Steelers | Cowher on the cover for new EA 'NFL Head Coach' game

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
There was a game for the Macintosh years ago like this and it was lights out fun. You could create entire playbooks and then call the plays in-game, set the depth chart, etc. You don't need to be controlling the players to have fun. I can't wait to check this out, could be real cool.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
i would think so because it would be boring not to

Actually, many including myself believe that coach mode is better than actually playing the games. It makes you think and work harder because the players have to execute the calls you make. When actually playing the games, it gets boring to me because I always end up blowing the other team out and it isn't much competition, without the CPU getting an unfair advantage. Coach mode is the best way to get a real game with even competiton between user and cpu. If I control the RB or QB myself, I know I can pull a 30+yard TD out at will most of the time, but in coach mode, you better learn to read what is going on if you want to win. NFL 2k5 coach mode is delivering big time still, with the updated rosters and all, but I will give Head Coach a try. From what I have seen so far, it is a winner.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Raneiron#31 said:
out of curiosity what was your bad xp with BF2?

I would understand if it was a console version of BF2 with the lag/freezing/cheating and such. The only problems I have with BF2 for PC is lag from other people using the Internet in my house or compatability issues with hardware. BF2 is a game I love to play whenever I have time, and that is like never.

phildominator

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
There was a game for the Macintosh years ago like this and it was lights out fun. You could create entire playbooks and then call the plays in-game, set the depth chart, etc. You don't need to be controlling the players to have fun. I can't wait to check this out, could be real cool.

Look up the Front Office Football series. Like Championship Manager (for soccer and a wildly popular game in Europe), you manage the draft, free agency, trades, lineups, etc.

It's similar to Madden's Franchise Mode, but FOF has much, much, much, much more detail. Only drawbacks are that you can't play the plays (you only call them) and it's all text-based. There are no graphics of any sort.

Check out the website. The latest version is FOF 2004. Coincidentally, FOF 2 was actually sold by EA themselves.

http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.phphttp://www.solecismic.com/

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
parcells is not in madden because he, for whatever reason, isn't part of the NFLPA.

and the rights to players and coaches is through it.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
S....O.....B!

This just ruined what was a very good day.

I thought of this idea when I was a junior in highschool(5 years ago).

I think I'll go and shoot myself now.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I know I would love this game. I love the offseason, free agency, the draft, all of it. I wonder if you get to watch "film" of college prospects. I am sure that there will be a scouting dept that will be given so much dollars or points to spend on evaluating talent.

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
This reminds of an old computer game where u just picked the plays and watched the x's and o's run the play. Sounds fun. I know I used to love playing that old game. U can talk just as much trash just callin the plays as u can actually playing.

BroGreg

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Geez, wonderful ... another innovation from EA to rape the consumers.

This game is nothing more than Madden franchise mode with some added bells and whistles.

Man, EA really knows how to rob it's customers. Look out for the new Madden 07 ... with the new added feature of turning OFF the QB flashlight.

Amazing. EA's the only company who can get away with selling the SAME game, with a different cover, for the past 7 years.

Well said!!! :bow:

I rented the game for a month to compare it to ESPN NFLK series.
Madden had some nice options, but the game sucks.
The vision cone is a joke. I could see it being used in practice mode, but during the game it is nothing more than a distraction.

I didn't care for the animations.
When they go to the line the linemen all look like they are in an exaggerated low crunch stance. I don't want to go any further with that one because this would get deleted.

I didn't buy and don't intend on buying now especially when they force the consumer to buy it by purchasing an exclusive license.

Given the right crew I could/might put out a better game without all the NFL names. Because people are fixed on that rather than developing their own team Madden gets to people.

It tickles me how many fans jump from one team to another depending on how easier it is for them to win. So many patriots fans. I guess there will be a ton of Steeler fans now that they will have the elevated stats, huh.

:star: