he's just repeating what he's been told.

2. Or It's also possible that these decisions are coming from the GM office to suppress Steele's value in the open market.

I'm critical of Jerry, but I kind of doubt it's the second option. He's too loyal to the players.

But as I always say in theses threads... Just shut-up, Jerry.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score

The thing with Steele is that half the time he's going to look like he did in 2021, and the other half he looks like a Pro Bowler.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is that the plan I thought they were putting Tyron back to left tackle
Jerry said Steele was going to be the swing tackle, so if that's accurate I would think they would gp back to Tyron at RT and Tyler at LT like they did after Steele got hurt.