Steelers LB Lamar Woodley on Sirius

Boysboy

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457849 said:
I doubt it. The Steelers, minus Anthony Smith, are generally not the chattery type. I'm sure Mike Tomlin has this team ready for the media storm around this game. I'd be extremely surprised if any bulletin board material came out of the Burgh'.

Like I said-I got it off the SMB.

Pt being that I doubt if Woodley worded it that way-I didn't listen to the interview, but LW probably said, "We need 11 guys to contain Romo, not 2", but one of the bloggers on the SMB just typed it quickly while rewording it a bit, and ended up making it look like Woodley smacked talked a bit.

I didn't find it a big deal-like I said too, the Steelers seem to be healthy, have that swagger, and are ready for that final sprint unlike last year.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457849 said:
I doubt it. The Steelers, minus Anthony Smith, are generally not the chattery type. I'm sure Mike Tomlin has this team ready for the media storm around this game. I'd be extremely surprised if any bulletin board material came out of the Burgh'.

Well, I admit I have Sirius, but I didn't hear this interview with Woodley so my opinion is only based on the verbage in the OP's post. I think he's already provided some bulletin board material.

Romo is a blitz killer when he's on his A game, and he doesn't take very many sacks. The Steelers D had better be on their game. If Romo gets clean releases on the ball, it will be a long day for the Steelers D.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dallas_112678;2457795 said:
I think people are making way to much about their defense, sure its a good defense and all, but their corners are not great, what makes their defense do so good is the pressure they get on the quarterback. They are number one in sacks and we are # 2. The #3 in sacks is Philly and they ONLY HAVE 3 FEWER SACKS THAN PITT. Pitt does have some great Blitz packages, but it not as if they have way more sacks than other teams. They only have 3 more sacks than a team that we play 2x every year, thats not a hugh difference in sacks at all. Oh and they lost to Philly and only managed to get 6 points against philly. Last time i checked we beat Philly and put a ton of points up against them.

The fact of the matter is the only somewhat competent offense's Pitt has gone against is the Giants, Philly and the Colts, and they lost those 3 games. NE was w/o Brady and Cassel is nowhere close to Brady and NE's secondary is much more beat up than ours is.

All their losses came against teams that feature a solid running game. Two of them are NFC East teams. The only NFC-East team they beat were the one-dimensional Commanders. They keyed on Portis and the Commanders had nothing else to throw at them. But the Eagles and Giants came with more. Dallas will do the same. No way will Pitt split with the NFC_East. I'm not at all worried.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2457868 said:
Well, I admit I have Sirius, but I didn't hear this interview with Woodley so my opinion is only based on the verbage in the OP's post. I think he's already provided some bulletin board material.

Romo is a blitz killer when he's on his A game, and he doesn't take very many sacks. The Steelers D had better be on their game. If Romo gets clean releases on the ball, it will be a long day for the Steelers D.

Well-remember all the BB material Jon Kitna gave us last year. The Lions still kicked us a good one in the teeth, but they showed their true colors at the end by finding a dozen ways to blow it.

Pt being that BB material is ultimately overrated. I would prefer, at the very least, our guys stay quiet, but in the end, players and coaches are so busy preparing for the game, that they couldn't give 2 ***** what someone else says.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Disturbed;2457779 said:
The Steeler defense can say whatever they want because they are #1 in all categories. Dallas just needs to keep quiet and show up to play. We have enough weapons on offense to get the job done.

This may be Roy Williams day to show up big time. I look for a decent performance from him since the Steelers are sure to key on TO and Witten.
Yea i said yesterday expect a big time breakthrough performance from Roy! He will get plenty of chances and the longer that Romo has been back and practicing with Roy the more in sync they are becoming. I expect a 100 plus yards from him and 2 TD's!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This is great... Just what I thought might happen after they smacked New England, which is why I'm glad they did.

But it's kind of funny to me that when Crayton or someone on our team talks, we're a bunch of bigmouthed losers who should shut up. When the Stillers do it, it's just a sign of confidence and "they have a right to talk".

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2457923 said:
When the Stillers do it, it's just a sign of confidence and "they have a right to talk".

Well, they do have a right to talk, and the Cowboys have the right to smack them in the mouth on Sunday.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2457708 said:
This game is making me EXTREMELY nervous.

Don't worry, the Steeler are going to get throughly embarrassed.

Based on what he just said, I suspect they already believe they have the game won. :laugh2:

gmoney112

Reaction score
hahah bennett's going to jump over woodley for a td, just watch. him and roy will probably have scores because theyll be focused on TO, witten, and barber.

anyone want to wager on the sack scount for big ben? i say we get 5. 3 of them will be drive enders

bigE79

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2457929 said:
Well, they do have a right to talk, and the Cowboys have the right to smack them in the mouth on Sunday.
:bow:

Section446

Reaction score
The Steelers haven't faced an offense with the kind of fire power Dallas brings to the table either.

dfense

Reaction score
Boysboy;2457708 said:
Got this off the SMB...

One thing's for sure-this isn't last year at this time when Pitt was playing without their best DL(Aaron Smith), Troy P, Willie Parker, their LT, and a couple of other key guys. They're healthy now.

Kinda dismissing the Dallas defense as a non issue.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
kramskoi;2457785 said:
Tno need to be nervous...

To put it simply...if Dallas is worthy, they will win...if they execute and win the turnover battle they're chances are certainly as good as Philadelphia or New York, who both beat Pittsburgh by getting after Roethlisberger...that is the key and the Dallas defense should be ready to follow a similar plan of action.

That said, these are the games they have to win if they aspire to be champions, as even one loss could be fatal in the final analysis, given the strength of the NFC South.

Anyone thinking that 11-5 guarantees a playoff berth this year has'nt been paying attention. Dallas may yet rue the day of the loss to St. Louis/ARZ/Washington.

If Dallas ends up in a tie with Atlanta for the last spot, they damn well better not have losses to NYG and PHI on their conference record...its currently 5-3 6-4. Dallas HAS to beat either Pitt or Baltimore, preferably both of them and then take out both remaining division rivals...for that Dallas has to go no worse than 3-1 down the stretch. PERIOD.

Like i said, if they are worthy then they will make the playoffs. If not...

In effect, the playoffs start this Sunday at Heinz Field. Or at least that should be the attitude of the entire organization.

:clap:

Well said.

If this is the most talented team in the league, then we oughta win all these remaining games.

This team knows what's on the line. It has the talent. Now go do it. No excuses.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
The Steelers' defense has always been vaunted the last few years. They are certainly capable of being beaten. I think Woodley is just talking out of his face for air play.

Dallas' offense can beat you on the ground and through the air. If it isn't T.O., it's always somebody else. The AFC in general doesn't have the firepower that the NFC does and that gives us the stretch down the road.

I think we can take all that the Steelers can throw at us and then some.

bigE79

Reaction score
**** woodley the stealers and their fans with their yellow *** towls...that is all:star:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
They will be crying and using those ugly yellow things to dry their eyes on.

Dallas 17
Pittsburgh 13

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Boysboy;2457708 said:
Got this off the SMB...

One thing's for sure-this isn't last year at this time when Pitt was playing without their best DL(Aaron Smith), Troy P, Willie Parker, their LT, and a couple of other key guys. They're healthy now.

I am the exact opposite.

One of the main problems with the Cowboys over the years is they don't seem to play with fire and enthusiasm.

I know alot of the guys in the lockerroom are hearing the crap this guy is talking, especially towards Tony Romo, a guy everybody on the team seems to like.

This is definately going to motivate them.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
If Lamar really bragged about the illegal hit on Welker. He should be on notice.

Who is going to retaliate?

# 94

Ask John Kitna.

Frozen700

Reaction score
im talking to my homeboy who is a die hard fan....he said Woodley did not say this...and he is a quite guy...