Twitter: Steele to be swing tackle this year

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I would start the season Tyron-Tyler-Biadasz-Martin-Steele and then regroup by week 3 once Tyron is on the injury report.

mardwin

Reaction score
The good news is, Tyler will stay at left tackle and we are probably going to draft a guard at 26
That's the sensible thing. Tyler is the long-term solution at LT who had a great rookie year, moving him to guard would have been a mistake.

blueblood70

Reaction score

6 months before game 1, this means nothings. Its just feeling he has on how it could play out. Jerry will not be the ultimate decision maker on a starting lineup, never has, my gut says this has been discussed in meetings with coaches and if Steele isn't 100% ready, 77 will start , they might use 77 at RT for few games and let Steele work his way back, ultimately its Steeles position, we all know this.

Jerrys just sharing too much as usual but his i guaranteed is how the coaches have been discussing this situation and jerry just reposting what hes hearing; please don't say Jerry controls who plays and how much they play, its never been true but he is in on meetings and as usual, shares too much,

blueblood70

Reaction score
What does Jerry Jones know? He cannot evaluate players. He has proven that time and again. These type decisions should be left up to the coaching staff.
He knows what being discussed in meetings, hes not the decision maker but sharing what this point the general plan at RT..and? I bet he was asked how they are going to handle the LG positions and it led to a comment then gets around and now being overreacted too, as usual.? yes, he talks a lot but he is in on all these meetings as a GM not the owner and juts as of today, its what's being discussed.

Jerry never has and will never decide who plays, starts, and how many snaps they play, that's an old false narrative.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In what world is our best OL not starting all 3. This is just moronic
the world that see 77 as older and he needs to be the swing for longevity and depth, that claim(Jerry making roster decisions now, isn't the truth that will become clear after camp) will change in 6months when they know steeles ready and a New LG is the best lineup..sorry it is..that world is admitting much like zeke , tyron is no longer the same player.,

Tyler-newLG-TB-Martin-Steele

77 is swing T
Farniok swing g/C

and one of these new guys like chonga or the like will compete for LG spt with a sfratee

sorry that what most will see , not the names onthe backl of jerseys, the fuiture,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd be leaning toward getting a C to backup the interior oline and replace Biadasz in 2014.

All due respect to Martin, but G is just not a premier position to spend a 1st on unless another Martin drops into our lap.
Same problem, though. You don't spend an early-round pick on a player you are expecting to start out as a backup, especially when you team build like we do because we have too many positions where we need immediate help that we don't really get qualitywise out of free agency.

I consider first- and second-rounders players that have to play immediately and make an impact. Third- and fourth-rounders are players you hope can develop into starters in a year or two. Fifth round on are players you hope can develop into starters, but are generally going to just be contributors/backups. Expectations for some are that you find starters in every round, but that doesn't happen. Some early-rounders wash out and some late-rounders step up, but you're not going to hit on all of them no matter how good you are at drafting.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
He knows what being discussed in meetings, hes not the decision maker but sharing what this point the general plan at RT..and? I bet he was asked how they are going to handle the LG positions and it led to a comment then gets around and now being overreacted too, as usual.? yes, he talks a lot but he is in on all these meetings as a GM not the owner and juts as of today, its what's being discussed.

Jerry never has and will never decide who plays, starts, and how many snaps they play, that's an old false narrative.
Jones has a long history of being a poor evaluator of players going all the way to at least Quincy Carter. Everyone knows that and most of us accept it. He also has a poor record with hiring of head coaches. He hit the jackpot with Johnson but then played a big part in that blowing up early. He did hire Parcells but that did not last long. Otherwise it has been a dumpster fire at HC including 9.5 years of Jason Garrett (jury still out on MM however). He just does not know much about players or coaches abilities.

If he would be a man and preface comments like the one being discussed here with something like "the coaches think Steel...." or "in meetings I am hearing that Steele..." then we posters would respect that. But Jerry is not man enough to do that. He is too arrogant.

plasticman

Reaction score
As a backup, you should expect Steele to start more often than Tyron Smith.

I predict that Tyron won't be able to start the regular season due to "back issues".

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Same problem, though. You don't spend an early-round pick on a player you are expecting to start out as a backup, especially when you team build like we do because we have too many positions where we need immediate help that we don't really get qualitywise out of free agency.

I consider first- and second-rounders players that have to play immediately and make an impact. Third- and fourth-rounders are players you hope can develop into starters in a year or two. Fifth round on are players you hope can develop into starters, but are generally going to just be contributors/backups. Expectations for some are that you find starters in every round, but that doesn't happen. Some early-rounders wash out and some late-rounders step up, but you're not going to hit on all of them no matter how good you are at drafting.
I wouldn't spend a first for a guy to sit, but a year as a backup to groom, that's fine after the 1st. Oline isn't like the rest of the team. They don't rotate. Not like other positions. More like QBs. You stick with the starters and only go with backups when the starters *can't* go.
Getting a "project specimen" is Jerry's way to do things. High ceiling and requires development over low ceiling but ready to play. If there is a project specimen who will *miss the season for injury* and not get a vested year, we're next to guaranteed to pick him up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jones has a long history of being a poor evaluator of players going all the way to at least Quincy Carter. Everyone knows that and most of us accept it. He also has a poor record with hiring of head coaches. He hit the jackpot with Johnson but then played a big part in that blowing up early. He did hire Parcells but that did not last long. Otherwise it has been a dumpster fire at HC including 9.5 years of Jason Garrett (jury still out on MM however). He just does not know much about players or coaches abilities.

If he would be a man and preface comments like the one being discussed here with something like "the coaches think Steel...." or "in meetings I am hearing that Steele..." then we posters would respect that. But Jerry is not man enough to do that. He is too arrogant.
First off get over it, he can say it however he wants and doesn't need you or any other fans approval or respects. it is how he chose to answer a question, your reaction and egomaniacal attitude are far worse. Jerrys not forcing you to be fans.

dumpster fires don't win at a high win % and the cowboys do without or without a lot of consistent playoff success, this team is far from being thought of as a dumpster fire. the fan base mostly made of of giant bag of Burning poop, maybe that the smell you are smelling , its in your own house every time you open your mouth with terrible opinions... seriously the nerve.

Garrett may not have been great but he was far from dumper fire look at his win loss record. you might have piss poor perception of what trash and a burning dumpster look like. have we been average at times, sure but trash is bottom 10 teams in this league, bad is bottom 16, above that line is average and the DCs have been top 10 in win % for long time regardless of the playoff failures. MM has his skins nothing to prove to you.. hes already made this team pay its best stretch of football since the mid 90s..

you want trash go look at the win% say over the last decade and go way down the page from the Cowboys and then you can go be fan of real trash team and see how that feels.

OK BILL Parcells picked Carter, please stop acting like Jerry makes all the picks and decisions. He DOES NOT..Carter not much different then say players like Brissett, Tyrod taylor, who teams still trying to make them their starter. BTW things have changed from 25yeasrs ago. if you haven't noticed maybe open your eyes,

Bad decisions like say teams choosing brandon weeden, Mayfield, zach wilson, trey lance, davis carr, tim couch, ryan leaf and 100s of others..it happens. this place always thinks Jerry and the Cowboys are alone in making few bad player evals. bad contracts are league wide issue, not Cowboy issue especially at QB

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Anything said now is just talk. This sort of thing is exactly what training camp is for. Even if all three stay exclusively at T, Steele will see the field plenty if he is fully healthy and playing at the same level as before. Why would you not give Tyron significant breathers to help him stay healthy and playing his best when you have a guy like Steele? I trust they will have some sort of rotation going on. Tyron is the high priced veteran who deserves respect so I’m glad Jerry didn’t come out and proclaim him the swing T!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is delusional it is Tyron that needs to be swing tackle
I disagree. I'm a fan of Steele's but Tyron is still the better player if healthy. Now, I realize Tyron's health is far from guaranteed to hold out the whole season, but that's exactly why a quality swing tackle is important.