Video: Stephen A and crew on the McCarthy hire

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with everything said here..

Very lackluster and a complete retread hire.

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

image073.jpg

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sean Payton: 131-77 record, .630 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-7 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Sean Payton has made 1 NFCCG in the last 10 seasons with the most prolific qb who ever lived. That’s 1 more than Garrett

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typical SAS idiotic rant. And the other haters with him. I stopped watching at the 4 minute mark. But I did not want to comment on something I did not at least attempt to watch.
Haters going to hate.

Even on here in all the other threads. We finally got a new HC, which seems Jerry is going to give him full authority to hire his own staff.
But we get a new HC and people don't like it.

Now I still do not know what I think or feel about it. But I don't hate it. I will need to see who he brings in at DC, OC or does he keep Moore. Which I may be ok with also.

However, he is our new coach, so will just have to support it and see how it goes.
Why hate so soon.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Come on Marcus, suggesting that other coaches said they were not interested in interviewing is laughable.

I do agree that JG is a good leader, he just isn't a good NFL coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The mike has been dropped....

No..

It's actually a lazy comparison and ignoring that the guy had maybe the most talented QB of all time.

Some of you would pom pom a Brian Billick hire because he won a superbowl and ignore why he won a Superbowl.

Sean Payton is a good coach and gives his teams a edge on gameday.

Mike McCarthy hurts his team on game day and they have to overcome him.

Jerry is on your side though and doesn't value coaching.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
One other reason McCarthy may have been hired. He's constantly beat us, 7-3 so knows the Garrett tendencies and that includes 2 playoff appearances.

One in Big D, the other famous catch game. Even if we had scored 7 on the Dez non catch ,making it 28-26 there was still time for the Pack to come back and win with a FG as the final score was 26-21.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Come on Marcus, suggesting that other coaches said they were interested in interviewing is laughable.

I do agree that JG is a good leader, he just isn't a good NFL coach.

JG is a good leader because the media tells us that. I'm waiting to get some real feedback from the players now that he's gone....

gmb1

Reaction score
Sean Payton: 131-77 record, .630 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-7 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring
Hmmmmm.....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here. Everyone wanted some flashy new toy as usual. Everyone also thinks they know everything going on behind the scenes. My guess is this is who Jerry had in mind all along. The good news is he's going to have a very short leash. If he sucks, Jerry won't hesiwto boot him.

He's here now. Get behind it or get out.

NFLN group likes the hire. They said it is prudent. Not flashy which is a good thing.
They also said they believe the Cowboys knew what they were doing all along, to take a week, announce Garrett is out, then hire McCarthy the next day. And that this could have been in the works for several weeks.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It's really just common sense. If Stephen A can figure it out why can't you?

I guess you'll pom pom this hire and find out in a few years the hard way.
I for one am hoping you and SAS are wrong Catch. Winning is the cure all. Can't wait until sept to find out.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The usual haters are out in force. They’ve been waiting at the keyboard for days for the new head coach announcement. No matter who it was.

Incorrect. Had it been Meyer, Riley, or Roman, I would've been beyond ecstatic. But no, we rushed into it with McCarthy. Had we even given the people I listed a chance, I would've been fine, however, we don't know what those candidates had to offer.

shabazz

Reaction score
Time will tell if this is the correct move, but the media, especially in regards to the Cowboys, will only give the thumbs up on a Sexy pick like Meyers, Riley, etc, etc.......

The truth is none of us know for sure but theres nothing wrong with speculation. I don't get too high or too low till I see the results.....and which teams those results are against

garyv

Reaction score

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

I never agree with this moron, If we hired Vince Lombardi or Bill Belecheat he would trash it. He is a Cowboy hater
but most importantly likes to stir the pot. Hes a media hog.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score

What a joke.

Yet Stephen A. said Marvin Lewis would have been a better coaching hire.

Lewis and his barely over .500 winning percentage in 16 years, with 7 losses and 0 wins in the playoffs.

Lewis, who said if he was hired as coach of the Cowboys demanded that another perennial loser ( and garbage human being) Hue Jackson to be his offensive coordinator.

The only joke here is you.

Big_D

Reaction score
This is a drastic improvement on the clown show we’ve been watching for a decade plus!