Video: Stephen A and crew on the McCarthy hire

Tommy

Reaction score
Reckless and impulsive hire IMO. We should've at least tried to get Meyer, Riley, or Roman here. At least Riley or Meyer as an OC to prevent a bad NFL "learning curve". McCarthy is an upgrade. But by how much? And is he better than the coaches I listed? Was he really that good to the point where we didn't need to interview anyone else or give another candidate a chance?
We should have hired Urban Meyer to be our OC?

Did I read that right?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Of course you would agree. SAS is an ***. No credibility when it comes to knowing ANYTHING about football. Just a talking heads jackass.
He’s just anti-Cowboys and his only agenda is to say negative things about Dallas to drive up ratings. I’ll never understand why anyone takes him seriously...

Rex is just angry no one is calling him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reckless and impulsive hire IMO. We should've at least tried to get Meyer, Riley, or Roman here. At least Riley or Meyer as an OC to prevent a bad NFL "learning curve". McCarthy is an upgrade. But by how much? And is he better than the coaches I listed? Was he really that good to the point where we didn't need to interview anyone else or give another candidate a chance?
Meyer or Riley arent taking OC jobs

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith has got to be one of the most annoying sports TV personalities in existence. If this is the piece I saw, dude starting yelling across the table about this. Why? Your take isn't better because you're louder and more obnoxious. I bet those guys next to him put on their best TV face but all of them just want to smack him one.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
You people wanted JG out and he leaves; and we get a new guy and still complain.

coult44

Reaction score
I agree with everything said here..

Very lackluster and a complete retread hire.

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

Which coaches out there have more NFL success?

VACowboy

Reaction score
It's really just common sense. If Stephen A can figure it out why can't you?

I guess you'll pom pom this hire and find out in a few years the hard way.
I have no more idea how McCarthy is gonna turn out in Dallas than you or anyone else here, and I'm not gonna spend the next 10 months with my pannies in a wad--before the team has played a down under McCarthy, before they've stepped foot on the practice field, hell, before the guy has even completed his staff. Doesn't cost me anything to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt. Garret has been replaced by a SB-winning coach with a record as good as any NFL head man not named Bill Belichick. I don't understand the bitterness over that.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
To me, the move feels like it devalues to title of "Dallas Cowboys Head Coach" by recycling a former HC from another team. I always prefer our HC to be a Cowboy, pure and exclusively Cowboy. I didn't like Parcells hire to be honest for the same reason.

Dallas Cowboys is too prestigious to hire Packers reject, or any other organization.

Landry started and spent his HC career with the Cowboys. The symbol of the Dallas Cowboys
Jimmy started his HC career in NFL and is known for his Cowboys time
Even the Garret hire, Ioved it back then because this is a Cowboy.
Add Switzer, Gaily all pure Cowboys hires. I like that.

This is one of the big reasons I wanted Urban Meyer. Coming clean from College with huge resume, talent evaluator, charisma, leadership... Man! we missed a huge chance

:cool:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree with everything said here..

Very lackluster and a complete retread hire.

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

Stephen A is a moron. A 100pct moron. Also extremely biased when it comes the Cowboys. Zero surprise he would be critical.

morat1959

Reaction score
The Cowboys embarrassed their franchise with this hire and did nothing to get their fan base excited again.

They just did the NFL a solid by bringing back one of their good ole boys.
Who would your hire have been?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sean Payton: 131-77 record, .630 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-7 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring
Yeah.

Each year about 6-8 HC positions open.

That means out of 32 teams..

about 25% are fired. Not to mention staff.

So about every 4 years the league turns over 100%. Give or take, rough numbers.

So finding a coach like MM is very lucky for us.

Is Payton better than MM?

I am happy with Jones' decision at this moment in time.

We are back in the mix again.

:omg:

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I have no more idea how McCarthy is gonna turn out in Dallas than you or anyone else here, and I'm not gonna spend the next 10 months with my pannies in a wad--before the team has played a down under McCarthy, before they've stepped foot on the practice field, hell, before the guy has even completed his staff. Doesn't cost me anything to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt. Garret has been replaced by a SB-winning coach with a record as good as any NFL head man not named Bill Belichick. I don't understand the bitterness over that.
No one knows. People here just love to complain

cowboyec

Reaction score
haters.
screw'm.
good coach.
good hire.
they change the narrative when they sign with Dallas.
haters.
screw'm all.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin: