Steelers LB Lamar Woodley on Sirius

Boysboy

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2458332 said:
im talking to my homeboy who is a die hard fan....he said Woodley did not say this...and he is a quite guy...

Well-yeah, that's what I said earlier in this thread-it was one of the Steelers bloggers on their board that wrote this...what probably happened was that after he heard the interview, he just typed what he remembered, and ended up rewording some things accidentally(I do it all the time). If anything, Woodley probably said, "We need all 11 guys to swarm Romo, and not 2".

The whole purpose of the thread I made here was to show that the Steelers seem to be peaking at the right time and are probably not the same team that faced and lost to the Eagles and Giants earlier, not try to dig for BB material.

Reaction score
As my father told me, actions are louder than words... We have guys on defense that LOVE to hit, I know 3 or 4 by first name basis. Chris, Jay, Demarcus and Bradie.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
My boss is a Steelers fan.

A loss and I might just be looking for a new job.

Big D

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2457873 said:
All their losses came against teams that feature a solid running game. Two of them are NFC East teams. The only NFC-East team they beat were the one-dimensional Commanders. They keyed on Portis and the Commanders had nothing else to throw at them. But the Eagles and Giants came with more. Dallas will do the same. No way will Pitt split with the NFC_East. I'm not at all worried.

:hammer:

What he said!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2458431 said:
My boss is a Steelers fan.

A loss and I might just be looking for a new job.

If we win on Sunday, just give him the finga!!!

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2457878 said:
Well-remember all the BB material Jon Kitna gave us last year. The Lions still kicked us a good one in the teeth, but they showed their true colors at the end by finding a dozen ways to blow it.

Well it didn't help that our players responded back to him. In fact, I think our defensive player started talking first which led to one of Kitna's oline calling him classless, I believe. That motivated them to try to win that game. Point is, if anyone from the Steelers talk our of their neck, the Cowboys just need to shut up and have their play do the talking.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
FWIW, Decleater at the Ranch (who also posts here) heard the same thing. He's as solid a poster as you'll find -- you may have seen the great vids he makes after each of our games -- and wouldn't make up something like that. Here's what he posted:

I know SOMEBODY here had to hear his interview today. I was on the highway traveling and almost ran into the oncoming lane trying to keep my head from exploding.

I'm still seething, but if you heard it then you know where I'm at. All I can say is I hope the Cowboys staff gets a copy of the interview and pipes it through the PA system at Valley Ranch on constant loop untill they get on the plane saturday.

Just to summarize, it sounded for all the world like he's expecting to play the Detroit Lions this week. Every time the host (the noontime guy, I forget his name) asked him to comment on the Cowboys and the problems we might present them, he simply started ranting about how great the steelers are.

He basically said he's not worried about Romo's ability to move in the pocket because wherever Romo move's to, they will be waiting for him.

When pressed, he FINALLY stated "We definately will not overlook the Cowboys because they could give us problems if we overlook them".

YES, he REALLY said that. *** ?!?!?!?!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2458511 said:
FWIW, Decleater at the Ranch (who also posts here) heard the same thing. He's as solid a poster as you'll find -- you may have seen the great vids he makes after each of our games -- and wouldn't make up something like that. Here's what he posted:

What about all that BB material the Giants left us before that playoff game? Remember when Plaxico said how he didn't fear our defense to boot? How did that turn out when all was said and done?

No seriously-I would be really dissapointed if our team spent hours digging for BB material instead of mentally preparing themselves for this game. The last 5 Dec's nearly left me with a rotten holiday season...I just hope things change drastically this month.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2458522 said:
What about all that BB material the Giants left us before that playoff game? Remember when Plaxico said how he didn't fear our defense to boot? How did that turn out when all was said and done?

No seriously-I would be really dissapointed if our team spent hours digging for BB material instead of mentally preparing themselves for this game. The last 5 Dec's nearly left me with a rotten holiday season...I just hope things change drastically this month.

That was last season...let's move on now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2458522 said:

I think the real point here is that... TO is to blame.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2458522 said:

Your missing the whole point.

they are not digging for it. A pittsburgh player talked that way on a station dedicated to the nfl. Something tells me they will hear it, without digging for it.

and secondly. We were 2-2 last december and they basically threw away the last game. We had a great comeback against detroit after an emotional win against gb and then we had 250 yards of offense in the first half against carolina and played the rest of the way without owens. And when he went out the team tried to grind it out and they did.

We lost the playoff game. If crayton finishes his route, we win and who knows what the future would have brought us. But he didnt.

I think this team is gearing up for a run. All they have been missing this season was the effort, and that is what had me irate watching the games. The lack of effort. It looks right now that guys are doing all the little things, especially up front.

So I will judge this team on this december and hopefully january.