Steelers Defense is amazing to watch

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2398778 said:
Parcells couldn't sniff Wade's jock in terms of coaching a football team. The guy stayed in base 3-4 defenses against 5 receiver sets. Idiotic.

Now, in terms of assembling talent, who knows, as Wade's never really done that.

you are implying that wade is a better coach than parcells. now go and spin it bo-bo
Right now, he is a better coach.

That's not saying he's had a better coaching career.

Try REEEEEAAAALLL hard to comprehend the difference.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2398491 said:
WOW!!!:eek:

That is what a defense looks like. I enjoy just watching them play. I hope one day Our defense can play even half this good.

Much respect to the steelers Coaching staff and players. Wade should put this tape for our defense so they can see how soft and pathetic they really are.

Our front seven has only 1 player that could play on their front 7, and that's Ware....it's not just scheme...ours ain't as good as theirs, and we need to do something about it this offseason.

Everson24

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2398675 said:
The Pittsburgh defense is playing a level or two above the Dallas defense. The point isn't even debatable. However, is Pittsburgh's personnel really that that much better than Dallas's personnel? Seriously?

The Steelers do not have a player of Demarcus Ware's caliber in their front seven, and Jay Ratliff is at least as disruptive as any player along the Steeler front.

What gives?

The Steelers practice in pads and hit in training camp. They develop that attitude early and build on it.
We try to keep from getting hurt by not hitting and generally play a more conservative bend but dont break scheme and it shows up in our lack of toughness.

What really irks me is that we always seem to get more injuries than the Steelers do anyway.

stiletto

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2398491 said:
WOW!!!:eek:

That is what a defense looks like. I enjoy just watching them play. I hope one day Our defense can play even half this good.

Much respect to the steelers Coaching staff and players. Wade should put this tape for our defense so they can see how soft and pathetic they really are.

The Pittsburgh D gets there the "fast-est" with the "most-est". Our D gets there the "slow-est with the "least-est"....:rolleyes: If it were WWII we could easily be called the "French National Defense".

30yrheel

Reaction score
i was envious of both defenses, the skins play tough even with no real stars on their team

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
wayne motley;2399048 said:
Our front seven has only 1 player that could play on their front 7, and that's Ware....it's not just scheme...ours ain't as good as theirs, and we need to do something about it this offseason.
There's somebody that gets it. Outside of Ware, nobody on our defense would start on their Front 7, maybe Ratliff cause I think he's a 3-4 end.

30yrheel

Reaction score
parcells316;2399188 said:
There's somebody that gets it. Outside of Ware, nobody on our defense would start on their Front 7, maybe Ratliff cause I think he's a 3-4 end.

correct. people need to get off this "we're so talented, 13 pro-bowlers" crap.
just watch the games. we're not that talented, and with worse coaching than almost every team.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It's Casey Hampton that makes a big difference, plus Pittsburgh is a lot faster and their players seem to know the Defense, not like ours were we are yelling at each other to get in the right positions and they have less blown coverages in the Secondary.