Steelers Defense is amazing to watch

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398716 said:
Good, I'm tired of teaching you the same things over and over again.

:lmao2: it's hilarious how you believe you've taught me anything

in fact bringing up an argument where you lost

but anyhoo, Pittsburgh D >>> Dallas D

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2398553 said:
And they had 0.

The only thing they have that I wish we had was a healthy secondary and some consistency.

I'll take Hampton, Farrior and Foote - that would fix our run defense.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398680 said:
But you do. It's clearly a part of what they're asked to do -- rush the passer. This isn't a debatable topic.

What you're trying to say is that they shouldn't be measured the same as a 4-3 team.

no, I'm saying you can't look at how many sacks a 3-4 Dline has, and make a determinant on them alone

they're not just asked to rush the passer, they're also asked to contain and hold blockers so that all 4 LBs can make plays

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398717 said:
:lmao2: it's hilarious how you believe you've taught me anything

in fact bringing up an argument where you lost

but anyhoo, Pittsburgh D >>> Dallas D
Pssst...I never argued that the Pittsburgh defense wasn't better.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398727 said:
no, I'm saying you can't look at how many sacks a 3-4 Dline has, and make a determinant on them alone

they're not just asked to rush the passer, they're also asked to contain and hold blockers so that all 4 LBs can make plays
Pssst....I never said you should look at their sacks alone.

Notice a recurring theme? Try Hooked on Phonics, Bob.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398729 said:
Pssst...I never argued that the Pittsburgh defense wasn't better.

so you just brought up how they did better against New York in getting after the QB, for...

****s and giggles?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398731 said:
Pssst....I never said you should look at their sacks alone.

Notice a recurring theme? Try Hooked on Phonics, Bob.

all you've been bringing up his how they only have 2 sacks, you just glossed over how great they are at defending against the run, largely made responsible by that front 3

I like how you dance around though

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398733 said:
so you just brought up how they did better against New York in getting after the QB, for...?
To put their defense into perspective. We can be as good as they are with the talent we have. We played absolutely dominating football sporadically early in the season, then did it against Tampa Bay. Again, we have the talent. We just need (i) our offense to stay on the field, (ii) our offense to stop turning the ball over deep in our own territory, (iii) some consistency.

With Tony and Newman back, and Spencer getting more playing time, I think we'll see more urgency and a dominating defense.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398739 said:
To put their defense into perspective. We can be as good as they are with the talent we have. We played absolutely dominating football sporadically early in the season, then did it against Tampa Bay. Again, we have the talent. We just need (i) our offense to stay on the field, (ii) our offense to stop turning the ball over deep in our own territory, (iii) some consistency.

With Tony and Newman back, and Spencer getting more playing time, I think we'll see more urgency and a dominating defense.

I don't know man, we're working w/ 1 man on the line instead of 3, essentially

and our team speed isn't great

safeties are terrible

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398737 said:
all you've been bringing up his how they only have 2 sacks, you just glossed over how great they are at defending against the run, largely made responsible by that front 3

I like how you dance around though
You have trouble reading the words in my posts and comprehending them before you make your retort. Try slowing down.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398746 said:
You have trouble reading the words in my posts and comprehending them before you make your retort. Try slowing down.

no, you're just being intentionally vague, and are talking out of both sides, so you can "get me"

it's a little game you play because you always feel the need to one-up me

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398743 said:
I don't know man, we're working w/ 1 man on the line instead of 3, essentially

and our team speed isn't great

safeties are terrible
Hamlin isn't terrible. He's been playing with 2 rookies and Davis/Brown/Watkins at the other safety spot -- and he's been playing admirably despite that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398750 said:
no, you're just being intentionally vague, and are talking out of both sides, so you can "get me"
Actually, you're playing the "got you" game. The only problem is your "got yous" are based on things I didn't even say.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398752 said:
Hamlin isn't terrible. He's been playing with 2 rookies and Davis/Brown/Watkins at the other safety spot -- and he's been playing admirably despite that.

:laugh2: no he hasn't

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398758 said:
:laugh2: no he hasn't
remember who you're talking to here. the same guy who thinks Wade has had a better coaching career than Parcells.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2398763 said:
remember who you're talking to here. the same guy who thinks Wade has had a better coaching career than Parcells.
I said that? Link?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398762 said:
Good argument. You "got me."

have you seen the missed tackles?

how about that TD where Hamlin let the guy run right in front of him? this Sunday, I think it was the 2nd TD pass

Rampage;2398763 said:

no crap

anyone who sticks up for Wade should be pimp-slapped to the ground and then curb-stomped, brought back to life, and shot

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398765 said:
I said that? Link?

Parcells couldn't sniff Wade's jock in terms of coaching a football team. The guy stayed in base 3-4 defenses against 5 receiver sets. Idiotic.

Now, in terms of assembling talent, who knows, as Wade's never really done that.

you are implying that wade is a better coach than parcells. now go and spin it bo-bo